The grande dame of Lisbon’s boutique hotel scene has re-opened after a major expansion courtesy of architect, Eduardo Souto de Moura. Behind its ochre-coloured façade, it houses 87 rooms, the first outpost of chef Nuno Mendes in his home town, and a much sought-after roof terrace.
- The hotel stands on one of Lisbon’s prettiest squares, Praça de Camões, with a statue of Luís de Camões, Portugal’s greatest poet in its centre. It’s in the vibrant quarter of Bairro Alto, long a haunt of artists and writers. Steps away is the chic neighbourhood of Chiado, filled with elegant shops, theatres and some of the capital’s best restaurants.
- While the existing rooms, which also have the best views over the square, have kept their quietly charming feel, with their hand-painted birds on the walls, the newer rooms and suites are bolder in colour, while not straying from the original DNA of the hotel.
- Go up to the 5th floor and be amazed by the best of Portuguese cuisine, created by Chef Bruno Rocha. BAHR exhales a bohemian and irreverent aura of the artists that marked the city. With a terrace with a stunning view of the river and the city, it is the perfect spot to relax during the day, enjoy the sunset, or just sit back and have a drink.
- Wellness centre, equipped with a Technogym and a kinesis wall, a sauna and sensory shower, and a double massage room with excellent treatments using Suzanne Kauffman products.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Bairro Alto Hotel opened its doors for the first time in 2005, in the building where until 1980 was the Grand Hôtel de L’Europe, a landmark in the national hotel business history. The set of buildings where the Bairro Alto Hotel is located dates back to the XVIII century and it is an area of municipal interest in Lisbon – more precisely between Bairro Alto and Chiado, two of the most emblematic neighborhoods of the city.
Bairro Alto Hotel, a renowned member of “The Leading Hotels of the World”, is a pioneer in Portugal in the concept of 5 star boutique hotels. A milestone in the history of this hotel, which represents the best of Lisbon in an experience where charm, bohemia and sophistication guide visitors through the history of a breathtaking and enthralling city.