- El Fenn, a stylish luxury boutique resort in the heart of the Marrakech medina, co-owned by the Branson family, consists of 7 former city palaces which have been turned into individually designed suites. Furthermore El Fenn is the home base of the Marrakech Biennale, the largest cultural festival in Morocco.
- This luxe hideaway is probably the most instagrammed hotel in Marrakech and a firm favorite of celebrities.
- The hotel offers 28 rooms and combines the charm of riad living with an impressive array of facilities: a 50 cover restaurant, 3 pools, a spa, yoga lawn and a shop showcasing cutting edge Moroccan brands.
- El Fenn’s sprawling complex of 5 connected Riads delight with photogenic vistas of colonnaded balconies, sun-dappled patios and striking Moroccan art. Take time to explore and you’ll find hidden courtyards, glistening plunge pools, plush velvet sofas, and thoughtful design details around every corner.
- The 28 rooms vary in size and character. Rooms range through 8 categories from medium doubles to spacious rooms with plunge pools, and 2 – 3 bedroom suites. Each is decorated with jewel-coloured tadelakt walls, vintage furnishings, fireplaces and unique artworks.
- El Fenn is one of the few hotels inside the medina to have a pool; in fact, there are 3, including a plunge pool on the roof. There’s also a spa which offers all the usual treatments like massages, facials and mani/pedis as well as hammam.
- Sip sundowners on the romantic rooftop, which is probably the best in Marrakech; with hessian canopies, wicker lanterns, colourful striped cushions, plunge pools and views of the Koutoubia mosque and the Atlas Mountains.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
For the ultimate epicurean delight, we can deliver the secrets of popular Moroccan cuisine with private cooking classes.
One of the first Riads to be converted to a luxe boutique hotel, El Fenn is the expression of its owners’ unique design sensibility. This uber stylish Riad is more like a designer private home than a hotel, with 28 colorful rooms opening off a series of 5 courtyards. Every room has its own color palette (think pink, turquoise, and others); refurbished by local craftsmen using traditional techniques, and furnished with a unique mix of old and new pieces and seriously fabulous artworks by international and Moroccan artists. Rooms come in different sizes, some even with their own plunge pool. The vibe is free-spirited, and there are no room keys (safes are provided so you can lock away your valuables), or TVs in the rooms; although there is Wi-Fi.
The many courtyards give the hotel an open, airy feel, but to really discover the magic of El Fenn you need to go up to the rooftop terrace for yoga or cocktails, and to enjoy the rooftop pool with amazing views of the Medina & Atlas Mountains. There are also two other marble lined pools in the hotel, for lap swimming lounging an updating your Instagram feed. One of these courtyards is home to the resort’s spa & hammam, which promises authentic traditional beauty rituals. The spa uses products created by Les Sens de Marrakech, with Argan oil as the star ingredient and provides a luxurious and relaxing spa experience that will leave you feeling refreshed and energized. There are 3 restaurants serving food made with locally-sourced produce and organic vegetables from their own garden. El Fenn is located beside Bab El Ksour on the edge of Marrakech’s Medina, with many local attractions an easy walk away.
- 28 rooms and suites, ranging in size from small to extra large
- Three private houses (2 bedrooms, 3 bedrooms and 5 bedrooms)
Small Annex Rooms
Our small annex rooms are located in our annex riad, less than a minute from the main hotel. It oozes El Fenn’s signature style: calming, colourful and big on details like one-off pieces of furniture, vintage Capiz chandeliers, statement rugs and hand-stitched camel leather floors. The emerald tiled courtyard now has a private splash pool and indoor-outdoor lounge making it perfect for an intimate weekend house party.
Medium Annex Rooms
Our medium annex room is located in our annex riad, less than a minute from the main hotel. It oozes El Fenn’s signature style: calming, colourful and big on details like one-off pieces of furniture, vintage Capiz chandeliers, statement rugs and hand-stitched camel leather floors. The emerald tiled courtyard now has a private splash pool and indoor-outdoor lounge making it perfect for an intimate weekend house party.
Medium Rooms - 43 sqm
Medium Rooms are either with an oversized bathroom or an outside seating area to enjoy. One has a hot pink tadelakt bathroom and the bed in another has been created by local artisans and is backed by a huge Venetian mirror.
Large Rooms - 50 sqm
Some of the Large Rooms have an open wood fireplace, others boast a hand-carved cedar ceiling or leather-lined walls and all have a seating area. You might step onto a hand-stitched camel leather floor or look up to see artisan-crafted plasterwork.
Extra Large Rooms - 60 sqm
Each is individually styled – one has copper, brass and stainless steel inlaid into the polished floor, another boasts 23 carat gold leafing and then there’s the free standing roll top silver bath for two. At around 650ft2 (60m2), our rooms all have a lounge area, fireplace and a huge bathroom complete with monsoon shower and bath.
Plunge Pool Rooms - 65 sqm
Two different styles – one so romantic the Sunday Times’ voted it one of its top ten sexiest hotel rooms, the other with a New York mezzanine loft feel. Both are around 700ft2 (65m2) and come with a private terrace, plunge pool, kilim-covered beds, hand-stitched camel leather floors and sun loungers.
