- This sister hotel to La Sultana Marrakech occupies a prime perch on Morocco’s wild western coast, flanked by protected birdlife and sandy surf beaches. Its five-star facilities include two pools, beautiful gardens, an extensive spa and a fine, fish-specialist restaurant. Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
- Discover a world of nature and find true escapism at La Sultana Oualidia, a remote and peaceful idyll that overlooks a lagoon littered with pink flamingos on Morocco’s Atlantic coast.
- Built in the style of a Moorish fort, the hotel has two pools, a dramatic spa and stunning cuisine with local seafood including oysters and spider crabs.
- Sheltered by cliffs and bordered by green pastureland and salt-water marshes, La Sultana Oualidia sits in a location of great ecological importance. Perfectly integrated into its environment, the hotel has beautiful views of grass-roofed cabanas, the turquoise swimming pool and the shimmering blue lagoon.
- Golf enthusiasts will find Royal Golf Club of El Jadida a superb 18-hole course. Take a boat trip around the shallow waters of the lagoon or simply laze by La Sultana’s infinity pool until dinner.
- All of La Sultana Oualidia’s 11 Rooms and Suites are beautifully designed to be tranquil havens – marble and wooden floors, traditional tadelakt and stone walls, marble bathrooms and oleander ceilings all add to the sense of natural serenity.
- Whether dining in the Lagoon Dining Room, Mast Restaurant or at a private location of your choice, the specialities such as Sea-Perch cooked in salted crust, lobster and oysters are all fresh and delicious.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Raise your awareness of this ecosystem and kayak up the lagoon to encounter many bird species with the help of a guide and enjoy a light lunch at the salt marshes.
A trip out to the oyster farms ending to an amazing spot for a private pique nique and when back to the property drinks & Appetizers for 2 at The O Bar.
Since the early 90s, a surf school is based all year in Oualidia and hotel guests are picked up from the hotel jetty. Listed in « The World’s Best Hotel for Surfing Holidays » by The Telegraph that covers renowned places as far away as Australia, La Sultana Oualidia is a exceptional place to learn the take off in safe and easy conditions, ideal for beginners and children (from 6 years old).
Morocco’s coastline is renowned as one of the richest fish areas of the Atlantic Ocean and the setting of Oualidia’s lagoon offers diverse fishing types from the beach (surfcasting), the cliff or from a small boat.
The lagoon in front is ideal for all level of stand-up paddlers with easy rides down the lagoon and advanced spot at wave point break near ocean entrance.
Free ride on endless beach and stunning country side, trails lead either to the beach “Les Tomates” passing through Oualidia’s village or further down the lagoon to reach the land in between the lagoon and the Atlantic Ocean.
The Natural Moroccan Detox makes the most of our local super ingredients and focus on the benefits of a gentle sport practice (Yoga & Pilates) with deep relaxation at the Spa.
The weekly local market is a popular event that gathers many inhabitants. Some visitors make the journey by donkey or donkey carriage from small villages 50km around Oualidia.
The boutique La Sultana Hotel in Oualidia boasts a stunning location next to the mesmerising nature reserve lagoon. It offers the perfect solution for those seeking a quiet break on the Moroccan coast or a myriad of water-sports for thrill-seekers. Located in an isolated position overlooking Oualidia’s lagoon, La Sultana has a lavish Arabian Nights feel, with glorious gardens containing palm trees, cacti and a plethora of colourful flowers and plants blending into the lagoon and ocean beyond. The lagoon is home to a variety of bird life like egrets, herons and flamingos. The overall scenery is pretty breathtaking. The 11 rooms and suites have been purposely created and designed using natural materials from the surrounding areas showcasing local craftsmanship in a modern and chic style, giving each room a luxurious and elegant feel.
With dressed sandstone ceilings, zellige flooring and honey-coloured walls, it blends modern comforts with local Moroccan undertones. Each room has its own terrace and outdoor Jacuzzi. The Apartment Suite located on the top floor of the property offers the most stunning views of the lagoon while the Treehouse Suite, nestled in a tree facing the lagoon will appeal to those after a unique experience. Naturally comforts such as internet access, plasma-screen TVs, soundproofing and a mini bar with free soft drinks are all included. One of the highlights has got to be the central, infinity edged swimming pool that sits next to Romanesque limestone columns, a Jacuzzi on one side and a salon bar on the other. There is also a pool down by the private beach, and another in the spa.
