PROPERTY HIGHLIGHTS :
- Set on the Nosy Ankao archipelago, the heavenly retreat of Time + Tide Miavana is an uber luxe private island located on the north-eastern coast of Madagascar that’s set in its own protected area.
- Time + Tide Miavana is a haven of castaway luxury for pioneering adventurers at the ends of the Earth. The ultimate destination for modern day explorers, the resort brings together world class luxury in a world of rare wildlife and extraordinary landscapes.
- With only 14 private villas strung along an untouched beach, staying at this luxurious eco-lodge will feel as though you’ve stumbled upon your own Robinson Crusoe castaway haven. Ocean views and direct beach access from every villa.
- From the endless white-sandy shores and panoramic ocean views to the hidden lagoons and aquamarine bay there really isn’t a place more magical than this.
- From the lodge, guests can explore the treasure trove of bays, beaches and lagoons that provide a perfect platform for ‘Blue Safaris’: a wonderful mix of guided water and land activities.
- Activities include scenic helicopter flights, scuba diving on pristine reefs, world class deep sea & fly fishing, beach picnics on secluded coves, wind and kite-surfing & humpback whale watching.
- Safaris to see some of the world’s rarest animals in the many nature reserves, such as the black lemur and or Brookesia chameleon.
- Signature Sleepout Under the Stars on a nearby, uninhabited island.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The waters around Miavana are a fisherman’s paradise. Go out on one of the state of the art boats, or take a helicopter to search for big game species including giant trevally, bluefin, sail fish and barracuda all waiting to be caught… and released.
Take a boat trip to one of Nosy Ankao’s neighbouring islands where you will be accompanied by an expert nature guide as you go in search of the endemic golden crowned sifaka, Perrier’s sifaka and crowned lemur as well as a variety of other fauna.
Madagascar is the land in a forgotten sea. A world of lemurs and chameleons, and a mosaic of unexplored coves, rarity is the luxury of Madagascar. Fringed by white sand beaches and sprawling coral reefs, Time + Tide Miavana stays true to the island’s secluded roots, creating a luxurious haven where guests can enjoy our signature experience. Dotted along the pristine beach, Time + Tide Miavana’s 14 villas are a masterpiece in luxury. Natural elements of sea, sand and air meet elegantly through inspired interiors and textures that celebrate the extraordinary island setting. Hand-dyed textiles mirror the endless shades of turquoise shimmering in the ocean views. Local, hand cut stones the colour of seashells accent the walls and the unique turreted shower, evoking castaway luxury at its finest. Floor to ceiling windows offer panoramic views of the Indian Ocean mere metres away.
Throughout the villas, every detail is thoughtfully designed to create the ultimate luxury experience. The one, two and three-bedroom guest sanctuaries offer ample space (minimum 450 square metres), a private pool overlooking the sea, a comfortable lounge, butler service and a well-stocked kitchenette. Each villa has an extra bathroom and a study, which can be converted into a children’s bedroom. From your villa, explore the island using the complimentary bicycles and electric buggy.
Designed for an effortless flow between the in and out, the villas immerse you into the island setting. Elements of sea, sand and air meet through inspired interiors featuring hand dyed textiles, Malagasy wood and local stone. With 14 private villas to choose from, each ranging from 1 – 3 rooms guests can hole up in complete seclusion during their stay. It may be off the grid but Miavana still oozes style with award-winning architects Silvio Rech & Lesley Carstens creating the perfect blend of barefoot beach luxury with historic European renaissance. As well as private pools, each villa also boasts gorgeous ocean views with direct access to the beach so you can simply roll out of bed and into the azure water to snorkel through reefs with no name.
14 luxury villas – 1 ,2 and 3 bedroom options. Starting at 450 metres square, every space has been laid out to offer panoramic views of the white sand beach, turquoise waters and dramatic mountains on the Madagascan mainland. Each villa is spacious and airy with a private pool. A personal butler will tend to your every whim, ensuring a delightfully relaxing stay.
+ 8 one bedroom en suite villas
+ 4 two bedroom en suite villas
+ 2 three bedroom en suite villas
+ Study can convert to a children’s bedroom
+ Personal butler available 24/7
+ Eco-cooled sleeping spaces and fans
+ Indoor and outdoor showers
+ Soaking tubs overlooking the ocean
+ Floor to ceiling retractable glass windows offering panoramic ocean views
+ Spacious lounge, well-stocked kitchenette and personal bar
+ Oceanfront verandah and private pool
+ Cruiser bicycles and electric buggy
+ Generator and solar power, multi adaptor plug points throughout villa
+ Limited wifi and phone signal
Every day Time + Tide Miavana’s outstanding culinary team, led by Chef Enoryt Appollis, create exquisite meals that bring together the finest local ingredients with world class skill. Dishes range from light and fresh to indulgent and delectable, with flavours pulled from around the globe. Time + Tide Miavana offers several dining options. For a more elegant setting, you may dine in our Italian grotto or the spacious veranda overlooking the ocean. If you crave a more casual experience, dine right on the beach with the sand between your toes, or in our piazza, where you can ease into the beachy vibes. For those seeking a little more privacy, dine in your villa, where your personal butler tends to you. In the Miavana Village + Piazza, our beachfront bar, rooftop lounge and beach fire-pit provide the perfect place to unwind and enjoy a handcrafted cocktail or a premium wine. Enjoy a tasting with our expert sommelier in our thoughtfully curated wine cellar.
In the Miavana Village + Piazza, our beachfront bar, rooftop lounge and beach fire-pit provide the perfect place to unwind and enjoy a handcrafted cocktail or a premium wine.
Enjoy a tasting with our expert sommelier in our thoughtfully curated wine cellar.
Perfectly designed for both privacy and unity, the Time + Tide Miavana Village offers an array of spaces to suit your every need. Whether craving beachfront elegance,romantic ambiance or sand between your toes, the village delivers with both indoor and outdoor options. With views overlooking the beach and mountains beyond, the Time + Tide Miavana Village is the perfect place to unwind. Enjoy a drink on our rooftop lounge, relax next to our shimmering infinity pool or stargaze around the beachfront firepit.
The Time + Tide Miavana villas are perfectly designed for total relaxation, with a private pool, spacious veranda overlooking the sea and direct beach access for ocean dips. On arrival at Time + Tide Miavana, you will have a consultation with our expert activities team to create a customised plan based on your wants, interests and needs. Time + Tide Miavana has two distinct seasons. From November to mid-May, the days are warm, with light rains mainly overnight, making it best for diving, fishing, diving, fishing, snorkelling and sea turtles. Mid-May to October has cooler days with seasonal winds, making it perfect for intrepid guests who want to see whales, terns, or go kite/windsurfing.
+ Scuba diving and snorkelling
+ Deep sea, fly and boat fishing
+ Helicopter excursions
+ Lemur trekking
+ Guided nature walks
+ Stand-up paddleboarding
+ Sea kayaking
Unwind with one of our in-villas spa treatments that use African botanicals, including massages, facials, body treatments, manicures and pedicures.
Additionally, there is also a large infinity pool in the main village overlooking the ocean and the mountains beyond.
At the Activities Centre, you will find our well-stocked gym, featuring a range of cardio machines, free weights and yoga mats – all directly overlooking the ocean.