Family Suite Two Bedrooms - 75 sqm
These two-bedroom suites are perfect for families or friends travelling together. With spacious master bedrooms plus a smaller twin bedroom. Decorated with traditional tadelakt and furnished with twentieth-century classics, they’re El Fenn rooms with a twist.
Family Suite Three Bedrooms - 90 sqm
These three-bedroom suites are perfect for families or friends travelling together. With 3 spacious bedrooms they have a private roof terrace, central TV room and an open fireplaces. One boasts a sitting room and bedrooms with en suite shower rooms. The other has a free-standing roll top bath and seating area in the master bedroom plus a spacious bathroom with five-foot rain shower. Decorated with traditional tadelakt and furnished with twentieth-century classics, they’re El Fenn rooms with a twist.
- Three restaurants serving food made with locally-sourced produce and organic vegetables from their own garden
- The Roof Terrace: serves breakfast, Moroccan set menu lunch, dinner
- The El Fenn Cocktail Bar & Restaurant: cocktails, drinks, and a menu featuring the best of European and Moroccan cuisine
- Main courtyard: morning and afternoon tea
Restaurant & Bar
We’re passionate about food and service here at El Fenn. That’s why our menus offer the best of traditional Moroccan food as well as more European dishes. You can order food anytime from morning until night, anywhere from the roof terrace and restaurant to your room. Or drop by the El Fenn bar for a cocktail by the pool.
The Roof Terrace
Here you can enjoy a breakfast of breads, pastries, fruit and eggs complete with sunshine and a view of the Atlas Mountains. By noon, we’ve chalked up the day’s set Moroccan lunch menu which changes according to what’s in season or you can pick a dish from our light menu that runs until 6pm. On warmer evenings, dinner is served under the stars.
The day starts at El Fenn with a cafetière of coffee and pot of tea left outside your room. Later on in the afternoon, enjoy a refreshing glass of mint tea and plate of homemade patisserie when tea is served at 4pm in the main courtyard.
We’re one of the few riads in the medina with a swimming pool. In fact, we’ve got two lined in carrara marble plus a rooftop plunge pool with views of the Koutoubia mosque. Relax on a day bed in the Berber tent on the rooftop or take a dip in the plunge pool before enjoying in the best views in town – a panorama of the Atlas mountains and Marrakech’s beautiful mosque, the Koutoubia. At dusk the city lights up and glows before you and then the moon rises.
Elsewhere the lush gardens of the courtyards also attract a mass of songbirds and offer plentiful privacy. Or you can curl up to read in our library, enjoy a glass of wine by one of our open log fires or watch a DVD in our private cinema room. You won’t find phones or televisions in the rooms at El Fenn. Instead we’ll do all we can to help you relax and provide a tranquil base from which to explore the city. Tea and coffee is left outside your room as you wake and afternoon tea is served each day in the main courtyard. Other than that, the rest of the day is yours to enjoy.
Traditional beauty rituals are given a luxurious twist in the El Fenn spa. Relax by candlelight before being given a black soap scrub and a ghassoul clay body mask in our hammam – or hot room. Then enjoy an indulgent body massage in one of our treatment rooms before being served mint tea by the spa pool. Or have an OPI manicure followed by a facial using products based on Argan oil. This super oil is found only in Morocco and harvested exclusively by women in small co-operatives. Rich in Vitamin E and linoleic acid it is known for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties. The products in the El Fenn spa have all been created by Botanika and contain natural ingredients ranging from rose water to ghassoul clay. There’s also a choice of Argan-based massage oils including the essences of rose, amber, jasmine and verveine.
Activities include: Yoga, pilates, cycling tours, private tours to markets, cultural and historic sites, hiking in the Atlas Mountains.
The spa uses products created by Botanika, with Argan oil as the star ingredient. Found only in Morocco, Argan oil is harvested by women in small co-operatives and is known for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties; combined with other natural ingredients such as rose water and ghassoul clay, it creates a luxurious and relaxing spa experience that will leave you feeling refreshed and energized. Spa facilities include:
- El Fenn spa & hammam
- Treatment rooms with open fires
- Manicure, pedicure, massages, facial treatments
The new store, which doubles as a restaurant and bar, stocks a wonderful range of vintage-style clothes from new designers, many with a Moroccan vibe and an urban twist. Also on offer are vintage bags, accessories, beautiful jewellery, coffee table books, perfumes, and home accessories from the finest bed linens to the best of Fez pottery.
Co-curating the store’s collection is El Fenn’s general manager Willem Smith and one of the biggest names in model making and fashion, ex-Ford Models, Paul Rowland. Navigating and discovering gems in the vast network of souks can be quite a challenge and the new store fills a much-needed retail gap for the discerning shopper. Welcoming day shoppers and hotel guests alike, El Fenn’s shopping experience will do so much more than remove the need for haggling in the souks.
The former lofty restaurant and theatre have been transformed into a roomy retail space which has direct access on to the street via an elegant art deco glass entrance, and enhanced by two dramatic staircases leading to the first floor. The interior of the new store has a classic English Old School vibe, complete with vintage-style lampshades, and there is still space for 35 diners and more drinkers to prop up the bar. Adorning the walls currently are works from Marrakech-based Galerie 127.