- The Majlis resort is a privately-owned, 25 room luxury boutique hotel accessible only by boat & occupying a unique location on the exclusive Manda Island, facing the world-renowned Lamu Island on Kenya’s North Coast.
- With superb beachfront location and fine views over the Ras Kitau bay and Shela village, this idyllic hotel is designed to reflect Lamu’s traditional heritage and style.
- With its tropical climate and idyllic scenery, The Majlis is a great place for families and couples alike—no wonder Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie picked the hotel to spend a New Year’s Eve.
- Tastefully designed and decorated rooms, with well-selected artifacts, all presented in timeless Lamu style—including hand-carved doors and furniture, matching the local tradition.
- Panoramic bay views are also ensured from the restaurant roof bar. Sundowner cocktails served on a thatched-roof terrace or in the impressive lounge bar next to the lovely pool.
- Stroll along seemingly endless deserted beaches and indulge in the unforgettable dhow sunset cruises.
- Facilities include two bars, two swimming pools, an activity center with a wide variety of water sport activities.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Occupying a unique location on exclusive Manda Island in the Lamu Archipelago, The Majlis offers superb seafront views of Ras Kitau Bay and Shela village. Designed to reflect Lamu’s fascinating blend of influences, it features superbly appointed suites that combine contemporary comforts with local tradition. Presented in a timelessly elegant style and set amidst indigenous trees and plants, the suites are spacious, with traditionally high, beamed ceilings, large windows and open terraces that boast spectacular views of the beach, the lush gardens or sparkling swimming pools. Each suite is constructed using white coral blocks, with doors and furniture hand carved according to local traditions.
Two ocean-fronting bars provide the ideal setting to enjoy a cocktail as the sun sets over the sandy beach. Built using local materials such as casuarinas and mangrove poles, and boasting a makuti thatch ceiling, the open fronted restaurant offers delicious Italian and Swahili inspired menus, created with only the freshest seasonal ingredients. Guests can enjoy Ayurvedic treatments in the wellness centre or in the massage banda on the beach. Majlis offers a wide range of water activities as well as an assortment of mainland adventures. Enjoy boat excursions, wildlife safaris, fishing trips, water sports (water-skiing, wakeboarding, windsurfing, kayaking, diving and snorkeling), and fascinating cultural tours.