- 25 miles up river from the mouth of the Douro, the rooms of Douro 41 run down, in vineyard-like terraces to the wide waters, surrounded by a rural paradise of green meadows. Two outdoor swimming pools and one indoor, a spa and a variety of water sports make this an ideal escape from city life.
- The hotel is built in a series of terraces, similar to the way vines are planted, with 41 initial rooms and a funicular lift reaching the later addition of 20 more rooms perched above the steep river banks. The whole is peaceful and contemporary in feel.
- The Raiva Restaurant with Chef Ricardo Lourenço at the helm offers traditional Portuguese dishes with a contemporary twist.
- The Spa has a sauna and Turkish bath, sensory showers and five treatment rooms. In the latter, Irish Moss of the Isles products are used, a nature-centric, organic and vegan line. Guests can enjoy a complimentary morning yoga class, plus walks along wooden walkways through the biodiverse landscape armed with a picnic provided by the hotel.
- There are 3 river boats for fishing expeditions or trips out to Ilha dos Amores, ‘Lover’s Island’ for a swim and picnic. The hotel can provide kayaks and paddle boards to use on the river; water skiing and wake boarding can also be organised.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The Douro41 Hotel & Spa is a contemporary hotel in harmony with the amazing natural surroundings. Inspired by the experiences of Douro Region, it recreates the terraces that characterize and mold the slopes of the region for centuries. With 56 rooms and 5 suites, the hotel features modern, minimalist lines, a combination of natural light and contemporary design, neutral tones and an architecture which enhances the Douro River’s beauty. The tiered hotel is designed to maximise river views and the pool is cantilevered above it for a floating feeling. The spectacular scenery, though, is the star, with huge floor-to-ceiling windows, glass walkways and wide terraces all created to showcase the views.
The Douro41 Spa is another main attraction, with a team of specialized therapists, a fresh approach to treatment, properly outfitted rooms, an indoor panoramic swimming pool and a hydrotherapy circuit. There are three pools at Douro41: a glass-flanked, river-facing one inside at the spa, one on the middle storey of the retreat, and one on the roof with a bar and two levels of sunloungers. The Raiva Restaurant with Chef Ricardo Lourenço at the helm offers traditional Portuguese dishes with a contemporary twist.