- Perched on isthmus in the Adriatic Sea, Aman Sveti Stefan hotel occupies a converted 15th-century fishing village and a shoreside, turn-of-the-century royal villa. Rooms in red-tiled cottages and sea-front suites let you live like a local throughout your stay. It’s a sublime and romantic place, which will inspire fantasies about medieaval Montenegrin living.
- Located in the centre of Montenegro’s sun-drenched coastline, a short drive or sail from Budva or the Unesco-protected Bay of Kotor.
- An 80-acre estate divided between the fortified fishing village of Sveti Stefan island and Villa Milocer on the mainland, with cobbled lanes, shaded courtyards, 600-year-old red-tiled roofs and three pink-sand beaches.
- Each of the resort’s 58 dwellings is individually laid out and decorated, combining historic features with contemporary reinterpretations. Hand-restored stone buildings house unique rooms, cottages, and suites, some with terraces and balconies. Surrounded by a forest of pine, cedar, and olive, suites at the stone-walled Villa Milocer offer sea and garden views.
- A range of intimate dining venues are spread across the estate, including Italian restaurant Arva, which offers spectacular ocean views. Local cheeses and honeys, freshly-caught seafood and beef from the north of Montenegro all feature on the menus of the property’s restaurants.
- A temple of wellbeing on the mainland, the 1,600 sq ft spa includes yoga and Pilates studios, a gym, hydrotherapy areas and an indoor pool. Spaces for rejuvenation are dotted across the resort, from the standalone spa to the three pools, Turkish baths and a yoga pavilion.
- Private access to Queen’s Beach, set in front of the Aman Spa and accessible via foot or boat transfer from the island.
- Explore the historic town of Budva and the UNESCO World Heritage-protected Bay of Kotor by boat or car. Inland, the former royal capital, Cetinje, and baroque city of Perast are jewels set in a rugged, snow-capped landscape.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
One of Europe’s most beautiful coastlines, the Adriatic offers new discoveries around every bend. Take a sailboat from Aman Sveti Stefan up the coast to find secluded bays for solitary swims and picturesque spots to enjoy a picnic lunch.
The Mediterranean’s largest body of fresh water, Skadar lake is home to some 280 species of bird. Just 25 kilometres from Aman Sveti Stefan, water lilies flower on the lake’s reflective surface. Fortresses, monasteries and churches line the banks, and mountains rise above.
Discover Aman Sveti Stefan, a charming seaside hideaway resort with lush grounds and stunning sea views. Explore Sveti Stefan in Montenegro with Aman. Perched on isthmus in the Adriatic Sea, Aman Sveti Stefan hotel occupies a converted 15th-century fishing village and a shoreside, turn-of-the-century royal villa. Rooms in red-tiled cottages and sea-front suites let you live like a local throughout your stay. It’s a sublime and romantic place, which will inspire fantasies about medieaval Montenegrin living. Each of the resort’s 58 dwellings is individually laid out and decorated, combining historic features with contemporary reinterpretations. A fortified village dating back to the 15th century, Aman Sveti Stefan’s Cottages are accessed via stone footpaths and staircases designed to follow the organic contours of the island. Each Room, Cottage and Suite is unique.
Pink-sand beaches, crystal-clear waters and rugged, pine-cloaked mountains form the untamed backdrop to Aman Sveti Stefan, in one of Europe’s last corners of truly wild beauty – Montenegro. Stretching across a causeway from a rustic island village to a former royal residence on the mainland, the 80-acre estate divulges charm and sophistication at every turn. Secret coves, a serene Aman Spa and a spectacular clifftop pool all play their part in this private haven, while intimate venues, scattered from shoreline to rocky precipice, offer endless inspiration for celebrations. A stroll along the shoreline, Queen’s Beach, the scallop-shaped bay considered Montenegro’s finest, is at the exclusive disposal of Aman guests.
A fortified village dating back to the 15th century, the island of Sveti Stefan is a uniquely atmospheric setting of cobbled lanes, handsome courtyards and serene sea views. Hand-restored stone buildings house the 50 Rooms, Cottages and Suites on the island, each one individually styled to showcase original details and to harmonise with the centuries of history that give the isle its inimitable charm.
Aman Sveti Stefan is divided between Sveti Stefan island and Villa Milocer on the mainland. While the island and its facilities are open seasonally from 1 May to 24 October, Villa Milocer and the Aman Spa on the mainland remain open year-round.
