PROPERTY HIGHLIGHTS :
- A picture of beauty on an isolated peninsula overlooking a wide bay, Anjajavy eco lodge invites you to experience Madagascar, one of the last remaining unspoilt oases on the planet. Reached by a scenic light aircraft flight.
- The serene retreat has 24 villas, restaurant, spectacular 5 km beach, infinity pool, water sports center, landscaped garden and is surrounded by deserted creeks and a 550 hectare listed private forest reserve.
- The nature reserve is home to one of the world’s richest examples of biodiversity: with 2000 varieties of plants, 7 species of lemurs and 130 bird species, including Madagascar’s critically endangered Eagle.
- The rosewood villas offer a bedroom, large living room, breakfast nook, walk in showers and a large terrace that overlooks the sea. View lemurs right from the comfort of your deck.
- The fresh cuisine of the lodge uses local organic produce & seafood extracted using traditional fishing and sustainable farming techniques.
- There is a marina for water sports, including water skiing, snorkelling, sailing on a catamaran, windsurfing and excellent fishing. There are also boat excursions to the surrounding fishing villages, grottoes, a trip up the estuary to see mangroves, a visit to the “tsingy”, guided excursions in four-wheel drive vehicles through the nature reserve, mountain bikes and the ability to explore the reserve on foot to discover the flora and fauna of the area.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
On an isolated peninsula on the northwest coast of Madagascar, Anjajavy le Lodge – Relais & Châteaux offers a luxe, serene exotic eco escape in a 550 hectare lush nature reserve. Set along on sandy beaches, azure waters and encircled by a fabulous forest reserve, Anjajavy reflects the rich diversity and untouched beauty of Madagascar and the natural warm hospitality of its people. Each of the 24 rosewood villas borders the main beach of the huge private estate of the lodge. All the villas have a spacious terrace facing the sea, a living room with a salon and a bedroom. The restaurant serves fresh local organic produce & sustainably caught seafood from an a la carte menu, including the delectable Madagascar prawns. The resort features a stunning 5 km beach, 20 meter beachfront seawater infinity pool, watersports center and and array of myriad cultural & nautical excursions.
Madagascar is a botanical paradise, with more than 13,000 indigenous species including 900 orchid varieties, 200 palm tree species and 130 species of aloes. The island is so large and has such a diversity of habitats and climates that each corner of Madagascar has its own special community of plants. The inventories and observations of the animal and plant species of Anjajavy are testimony to its great biological wealth, with no fewer than five critically endangered species, 15 in danger of extinction and 13 vulnerable to extinction. The large majority of these species are endemic to Madagascar.
Each of the 24 rosewood villas borders the main beach of the huge private estate of the lodge. All the villas have a spacious terrace facing the sea, a living room with a salon and a bedroom. A Japanese staircase rises to the upper floor where a rest room has been created which can also serve as an office or a bedroom for children or friends. The bathroom is equipped with a large corner bath and the toilets are separate. A silent and individual air conditioning system keeps the bedroom at an ideal temperature
In the restaurant, you can choose your a la carte menu each day, created by the chef with ultra-fresh products. The discreet and efficient service staff will guard your privacy, will always smile at you, and listen to your daily adventures if you wish. Floors and walls of rosewood glide from the interior to the big terrace without interruption; a private dinner can be served to you in the oasis or on the beach if you want.
The Chef’s cuisine blends well with the requirements of nature and bio products: the fish and shellfish come straight from the sea, the Madagascar prawns are simply the best in the world, the vegetables and the fruits are brought daily by the villagers, who cultivate without fertilizers or pesticides.
Taking pride of place, the cuisine of the lodge uses organic, wild products, extracted using traditional fishing and farming techniques. Fruit, crabs, shrimp and fish are gathered from the mangrove and forest ecosystems, responsibly using sustainable farming practices, protecting rare species and respecting the regeneration periods of Nature’s resources. This exchange between Nature and man, directly benefits the residents of the reserve and gives the villagers a vested interest in its long-term conservation of the ecosystems therein. Gastronomy, direct from Nature, as a force for preservation.
The resort features a stunning beach and 20 meter beachfront seawater infinity pool. There is a marina for water sports, including water skiing, snorkelling, sailing on a catamaran, windsurfing and excellent fishing. The activities in Anjajavy could easily fill a ten-day stay. There are so many things to do if you are keen on wildlife, nautical activities or village tours.
Kayak on the sea or in the mangrove
Private boat trip on the sea or in the mangrove
Excursion to Moramba Bay
Unwind with one of our in-villas spa treatments that use African botanicals, including massages, facials, body treatments, manicures and pedicures.