- Much of this island’s appeal is its privileged setting in Unesco Biosphere Reserve, the Baa Atoll, with a thriving house reef, deep blue hole just off shore and no other island in sight. Fringed with white sand merging into turquoise lagoon, this lush pocket of land provides the backdrop for indulgence and relaxation.
- This marine-life rich region is celebrated for the hundreds of manta rays and whale sharks that gather here each year. Speedboats take guests across the waves to snorkel with these marina creatures at Hanifaru Bay, a marine protected sanctuary where they’re known to feed on the plankton.
- Fitting the classic Maldivian aesthetic, huge villas are palm thatched and either tucked into the island’s vegetation or on stilts over the water. Some come with private plunge pools and they all have outdoor living space.
- A lavish breakfast buffet is served at beachside restaurant Amaany. Come lunchtime, dine on Italian dishes by the pool at Mediterranean-style Isoletta or at SE Asian restaurant Onu. Indulge in a grilled seafood dinner on the beach at Vakku or with a private wine dinner in Vakkaru Reserve. Catch the sunset with poolside drinks at Cabana and create your own cocktails with their award-winning mixologist at Lagoon Bar.
- Merana Spa offers couples’ suites, single treatment rooms and an outdoor relaxation area sit on stilts over the cerulean sea with glass panels for watching parrotfish swim beneath you.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Lies within the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve of Baa Atoll, Vakkaru Maldives is a secluded reef island blessed with timeless ocean views, powder-soft, brilliant white sands, deep blue holes and house reef with unique marine biodiversity. A scenic 30-minute seaplane flight from Male International Airport transport you into this idyllic paradise intuitively designed for guests seeking timeless experiences. Home to over 2,300 fully grown coconut trees, our tropical island also features 113 luxury villas and suites, five restaurants, two bars, a wine cellar and an over-the-water Spa. Engaging experiences are offered by Splash water sports and dive centre, Sports Fields, Parrotfish Club, 24/7 Coconut Club and gym.
Whether you are travelling as a couple on a romantic break, or in a larger group with family and friends, Vakkaru Maldives offers a superlative choice of luxury accommodation. In keeping with the rustic charms of Maldivian culture, all 113 beach and over water villas and Residences have an earthy yet elegant aesthetic, offering an incredible sense of space and stunning ocean views. A collection of delectable dishes from Europe to Asia, served in five restaurants, two bars, a wine cellar as well as private destination dining around the island. Find inner serenity with expert therapists at Merana Spa, featuring luxurious overwater single and couple treatment rooms, an ayurvedic treatment room, hair and nail salon, spa boutique and outdoor wellness area featuring a warm whirlpool, cold plunge pool, sauna and steam room.