Even the most affordable Prestige Deluxe rooms come with a small salon area, wood-burning fireplace, big bed, bigger marble bathrooms and a large terrace with hot tub. The only gripe is the lack of decent coffee machines. Throwing in bathtubs and much more space, suites are worth stumping up for. King of the casbah is a top-floor apartment, its two terraces adorned with mock cannons, while a newer treehouse is petite but deeply romantic.
The spacious panorama suites offer 50 square metres / 538 square feet of space with a private terrace with a Jacuzzi bath and sunloungers offering views of the surrounding countryside and garden.
The spacious lagoon suites offer 55 square metres / 592 square feet of space with a private terrace with a Jacuzzi bath and sun loungers offering stunning views of the lagoon
The Ocean suites offer 75 square metres / 807 square feet of space with a private terrace with a Jacuzzi bath and sun loungers offering stunning views of the lagoon. There is a also separate lounge and additional toilet.
Nestled in a tree facing the lagoon suspended up in the trees the playful treehouse has lovely panoramic views of the lagoon for a unique stay.
The Panorama room features 30 square metres / 323 square feet of space and a private terrace with a Jacuzzi bath and sun loungers with views over the countryside and garden.
Breakfast is taken in a small pavilion, with the homemade vanilla yoghurt recommended. Just outside is a lunch bar, and below that a jetty on which local oysters are served. Drinks are available back on the terrace, and best relished as the orange sun suddenly plunges to sea. That’s the cue to move inside to an aquarium-walled dining room whose inventive fresh-fish dishes thrill – try the crab meat and pureed avocado.
La Table de la Plage
With unrivalled fresh produce from sea and land, La Sultana Oualidia offers a wide choice of dishes – a feast for the eyes and taste-buds. Specialities include the Sea-Perch cooked in a salt crust, Lobster, Oysters, Bouillabaisse and Grilled Meat. For best flavours, most vegetables are grown locally chemical-free in the hotel vegetable garden.
La Table de La Sultana
La Sultana offers contemporary and innovative cuisine to celebrate culinary journeys around two seasonal menus: French inspirations & fine Moroccan cuisine. As part as La Sultana’s philosophy of “Terroir Cuisine”, we showcase the best ingredients Morocco produce with “100% Botanical” options and local & ethically-sourced meat & fish. Our cuisine is inspired by our network of small local producers to follow their harvest time and incorporates wholesome & fresh vegetables purchased locally or handpicked from La Sultana Oualidia’s own organic garden. Additionally we share the taste of heritage Moroccan products like the Saffron from Taliouine, some salt from Zerradoune, cumin from Alnif and Argan from Souss.
The O bar
The O Bar is open only for resident guests.
The spa includes a hair salon, hammam, five treatment cabins and a heated pool. A bigger, fresh-water infinity pool awaits outside, facing the salty lagoon, plus a greenhouse and small gym. Below is the deserted sandy beach – and further on a fish pond and rose-swathed, daybed-dappled garden. A pool table beckons back inside.
La Sultana Oualidia has a 40m outdoor pool overlooking the water with five Jacuzzis surrounding it.
There is nothing more natural than to offer Moroccan products, for their exceptional properties are famous all around the world. Imbued with ancestral traditions, they convey, above all, a life of simplicity and authenticity much sought after by globe-trotters. La Sultana selected a range of natural aromatherapy and cosmetic products from the Nectarome laboratory which has for many years used the best Moroccan organic plants and essential oils. The rose, the emblem of love, honey, a generous gift from nature, almond, the hospitality gift, the shines and golds of lemon, cumin, strong and sensual, orange flower, sweet and magical, olives, the base of black soap, Henna, skin and hair friendly, Argan, exclusive of Morocco, an oil of divine powers, prickly pear or even dates, Rhassoul, Morocco’s Heavenly clay, all natural products with a thousand and one virtues for an eternal beauty.