- Dar Ahlam is a tranquil exotic retreat in a restored 19th-century Kasbah in a remote Sahara desert oasis – 4 hours drive from Marrakech, set in the Sultan’s former hunting grounds. Member of The Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
- The Kasbah building has 14 rooms, some inside the seductively dark and warren-like main building; others, with terraces, sit outside in the gardens.
- The Kasbah has 1.5 hectares of gardens planted with date palms, olive trees, fig trees, aromatic herbs and a kitchen garden. It offers a various range of places where you can have outdoor meals or picnics.
- Indulge in a massage under the olive trees or head off for refreshments by the river. Spend a balmy evening atop the Kasbah, aperitif in hand, before feasting on a freshly prepared supper under the vast sky.
- Dar Ahlam also has a superb desert camp which offers an authentic Moroccan desert experience. Spend a night under the stars in your own luxury tent, with en-suite bathroom, living room and private terrace. Have a picnic in the wilderness by a riverbank in a gorge.
- Activities abound: 4X4 excursions to the stunning Valley of the Roses; or take a hike, bike, donkey, camel, horse, quad bike or motorbike. For a peaceful day nearer to home, take a cooking class, a stroll with a picnic in the surrounding area or simply enjoy the pool, treatments and hammam.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Cooking classes, bike riding, guided hikes around the palm grove and valleys, to Berber villages for a traditional tea ceremony, camel riding and horseback riding. 4X4 excursions to the Dades or Draa valleys or the stunning Valley of the Roses and Quad biking to nearby gorges, fortified villages and souks.
Dar Ahlam is a restored 19th Century Kasbah as well as a luxury desert camp in a palm grove in Morocco, 4 hours drive from Marrakech. Secluded by palm groves and almond trees at the edge of the Moroccan desert, this two hundred year old rammed earth Kasbah the color of Champagne is our original “maison des rêves”. Gracefully restored, this 14 room hideaway overlooks the Atlas Mountains, with a palm shaded swimming pool, hammam and candle-lit massage room. With superb food and accommodation, Dar Ahlam is the perfect exotic retreat. Dar Ahlam, or the ‘house of dreams’, is located in the Ouarzazate desert region, perched between the old trade town of Skoura and the Atlas Mountains in what was a Sultan’s private hunting ground.
Surrounded by almond trees, olive groves, dates and roses, Dar Ahlam’s lush gardens are a luxury oasis. Inside there are 13 suites, with a private villa in the grounds, all luxuriously furnished, blending Moroccan chic with French influences. Decorated with rich Moroccan colours and filled with individual artefacts and antiques, each suite is unique. Each meal is customized and served privately in a different location, inside the Kasbah or outside in the two hectares of gardens, so guests never have to repeat the same experience. Yet Dar Ahlam is not so much a hotel as a team of over 100 people dedicated entirely to you. Days at Dar Ahlam take shape around completely personalized adventures with your dedicated guide. Trek into the Valley of Roses, explore the palmeraie and drive to the hilltop vestiges of a Berber village for a traditional tea ceremony at dusk.
- 9 junior suites, surface of 35/40m² each, they all have heating, air-conditioning, a fireplace, individually decorated.
- 4 superior suites: surface of 80m² with heating and air conditioning, private terrace. Each has its one style and décor.
- Number of 1 villa of 150m2, built around a patio. The villa has heating, air-conditioning, a main bedroom with a fireplace, one bathroom with shower and bathtub, a second smaller bathroom with a shower, a living-room with a fireplace. It has an exclusive terrace with a plunge pool. It is possible to create a second bedroom in a part of the living-room.
- Total of 14 keys
There is no main restaurant; meals are taken beside the inviting outdoor pool, on a roof terrace or in one of several candlelit kasbah chambers. Picnics are arranged in the gardens, lakeside or by the river. Meals can be customized to your preference.
- Common areas include a plush central lounge, outdoor pool and a small spa with a hammam.
- Activities include guided hikes around the palm grove and valleys, to Berber villages for a traditional tea ceremony, biking, camel riding, horseback riding and camel riding. 4X4 excursions to the Dades or Draa valleys or the stunning Valley of the Roses and Quad biking to nearby gorges, fortified villages and souks.