- A luxury tented safari camp occupying a glorious spot in a remote corner of one of Earth’s last untouched wildernesses. Discerning adventure travellers will delight in a wildlife retreat that’s not short on creature comforts.
- It’s a world away from the stress of modern life and the region’s majestic landscapes, where nomadic tribes and wildlife roam, are guaranteed to bring about a fresh perspective.
- Remote and off-the-beaten-track tented camp in a magnificent setting. Overlooks the picturesque Hoanib River Valley.
- Hoanib Valley Camp is an intimate camp with only six tents including one family tent.
- This area is one of the best places to see desert adapted elephant, giraffe, lion, rhino, mountain zebra, and oryx.
- Sip a G&T on your private veranda and contemplate the stark beauty of the landscape spread out all around you.
- Learn more about the ground-breaking giraffe research that is being conducted in this remote corner of Namibia.
- Spend time with local Herero people and learn a little of their fascinating way of life in such a harsh climate.
- Embark on a guided nature walk and uncover the smaller flora and fauna of the desert.
- Phenomenal stargazing as Namibia is a Dark Sky Reserve.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Explore the rugged area on a morning and afternoon game drives learning about its remarkable flora and fauna including the giraffe research that is conducted in this area. Search for for desert-adapted giraffe, elephant, lion and rhino.
With your guide you can track the elusive desert-adapted black rhino on foot. Nature walks through the dry riverbeds and dunes.
Spend time with the local Himba and Herero people, understanding their unique cultures. In the case of the Himbas, they represent one of the last true nomadic tribes of Africa.
The wildlife of the Hoanib Valley is perfectly at home in the arid environment, and learning about their survival techniques is fascinating. Game drives will reveal desert-adapted elephant, as well as stately desert-adapted giraffe, and, if you’re very lucky, desert lion. Zebra, klipspringer and kudu move freely through the mountains, and you’ll find hardy herds of springbok and oryx, as well as steenbok picking their way across the dust-blown landscapes. The region is home to the largest population of free-ranging black rhino, and a day (or even a morning or an afternoon) tracking the magnificent beasts is an absolute must. Bird watchers, keep your eyes peeled for Monteiro’s hornbills or Ruppell’s korhaans in the valleys, and the imperious Verreaux’s eagle in the mountains.
Deep in the north-western corner of Namibia, Kaokoland is one of the most remote, wild and marvellously unique areas of the country. It’s a land characterised by rolling dunes, rocky mountains and desert plains all criss-crossed by ancient, dry riverbeds, the roads of the area.
In a country jam-packed with vast, spectacularly beautiful landscapes, Kaokoland may just be the most incredible of them all. Deep in north-western Namibia, the area is a melee of towering mountains, sand dunes, and huge expanses of desert, scattered with unique wildlife and nomadic Himba settlements. It’s also one of Namibia’s most remote and wild environments, and one that not many will get the chance to discover in a lifetime.
And that’s exactly why we’ve decided to build Hoanib Valley Camp. A joint venture between the local communities and the Giraffe Conservation Foundation, the world’s only Africa-wide giraffe conservation organisation, the camp is an elegant, intimate affair that immerses you into the wilds of the desert. The six rooms blend seamlessly with the environment, offering a simple aesthetic that matches the rugged landscape down to a tee. Days are spent tracking endangered rhino, desert-adapted elephant, and of course desert-adapted giraffe, before retiring to your private veranda to marvel at the magnitude of your surroundings (G&T in hand).
The rooms at Hoanib Valley Camp are designed to blend beautifully with the astounding Namibian landscape around them. Inside, textures, hues and giraffes (of course) combine to create an aesthetic as perfectly unique as the camp itself. Hoanib Valley’s six guest tents blend almost perfectly into the rugged environment. The colours, textures and patterns are inspired by the experience of the Hoanib; the rich ochre of the dunes, the geometric patterns of the Himba people and, of course, the giraffe that inspired the project. True to the ethos of Natural Selection, we’ve sourced materials locally, and you’ll find furniture shaped by the local Rundu carpenters and Himba carvers, and baskets weaved by the people of the Omba Project in Windhoek. The whole camp is a clean and green sort of place, leaving virtually no footprint on this fragile eco-system. It’s entirely solar powered to ensure carbon emissions are kept to a minimum, and the tents sit on decks made of a wood, bamboo and 70% recycled-material composite.
Hoanib Valley (Twin)
Fully inclusive, Twin Tents luxury accommodation all en-suite with a private veranda.
- 6 tents: 5 twins, 1 family
- Ensuite bathrooms with indoor showers
- Wifi available: Yes
- Hairdryers: No
- Battery charging facilities: In the mess tent & in room
- Complimentary laundry service
- Child policy: We welcome children of all ages.
Hoanib Valley (Family)
The family unit consists of 2 adjoining tents, one with a king size bed and one with twin beds. Each has its own private veranda and is en-suite. The unit can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children.
The camp boasts a stylish tented lounge with a well-stocked drinks cabinet, veranda, and outdoor and indoor dining areas. The fire pit is the perfect spot for an early-morning coffee or to watch the stars unfold as darkness falls and there is also a small plunge pool in which to cool off.
Delicious and wholesome meals are prepared by expert chefs and dining pivots around enjoying meals in the open air.
Hoanib Valley Camp boasts an inviting and homely tented lounge, a great place to unwind and enjoy a good book or a tipple of your choice. There is also a small plunge pool in which to cool off.