- Located on a dream beach in the Pemba area, one of the most untouched in Mozambique. A vacation at Mequfi Beach, which is affiliated with the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World, combines maximum privacy and relaxation with the opportunity to experience the emotions of excursions to discover the treasures of the area and of water sports like the adrenaline inducing kite surfing.
- The 50 rooms, 40 deluxe rooms and 10 suites, are set out in beach bungalows and are spacious and bright, decorated in a contemporary style with local details and materials, equipped with all the comforts and with a private terrace offering stunning ocean views.
- At the centre of the Resort, is a saltwater swimming pool with sun beds for relaxing on and a bar that remains open until late so that one can enjoy the magic of the African nights
- One of the most important aspects of Mequfi Beach is its’ cuisine, which is able to satisfy even the most discerning palates, with 3 different restaurants available for guests.
- Excursions include a safari in the famous Gorongosa National Park among the lions, elephants and giraffes, or an excursion in the Quirimbas Archipelago, with its coastal forest, coral reefs and sea turtles.
- An exclusive and as yet unspoilt destination, with some of the world’s most beautiful beaches which extend for long distances, contrasting with the blue of the Indian Ocean. Ideal for diving and whale, shark and nature watching. The famous Ngrongosa Park is a must for Safari enthusiasts.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The Pemba region offers a wide range of sport and leisure activities. Local companies offer their services and you can find out all you need to know at the resort’s information desk. For the All Inclusive guests, the water sports activities and equipment are free of charge (depending on availability with mandatory booking), except the rental of the kite surf equipment. For Half Board guests, the water sports activities and equipment are free of charge (depending on availability with mandatory booking), except the rental of the kite surf equipment, catamaran trips and windsurf.
At low tide the Mequfi coast becomes magical. Discover with us the natural wonders along the beach and the tide pools.
Mozambique is a wild land rich of spectacular landscapes. Discover all of this with us during an easy bike tour.
Just a few meters away from our beautiful beach, a river flows in the sea. Along its edges there is a wonderful mangrove forest, which can be visited thanks to a pleasant and unforgettable kayak tour.
What impresses of the village of Ngoma is how it is true. Come with us to discover a local reality, visiting the beach, the agricultural field and the village, where hundreds of smiling children will welcome and follow us. A strong emotion that you will hardly forget.
The Mozambican sea offers plenty to see. With mask, fins and snorkel our resident biologist will lead you to the discovery of a colorful, virgin and unexplored reef.
The city of Pemba offers many opportunities, such as buying clothes, visit local handicrafts or stop at a beach in front of the Bay of Pemba, where you can take pictures, a dip in the sea and during certain months of the year it is possible to see the whales.
The village of Mecufi is located a few kilometers away from our resort. This scenic tour will let you explore a real local situation, including the handicrafts market of the artisans, the huge mango tree where under its shade there is usually a fruit street market and the village.
Half day or Full day excursion, including transfer from and to Pemba and all the equipment.
Diamonds Mequfi Beach Resort is located in an area of unexplored beauty that’s just waiting to be discovered. Dotted across an unspoilt arc of amber-coloured sand, the hotel’s individual bungalows gaze out to sea. Boats wait to take guests on adventures on the ocean waves. While therapists prepare soothing spa treatments using fragrant flowers and exotic spices.This boutique beach resort lets you get back to nature, without leaving luxury behind. All-white guest rooms feature design-conscious interiors, with private verandas and showers facing the bay. There are ocean views from the pool too, where lounging the day away is sheer bliss.
To keep you cool, friendly staff will mix a chilled cocktail while you decide which of the restaurants to dine in later. Quirimbas National Park is a first port of call for most visitors – and a short trip from Diamonds Mequfi Beach Resort. But it’s impossible to come to this part of the world and not at least dip your toes in the ocean. The hotel’s shorefront spot means you needn’t go far for windsurfing, kitesurfing or paddle boarding. Head further out to deeper seas and you can try fishing and diving. Back on dry land, trips to nearby Mecufi Village or Pemba City will give you a fascinating glimpse of Mozambique life or try the hotel’s in-house horse riding.
The 40 deluxe rooms and 10 suites all feature a large terrace overlooking the Ocean with an outdoor shower. Luxurious furnishings and spacious rooms will transform your stay into an unparalleled holiday.
The resort has 40 Deluxe rooms built on the beach itself. All of the rooms are furnished in a modern style combining local materials and contemporary design. The rooms feature a private terrace overlooking the ocean and an outdoor shower. All of the rooms also have private bathrooms.
The resort has 10 suites located on the beach and comprising a separate bed room, a living room and a large terrace overlooking the sea with two open-air showers. All of the rooms are tastefully decorated in a contemporary style combining local elements and materials.
Experience our three Restaurants, each of them will offer you unique flavors and memories, offering typical dishes of the African tradition, fresh caught fishes and even pizza.
The restaurant is positioned on a raised bridge with a spectacular view of the pool and the entire resort. A lavish American-style buffet breakfast is served each morning. For lunch and dinner the restaurant offers local and international à la carte dishes.
Brisa Do Mar
Offering canapés and fresh oven-baked pizzas, the restaurant is located next to the pool.
Sea You Restaurant
Open for evening meal only and serves fish dishes in a refined and peaceful environment.
The resort has a year-round outdoor pool and views of the sea, Mvua African Rain SPA, a balanced oasis to calm the body and senses. Our guests can let themselves be pampered by the skilful hands of our experts at the wellness centre. At Diamonds Mequfi Beach guests have the option to book the area’s main sporting activities and experience them in Mozambique’s unspoilt environment of wild nature, unexplored ocean and open beaches. It is also possible to watch the spectacular whale along the Pemba coast.
At the centre of the Resort, is a saltwater swimming pool with sun beds for relaxing on.
This is the concept behind Mvua African Rain SPA, a balanced oasis to calm the body and senses. Capturing the beauty and magic of the African environment, Mvua African Rain Spa offers at the guests of Diamonds Mequfi colours and images of the African landscape in a relaxing and welcoming environment which invites them to savour a unique and precious experience.