- La Sultana is situated in the heart of the golden triangle, at the entry of the Imperial City’s walls, just next to the Royal Palaces, to the Bahia Palace and to the famous Djemma el-Fna. Member of The Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
- Luxury and a sense of history are the hallmarks of La Sultana. This sprawling hotel consists of five riads, all of them decorated in a different style signifying various historic periods, resulting in a 28-room boutique hotel full of character.
- At the beating heart of the kasbah, La Sultana puts you just moments from the royal palaces, museums and souks of magical Marrakech. Inside, authentic Moroccan cuisine, rooms and suites with terraces, and an Argan-infused spa are standout features of this boutique retreat.
- La Sultana’s rooms and suites are all spread out between the five riads which have now been merged to form this palace-like property. Each room and suite has been meticulously decorated in an individual style creating an elegant and intimate atmosphere.
- This is a small, luxury hotel that knows how to spoil its guests, especially in the spa. From almonds to dates, prickly pears to Damask roses, the alchemist-like therapists make the most of Morocco’s natural treasures.
- There’s a Jacuzzi, two hammams and sauna here too – not to mention candlelit pools. This exotic ambiance carries through to the other spaces in and around La Sultana, especially the treasure box bedrooms. Their high vaulted ceilings, intricately carved woods, marble and copper echo the hotel’s rich heritage.
- For adventurous souls there’s horse riding or quad biking in the surrounding palm groves. When you get back to La Sultana, unwind with mint tea by the pool or mojitos on the lantern-lit terrace before dinner.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
For the ultimate epicurean delight, La Sultana delivers the secrets of popular Moroccan cuisine with Cooking classes taking place on the rooftop (every morning at 10h30am). Classes start in the Spices & Pots room showing guests the mint tea ritual, before preparing and cooking their meal under the guidance of the Chef. Classes end at La Table du Souk to enjoy your own Tagine with the full recipe to bring back home.
The luxury La Sultana is a delightful riad in the very heart of old Marrakech. The hotel is intimate yet spacious and each room has been individually decorated with a quirky blend of traditional and modern styles. Once you enter through the front door of La Sultana, the noise from the hustle and bustle of the medina disappears. Five riads have been combined to create this luxury boutique hotel, with its extraordinary rooms and panoramic views from the expansive roof terraces over the Royal Palaces. There are 28 sophisticated rooms and suites that spread out across the property and each has been styled with a different theme in mind, such as the safari room with its animal print furnishings and African touches. Whichever room you have you are sure to feel pampered beyond belief – the attention to detail the hotel puts into ensuring the comfort of its guests is second to none.
Dinner is often served around the pool area and softly lit by candlelight, which can make for a very romantic evening. A magnificent rooftop terrace overlooks the ancient Tombs of the Saadian Kings and out across to the beautiful Atlas Mountains in the distance. You can enjoy breakfast or lunch here and watch the sun rise as the city of Marrakech comes alive. If you are looking to be pampered after a long day haggling in the souk, then a traditional hammam treatment at La Sultana spa will have you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated in no time. They have a fairly large swimming pool if you wanted to do some lengths and the spa offers a wide range of treatments; anything from hydrotherapy to aromatherapy.
There are 28 rooms ranging through six categories, from large Prestige Deluxe double rooms to the huge Exclusive Suite, which comes with a private salon, his n’ hers bathrooms and a private terrace. They are all configured and decorated differently with bold colours, lots of decorative detailing and rich, textured fabrics. Generous swagged curtains shade stained-glass windows, walls come in crimson and aubergine colours and huge brass lanterns cast dizzying shadows across comfortable king-sized beds. Enter the bathroom and you find yourself in a mini Roman temple complete with arched ceilings, columns and high-sheen marble finishes and brass basins. There’s substance behind the style, too, including soundproofing in the walls, cosy fireplaces, free non-alcoholic minibars, satellite televisions, iPod docks and DVD players.
The Prestige Room is located either in the Saadia Riad, the saba Riad, the pool Riad or the Scherazade Riad. There is a a king size bed, fireplace and marble bathroom wit separate shower and bathtub.
