- Convento do Espinheiro is a 5 star, luxury historic boutique hotel & spa on 23 acres in the Unesco World Heritage city of Evora, Alentejo region in Portugal.
- With a total of 92 rooms, including 5 suites, select your favorite ambience and decide between a room of the new ward, with a modern decoration inspired by the 50’s or, if you prefer, a conventual luxurious decorated room.
- Considered one of the best in Portugal – our Spa is the perfect retreat with a luxurious atmosphere, in a place where the most modern therapies are located at.
- Enjoy the 17m indoor swimming pool with massage showers or simply relax in the Jacuzzi while admiring the extraordinary views of the hotel gardens. The Health Centre also features a Turkish bath and Sauna.
- Embark on a unique gastronomic journey and taste the traditional flavours of the local gastronomy, which harmoniously with the Mediterranean cuisine. Located in the former wine cellar used by the monks, Divinus is a gourmet restaurant where you may enjoy a unique experience in an atmosphere filled with the richness of its heritage.
- Formally a gothic water deposit during the 15th Century, the Cisterna Wine Bar has now become a must for any wine lover. Experience the exquisite collection of fine wines produced in this renowned region with expert sommelier.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The whitewashed architecture of Convento do Espinheiro is set amongst blue skies with puffy clouds and surrounding countryside verdure. Once a convent dating back to the XV century, this luxurious hotel considered a National Monument is close to the historical city of Evora, classified by UNESCO as a “World Heritage City”. Our picturesque surroundings make us the perfect spot for enjoying the Portuguese countryside. Retreat to one of the refined guest rooms and awaken to enchanting views of rolling green hills and surrounding beauty. Elegant linens, fine furnishings and world-class service are characteristic of each guest room and suite at Convento do Espinheiro, Hotel & Spa. Experience personal treatment and world-class luxury at our spa facilities offering the most advanced technologies and treatments. Take a relaxed swim in our outdoor swimming pool, overlooking rolling hills.
A fine Mediterranean dining experience awaits you at Divinus Restaurant, our elegant gourmet restaurant. Walk through a pathway of candlelit arches until you reach your exclusive table, set aside for an evening of fine dining.Other dining facilities include Claustro, offering Mediterranean cuisine in a more relaxed atmosphere; Cisterna, our Wine Cellar Bar; and Pulpitus Bar for cocktails and snacks. Other services and facilities include a Children’s Program, heliport, 24-hour Business Center, fitness facility, and our modern meeting room which can accommodate up to 300 people and offers state-of-the-art facilities and technology with natural daylight.
The Bio-Pool Suites are built on stilts over the biological pool and are inspired by the artisanal fishing port built by local fisherman. The exterior finishing and the interior décor pay homage to the traditional materials and techniques. Designed by architect José Alberto Charrua each suite has its own unique interior design, a king size bed, a sitting area and a large bathroom with walk-in shower and a bathtub. The private terrace allows guests to dive directly into the pool.
Sublime Comporta offers 3 restaurants. “Semporta” concentrates on typical Portuguese and regional dishes. The organic outdoor-restaurant “Food Circle” allows you to dine under the starts while watching the chefs use only ancestral cooking methods with fire playing the leading role. “Tasca da Comporta” is the second outdoor-option with sophisticated traditional Portuguese “petiscos” – small sized dishes which are perfect for sharing. All restaurants take advantage of the resorts organic garden, orchard and forest garden. The restaurants are complemented by a bar that features a large deck overlooking the pool.
Sublime Comporta’s ravishing, adults-only pool is set in the green-and-gold grounds, next to a fire pit that hints at sociable evenings. There’s also a small pool by the restaurant, for little Smiths to splash around in.
Set in the main building, the spa has a peaceful heated pool, a sauna, steam bath and a fleet of celestial therapists. Have a massage in the pine-shaded grounds, unwind in the sleeping pods or notch up a few laps. After your treatment, try a herbal tea featuring leaves plucked from the garden.
Thanks to an understated yet chic vibe, unspoilt white-sand beaches and gourmet-restaurants the tranquil village of Comporta in Portugal’s Alentejo region one hour south of Lisbon has become the holiday destination for international fashion designers, artists and royals. Carvalhal and Pego beaches are among Portugal’s most beautiful and they are a 10-minutes-drive from Sublime Comporta. The highly protected Estuário nature reserve lies north of the resort and offers amazing birdwatching opportunities. Learning to surf, horse-back riding on the sand dunes, paying a visit to the rice fields, going on a wine tasting, excursions to Portugals’s only resident dolphin community, palying golf – the possibilities are endless.