- Defined by the pristine location in a coastal wilderness, an exclusive “barefoot luxury” beach camp with just 11 unique canvas and timber suites. Mozambique’s true Bush & Beach destination located in the Maputo Special Reserve.
- A safari style camp on a pristine beach inside a picturesque national park for just 18 guests to enjoy. The guestrooms, called Casinhas are nestled in the canopy of the coastal forest just a few steps away from the secluded white sand beach.
- The perfect place to get in touch with nature and experience its power and beauty. As the sun sets join us for a pre-dinner drink before settling in to enjoy an excellent meal prepared by our chef who takes advantage of the fresh seafood and produce from local communities to prepare world class cuisine with a Mozambican flair.
- A truly responsible tourist destination. The resort is owned by the local community and operated by a trust established for the community’s benefit.
- Lots of activities for adventurers on the beach in the surf at sea or in the park. After breakfast meet our marine guides and get set for an Ocean Safari adventure where you could get to swim with wild dolphins, view migrating humpback whales or snorkel over pristine coral reefs.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
If you have previous diving experience then you can enjoy a fantastic excursion to the Bazaruto Archipelago, accompanied by the lodge guide. Those with limited to no diving experience can enjoy a guided introduction to a whole new world of mystery, wonder and beauty!
Dives sites vary according to experience and requests.
Additional costs apply.
Snorkelling is ideal for those who do not wish to do a scuba diving accreditation but who want to confidently explore the shallower coral reefs, situated off Benguerra Island, with the help of a snorkel. A guided snorkelling course is also available at an additional cost, offered by andBeyond’s Benguerra Island specialist dive masters, and covers safety procedures, equipment, currents and suggested snorkelling spots.
Spend an afternoon indulging on a mouth-watering “Cast-Away” picnic and explore the highest dune in the Bazaruto Archipelago. You will have the opportunity to simply put your feet up and enjoy the breathtaking, 360 degree views of South Point – bring your camera along for excellent photographic opportunities and keep a look out for frolicking dolphins at play.
The Bazaruto Archipelago is a world-renowned fishing destination. The shallow flats between the islands and the mainland provide an excellent breeding ground for baitfish, which in turn provides sustenance for the numerous species of abundant game fish in the Archipelago. You can enjoy an assortment of fishing options on this (2-hour, half day or full day) adventure. These include light tackle fishing in the bay, fly-fishing in the open ocean or even targeting the oceans kingpin, the marlin. Hop aboard a versatile fishing boat, equipped with fishing tackle and safety equipment, and enjoy a fishing adventure unlike any other with your professional guide. The lodge and the fishing grounds are situated in a National Park – bottom fishing is not allowed and catch-and-release of all species is encouraged.
Additional costs apply.
Experience Mozambique from above. Hop aboard a helicopter and fly along the coastline of Benguerra Island and marvel at the crystal clear water and pristine white beaches with a bird’s eye view.
Additional costs apply.
Hop aboard a traditional dhow (a wooden sailing vessel owned by one of the local people of the island and mostly used for fishing). A friendly fisherman will fetch you from your Casita or Cabana in the late afternoon, where you will board his dhow for an unforgettable cruise around the bay.
The adventure can be tailored according to your requirements and varies from a 30 minute trip to the school or 2 hours around the Island. The journey will take you past the lakes and dunes on the northern side of the island, past the school, the church and through the village so you can interact with some of the local people and find out more about the community projects that are run on the island.
Horseback riding is the perfect activity to take in the exceptional beauty of Benguerra Island.
Enjoy a different perspective of this piece of paradise, at a pace that is comfortable for you. Nine horses and a dedicated guide, based at Benguerra Lodge, are on hand to introduce you to fantastic trails (suitable for all riding levels from first time to experienced riders).
Additional costs apply.
Hunted by humans for thousands of years, the endangered dugong is a rare marine mammal related to the manatee. The protected waters surrounding &Beyond Benguerra Island have become a haven for this semi-nomadic animal, which means the conservation of this sensitive habitat has become one of the critical projects for &Beyond’s Ocean Without Borders initiative. Fishing nets and community fishing have been identified as the single greatest threat to the dugong. Working in conjunction with Africa Foundation (&Beyond’s community development partner) and the island’s local community, the Benguerra conservation team have embarked on a strategy to establish alternative food sources and livelihoods to reduce the community’s dependency on the ocean’s resources. Vegetable gardens have already been planted to solve some of these issues, and the teams are actively researching alternative protein sources for the island’s inhabitants.
Anvil Bay is a private and exclusive barefoot beach camp on a rare untouched stretch of coastal wilderness in Mozambique’s Maputo Special Nature Reserve. Created with the smallest possible footprint to preserve the wilderness and special sense of place the camp is set up on the beach under canvas and thatch. Just 10 Casinhas are nestled in the dune forest on stilted wooden decks each with its own stretch of beachfront. On a rare unspoiled stretch of beach guests get to experience life close to nature but with all the comforts of home. The perfect beach holiday to just relax and recover from a strenuous overland safari. Or go on new adventures at sea on the beach or exploring the lakes forests and savannas of the park. Sunrises over the ocean and sunsets across the Parks pristine lakes and vast savannas. Evenings under the stars around a campfire. Miles of untouched beaches and an ocean teeming with marine life to explore.
Anvil Bay is a dream destination for nature lovers in search of the perfect get away from it all wilderness beach experience. To give our guests the best experience of life on a beach and preserve the raw natural beauty of this pristine piece of paradise we have built as little as possible at Anvil Bay. Canvas tents provide shade on the beach and a thatched retreat in the forest shelter from occasional storms. The beach bar lounge and restaurant are centrally positioned on the bay with the accommodations either side so guests can book to be close to the action or enjoy even more isolation on the north and south ends.