Junior Suites are between 40 and 45 square metres / 430 – 484 square feet and share the Moroccan style. In these rooms it is possible to add an extra bed. Junior Suites also benefit from a personal host.
Suites at La Sultana Marrakech range from 45-60 square metres / 484 – 645 square feet and feature a bathroom with bathtub and shower, king-size bed, fireplace, antique furniture, paintings and collections of works of art. An extra bed can be added. Suites also benefit from a personal host.
Deluxe Suites range from 60 – 75 square metres / 645 – 807 square feet and feature a bathroom with bathtub and shower, king-size bed, fireplace, antique furniture, paintings and collections of works of art as well as their own private balcony. Two extra beds can be accommodated in some suites. Deluxe suites benefit from a personal host.
The Exclusive suite measures over 100 square metres / 1076 square feet, formed of a bedroom with a separate living room, two bathrooms and a private terrace overlooking the Bahia Palace. The Exclusive Suite can accommodate two additional beds.
This is what it means to be spoiled for choice. Do you dine in the lantern-lit courtyard, or up on the terrace overlooking the Saadian Tombs? Should you opt for the French menu or the Moroccan Discovery menu? Would you prefer the house-made duck foie gras, or the Moroccan bastilla (pigeon pie layered in filo pastry) so light it could blow away. For lunch, a light Mediterranean menu is served at tables on the roof terrace, and there’s also the option of joining one of the house cookery classes, hosted at professional cooking stations beneath a gazebo on the roof. Breakfast in the brick-lined Almohad patio is a genteel affair with a handsome buffet of fruit, pastries, breads, cheese and charcuterie, followed by à la carte options of Berber omelettes and eggs any style.
La Table du Souk
Located on the rooftop Bahia, La Table du Souk offers a great view on the historical monuments and Moulay El Yazid Mosque with traditional design of green tiles & zellige furniture. For lunch, La Sultana offers two cuisine types both focusing on freshness and simplicity. On the menu From the Market, we share the taste of heritage Moroccan products like the Saffron from Taliouine, some salt from Zerradoune, cumin from Alnif and Argan from Souss in the market menu. As part of our philosophy of “Terroir Cuisine”, we showcase the best ingredients Morocco produce with “100% Botanical” options and local & ethically-sourced meat & fish. Our cuisine is inspired by our network of small local producers to follow their harvest time and incorporates wholesome & fresh vegetables purchased locally or handpicked from La Sultana Oualidia’s own organic garden.
La Table de La Sultana
La Sultana offers contemporary and innovative cuisine to celebrate culinary journeys around two seasonal menus: French inspirations & fine Moroccan cuisine. As part as La Sultana’s philosophy of “Terroir Cuisine”, we showcase the best ingredients Morocco produce with “100% Botanical” options and local & ethically-sourced meat & fish. Our cuisine is inspired by our network of small local producers to follow their harvest time and incorporates wholesome & fresh vegetables purchased locally or handpicked from La Sultana Oualidia’s own organic garden. Additionally we share the taste of heritage Moroccan products like the Saffron from Taliouine, some salt from Zerradoune, cumin from Alnif and Argan from Souss.
Doing this is harder than it looks when there is such an array of facilities to manage: a full-service restaurant, both downstairs around the pool and upstairs on the terrace, a cookery school, a gym, a solarium with sun beds and service, and an award winning, pink-hued spa with bathing pools set amid a colonnaded hammam which conjures visions of Cleopatra at bath time.
They have a fairly large swimming pool if you wanted to do some lengths and the spa offers a wide range of treatments; anything from hydrotherapy to aromatherapy.
A bath tradition magnified by the creation of recreation and well-being spaces, the Sultana Spa offers: two superb hammams, a Jacuzzi, sauna, beauty centre, hairdresser, massage cabins : everything for you to discover the benefits of the ancestral rites and voluptuous ceremonials.
Exercise gym with Technogym equipment: treadmill, exercise bike, cross trainer.