- Deep within Kenya’s Maasai Mara National Reserve, Rekero offers a spectacular location from which to watch the Great Migration as the wildebeest thunder across the river just outside camp.
- This traditional East African camp evokes the romance of safaris from a bygone era.
- Beautiful, bush-style tents overlooking the Talek River.
- Range of game activities such as game drives, walking and hot air ballooning.
- Continual stream of animals at the river, viewable from rooms and main area.
- Maasai guides provide unique insight into the Mara.
- Suitable for families with children aged five years and up.
- Game drives on the Maasai Mara.
- Watch game come into drink at the Talek River.
- If you are lucky you might see a wildebeest crossing at the rekero crossing next to camp.
- Hot Air balloon trips over the Maasai Mara.
- Visit a local Maasai Village.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Shared vehicle game drives are available from Rekero in the morning, afternoon or as a full day option. The game drives can be tailored to your particular interest but, for enhanced flexibility, booking a private vehicle is recommended. On the other hand, you can take the day off, sit back and listen to the bush chorus as you read a book or relax in camp enjoying the views from the deck.
For those keen to get in some early morning game viewing or maximise their time watching game, our camp chef can prepare a delicious packed breakfast or lunch. Leave camp with the rising sun and enjoy a packed breakfast or lunch to maximise your game-viewing time.
Balloon safaris are a romantic and iconic way of experiencing the wilderness of East Africa, as you fly silently over the plains teeming with herds of wildlife in the early morning. Typically, a balloon safari begins around 6 am and lasts for around 1 hour. Balloon safaris (additional cost) take off from designated sites and are followed by a champagne breakfast in the bush – a fitting end to a memorable flight in the wild. (At an additional cost).
At Rekero you are just 50 meters away from one of the regular wildebeest migration crossing points, where the herds of zebra and wildebeest cross the Talek River. Families with children of 5 years can stay in our two airy family tents with full en-suite facilities. Families have a personal game-viewing vehicle and highly-skilled guide complete with amazing bush-wise facts, anecdotes and stories that will keep the kids entertained for hours.
Deep within Kenya’s Maasai Mara National Reserve, Rekero offers a spectacular location from which to watch the Great Migration as the wildebeest thunder across the river just outside camp. This traditional East African camp evokes the romance of safaris from a bygone era. The elegant tents form a tranquil oasis perched stategically above the mighty Talek River. The sweeping views from camp take in the surrounding plains, which support some of the greatest concentrations and diversity of wildlife in Africa. The cherry on top is the warm hospitality of our team and our world-renowned game-viewing guides with years of expertise – in such good hands you are ensured an incomparable Maasai Mara safari experience.
Accommodation at Rekero Camp is for twenty guests in nine tents two of which are family tents. All tents have terraces overlooking the Talek river and en-suite bathrooms with flush loos and safari showers.Lighting is by a solar powered inverter in the tents and kerosene lanterns are situated in front of the tents to provide subtle lighting of the exterior and front.
Guest tent – 2 pax
Rekero’s nine spacious tents are laid out along the edge of the Talek River under a network of shady trees. The suites are designed in classic safari style with a fresh, contemporary edge. Each tent has a fully plumbed en-suite bathroom with running hot-water shower and flushing toilet. To make the suites even more comfortable, each tent has a large private veranda with an inviting day bed or couch where you can take in a view of the river.
Family tent – 4 pax
Two family tents are available at Rekero, featuring a king-sized bed (twin beds are available), 3 single beds and a fully plumbed en-suite bathroom with hot running shower and flushing toilet. The tents are in a unique location offering stunning views of the Talek River and its riverine forest. Guests can enjoy the tranquillity of the bush while relaxing on their private verandas.
Tables are often brought out onto the main lawn for breakfast and lunch – and these are great times to do a bit of birdwatching! The river deck is ideal for enjoying a sundowner while looking out for wildlife.
The lounge tent has plenty of colourful sofas and armchairs, coffee tables, and a selection of books, while the mess tent serves as the main dining area, with its long table and rows of dining chairs.
The main areas at Rekero comprise a large lounge tent, a smaller mess tent, a gift shop, and tropical gardens leading down to a very stylish river deck.