- Sky-high mountain views of a stunning natural park complement heritage artisanal wools, local gastronomy, and iconic and contemporary Portuguese design at Burel Mountain Hotels’ Casa de São Lourenço.
- Casa de São Lourenço combines contemporary design with Alpine cosiness and warm Portuguese service to deliver luxurious and tranquil mountain seclusion.
- The hotel’s 21 rooms have large picture windows to make the most of the view.
- The breathtaking landscape lures you to outdoor adventure and mountainside meanderings – walk amongst wildflowers in spring, admire the changing leaves in autumn and snowshoe the slopes in winter.
- When the sun sets, head for laps in the heated outdoor pool, sauna sessions and spa treatments infused with foraged herbs. The pool is fed by a natural spring with floor-to-ceiling windows that look out over meadows and mountains in summer or swathes of snow in winter. Wwim between the indoor and outdoor areas to feel the crisp mountain air or lie supine on a sunlounger with a good book.
- The Panoramic Spa is a source of rejuvenation of the body and soul with heated swim-through indoor & outdoor pool and whirlpool tub, sauna and steam room, along with treatment rooms for massages.
- Daily free activities, such as guided hikes, are on offer.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The only 5-star hotel in the Serra da Estrela region and the only one with panoramic views of the Zêzere Glacier Valley. Conceived in 1940 by Rogério de Azevedo, it is now reborn with a new life focused on the beauty of the landscape, burel as one of the central themes and the beautiful estate of Maria Keil recovered inside, but giving space to the contemporary design of Portuguese designers and introducing the comfort of a Mountain SPA where the fresh air of the altitude and the beauty of the panorama are fundamental themes. Rest comforted by the panorama of Serra da Estrela while letting yourself be rocked by the history that lines the walls. Rooms all different and truly special. With a decoration that opposes the modern and the old, concrete and wood, wool and burel, separate resting areas, balconies and access to a private garden. Rooms that praise the landscape, the mountain and all its culture, without giving up comfort and silence.
At 1200 meters of altitude. Restaurant with panoramic views over Serra da Estrela and the Zêzere Glacier Valley and Vila de Manteigas, where the freshness that seasonality gives to local flavors is privileged, the simplicity of the mountain ingredients seasoned with the contemporary and the ingenuity of Chef Manuel Figueira, without losing the authenticity that distinguishes them. The Mountain Spa at Casa de São Lourenço offers you time, comfort and a sense of renewal. With treatments that cross the unique treasures of the Serra da Estrela mountains and the traditional wisdom of the East.
Each room is unique and designed to inform guests about local traditions, customs, and materials. The light and dark color palette in the public spaces echoes the two types of wool produced by Serra da Estrela sheep, while neutral colors, pine, and the liberal use of burel give the property a local flair.
You are invited to discover the flavors of our trip through the gastronomy of the Beiras region, the seasonality of the ingredients of the Mountain, the ancestral recipes that we have reinterpreted. You are invited to sit at the table with a panoramic view of the Glacier Valley, under a roof of golden burel stars in anticipation of autumn views. At the São Lourenço Restaurant we privilege the freshness that seasonality gives to local flavors, the simplicity of mountain ingredients seasoned with the contemporary and the ingenuity of Chef Manuel Figueira, without losing the authenticity that distinguishes them.
250km of marked mountain trails; heated indoor/outdoor swimming pool; spa, sauna and hammam; bicycles, sleds and snowshoes are free to rent; free parking on site; free WiFi. All bookings include a two-hour guided walking ‘orientation’ as well a guided tour of the owners’ burel factory in the village of Manteigas. The heated swimming pool is fed by a natural spring and surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows that look out over meadows and mountains in summer or swathes of snow in winter. You can swim between the indoor and outdoor areas to feel the crisp mountain air or lie supine on a sunlounger with a good book. The Scandi-inspired Mountain Spa makes the most of its setting by bringing the outdoors in, thanks to panoramic vistas and all-natural products packed with sturdy shrubs and health-giving herbs. Sweat it out in the picture-windowed sauna or hammam and then choose from tantalising treatments like anti-aging facials, birch-stick massages with rosemary and juniper oils or a hydrating body wrap.
Keep the Mountain in view while relaxing in the pure and spring water of Serra da Estrela. A heated pool over the Zêzere Glacier Valley, connected with a small outdoor pool with hydromassage … Try the transition from the indoor pool to the heated outdoor pool, a delightful contrast between the warm water temperature and the freshness of the fresh air.
The Panoramic Spa at Casa de São Lourenço is clearly more than just a spa. It is a source of rejuvenation of the body and soul. An invitation to a curious journey of discovery through sensations that were unknown to us: the wild odors that enter us through the windows, the perfumed oils of the spa, the high quality products and the professionalism of those who serve you. It’s time to close your eyes and let us take care of you. The Mountain Spa at Casa de São Lourenço offers you time, comfort and a sense of renewal. With treatments that cross the unique treasures of the Serra da Estrela mountains and the traditional wisdom of the East.