Sveti Stefan Island: Cobbled lanes, shaded courtyards and 600-year-old red-tiled roofs connect the meticulously restored dwellings. A fortified village dating back to the 15th century, the island of Sveti Stefan is a uniquely atmospheric setting of cobbled lanes, handsome courtyards and serene sea views. The hand-restored stone buildings house the 51 Rooms, Cottages and Suites on the island, each one individually styled to showcase original details and to harmonise with the centuries of history that give the isle its inimitable charm
Villa Milocer: The 19th century Villa Milocer is surrounded by some 800 olive trees and ancient forests of pine and cedar. Once the summer residence of Queen Marija Karadjordjevic, Villa Milocer overlooks the Adriatic Sea from its position on the mainland, and is embraced on three sides by dense forests of cedar, pine and olive trees. The stone-walled manse is home to elegant Suites as well as the airy communal Living Room, expansive Meeting Room and book-filled Library.
Sveti Stefan Suite
Designed over two floors, the Sveti Stefan Suite offers a private swimming pool and breathtaking sea views from a tranquil terrace, as well as spacious interiors spread over 165 square metres (1,776 square feet).
Offering 155 square metres (1,668 square feet) of living space over two levels, the two-bedroom Adriatic Suite can be combined with an interconnecting Cottage to cater for groups. Three private terraces have superb views of the Adriatic Sea.
Two Bedroom Deluxe Cottage
The 130m2 (1077 sq.ft) Two Bedroom Deluxe Cottage combines original island features with contemporary comfort, including two bedrooms filled with original design features.
Varying in size from 45–90 square metres (484–968 square feett), Cottages are designed in the character of authentic Montenegrin fishermen’s homes.
The 110 square metre (1,184 square feet) one-bedroom Grand Cottage is a uniquely private space on Sveti Stefan Island, offering a generously-proportioned bedroom, separate living area and large bathroom.
Local ingredients fill the menus at Aman Sveti Stefan’s varied dining venues, from the Aman Restaurant to the convivial Piazza and intimate Dining Room at Villa Milocer. Organic vegetables and fruits are accompanied by sea bass, octopus and rock oysters direct from the Adriatic and pasture-fed beef from the north of Montenegro, as well as a variety of local cheeses, honeys and jams, olive oils and herbs. From October to May, the Island and its facilities are closed, but Villa Milocer remains open. Aman Sveti Stefan’s chef travels to markets and producers across the country in search of the best ingredients and can share the story behind every item.
The open-air piazza is the heart of the island’s village setting, with dining venues including an enoteca, taverna and antipasti bar. Sample local vintages on the sea-facing terraces of the Enoteca or enjoy preprandials at the convivial Antipasti Bar accompanied by local delicacies.
AMSS The island Piazza
Sample local vintages on the sea-facing terraces of the Enoteca or enjoy preprandials at the convivial Antipasti Bar accompanied by local delicacies.
The Vranac Reserve red wine and fiery rakia spirit are two favourites – the latter goes into the resort’s signature cocktail, along with elderflower extract, grenadine and vanilla.
Spaces for rejuvenation are dotted across the resort, from the standalone spa to the three pools, Turkish baths and a yoga pavilion.
A short drive or sail from Aman Sveti Stefan, Budva’s winding alleys and grand squares transport visitors back through the centuries. A land of rugged snow-capped mountains, ancient forests and pristine lakes, Montenegro’s meandering coast is home to a series of ancient towns and natural wonders. Just north of Aman Sveti Stefan, the town of Budva is two millennia old. Farther up the coast Kotor, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, combines some of the region’s best-preserved architecture with exceptional beauty.
A temple to wellbeing on the mainland’s 32-hectare estate, the spa draws from Montenegro’s more than 650 recognised medical species of herbs and a centuries-old tradition of wild harvesting. Treatments in the nearly 1,600-square-metre spa – which also includes a gym and studios for Pilates and yoga – follow a holistic, personalised approach, incorporating movement, relaxation, therapies and nutrition.
Joining the property’s two pools, the spa’s three hydrotherapy suites include steam rooms, saunas and plunge pools. Cleansing and awakening to the senses, scrubs, wraps and baths in the hydrotherapy suites offer full relaxation incorporating the healing power of water.
The spa specialises in creating personalised journeys that rebalance body, mind and spirit. Integrating spa treatments along with movement exercises to build flexibility, strength and endurance, your personalised programme will improve body awareness and movement.