- Luxury eco-resort set on a remote island in the Mergui Archipelago, off the coast of Myanmar. The private island boasts raw isolation and serenity, alongside nesting sea turtles and macaques. The beachside safari villas and luxury tree houses are set amid a 9,000 acre wildlife reserve surrounded by the Andaman Sea.
- This private island setting is a place of staggering natural beauty, where lush rainforest undulates towards patches of pristine private beach. Accessible from Myanmar and Thailand, the resort offers a perfect retreat at the end of a trip through either country.
- Offering barefoot luxury with an eco-friendly ethos, the Tented Beach villas and Treetop villas are sympathetically designed with superb ocean views.
- Two restaurants blend Asian and Mediterranean flavours using locally sourced and sustainable produce.
- The waters of the surrounding Lampi Marine National Park teem with coral and sea life for divers and snorkellers, while the mangroves can be explored on a paddleboard or kayak.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Snorkel and dive the archipelago’s abundant reefs and caves.
Kayak and paddle board through Wa Ale’s pristine river and mangrove forests.
Explore the exotic marine life in the Lampi Marine National Park.
With eleven luxury tents and three treetop villas, all with views over the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea, the Wa Ale eco-resort blends sympathetic design with top notch service to create a sumptuous, yet remote, island escape. Lying on one of the 800 islands that make up the Mergui Archipelago, the Wa Ale Island Resort is a luxury eco-resort that takes inspiration from the breathtaking natural beauty of its surrounds to create an unassuming yet exclusive island retreat.With just 14 tents and villas dotted throughout the jungle foliage that fringes the white sands of the beach, the resort prides itself on leaving a minimal footprint on the natural environment. Its design echoes this eco-friendly ethos, with tented beach villas and stilted treetop villas, thatched in local materials.
Nestled into the lush jungle, but with spectacular ocean views, the villas and tents mirror the beauty of the landscape, their natural materials and muted tones creating a calm, restful retreat and allowing the spellbinding beauty of the exterior to come to the fore.Despite its small size, Wa Ale boasts two dining options, with the Main Pavilion serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, while the River Cafe and Bar offers light meals and drinks, as well as special BBQ evenings.
The eleven Tented villas can accommodate up to four people, with a king-sized bed and sofa that can be converted into two single beds for children from 8-17 years. A rear deck offers uninterrupted views over the ocean, while the front deck looks into the jungle. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the wilderness as you shower in the indoor/outdoor bathroom with its private garden and luxury biodegradable amenities.
Tented Beach Villas
Wa Ale features 11 luxury state of the art tents with unobstructed ocean views and accommodates up to 4 guests. Each family sized villa has a king size canopy bed and a sofa that can convert into 2 single beds.
Relax in our unique and intimate treetop villas perched in a canopy of trees
with a private veranda. The king bed villas have an outdoor shower and can comfortably accomodate 2.
A fresh, healthy fusion of Southeast Asian Mediterranean cuisines awaits you,with a view of the Andaman Sea and the island’s tranquil river Share in our Chef’s memorable meals prepared in a wood burning oven with creative menus that change daily. Our kitchen strives to cook with fresh produce harvested from our island or local farms and serve only sustainably caught seafood from the Archipelago.
Share in our Chef’s memorable meals prepared in a wood burning oven with creative menus that change daily. Our kitchen strives to cook with fresh produce harvested from our island or local farms and serve only sustainably caught seafood from the Archipelago.
When not unwinding on the sugar-soft sands of the beach, the spa offers a number of treatments to fully relax body and mind, surrounded by the calming sounds of the jungle and the gentle lapping of the waves.
Enjoy daily yoga classes.
Enjoy a private massage in your villa.