- São Lourenço do Barrocal is a luxury boutique farm hotel and monte alentejano, located in a wild corner of the Alentejo, Portugal, in the foothills of medieval Monsaraz and nearby the Alqueva lake.
- Within a 1927-acre estate that has been in the same family for over 200 years, it has its heart at an ancient small farming village, which has been brought back to the rhythms of rural daily life as a remarkable hotel of understated luxury, set amidst ancient oaks, olive groves and vineyards.
- Every architecture detail was planned to make you discover the farm and its perks. Heritage meets natural materials and quality design and that is felt throughout all our guest rooms and cottages, where interiors cleverly combine selected Portuguese vintage pieces with contemporary crafted furniture.
- Our menu is a reflection of our farm to table approach: Alentejo is our main staple and we use only the best seasonal organic produce, locally sourced, serving our guests dishes overflowing with flavor and fresh ingredients.
- The winery is an integral part of the hotel and the estate’s regeneration, producing our first-class single-estate wines.
- The Spa invites into an immersive state of wellbeing, connecting 4 treatment rooms, a relaxation room, dry saunas, a hydrotherapy room with a cedar wood bathtub and a studio for group fitness classes or personal training.
- Relax by the 2 pools, feeling in communion with the surrounding landscape while admiring the huge 13 feet granite rock set inside the water as a silent testimony of the barrocais.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
São Lourenço do Barrocal is a farmscape hotel and retreat, in the foothills of Monsaraz, Portugal, amidst ancient holm oaks, olive groves and vineyards of a 19th century, 780-hectare family estate in the stunning Alentejo region of Portugal. Bordering Alqueva lake, the estate spans olive groves, vineyards and meadows, as well as the remarkable stone formations from which it takes its name. Inside a Dark Sky Reserve, it is one of the best places in the world to watch the stars and sky at night. It is a remarkable place to embrace nature, no matter what time of the day, offering trails for walks and hikes, off the beaten tracks for cycling, more than 100 species of birds to watch and scenic picnic locations.
Seventh-generation family-owned, the property (including a once-bustling farming village) is being sensitively transformed into a rural retreat, comprising a five-star hotel of understated luxury, its own winery, a farm to table restaurant and organic vegetable garden, a farm shop and a spa by Susanne Kaufmann. All of this continuing to thrive as a working farm, producing olive oil from centenary olive trees, its own brand of single-estate wines, certified organic cattle, and oats.
The Bio-Pool Suites are built on stilts over the biological pool and are inspired by the artisanal fishing port built by local fisherman. The exterior finishing and the interior décor pay homage to the traditional materials and techniques. Designed by architect José Alberto Charrua each suite has its own unique interior design, a king size bed, a sitting area and a large bathroom with walk-in shower and a bathtub. The private terrace allows guests to dive directly into the pool.
Sublime Comporta offers 3 restaurants. “Semporta” concentrates on typical Portuguese and regional dishes. The organic outdoor-restaurant “Food Circle” allows you to dine under the starts while watching the chefs use only ancestral cooking methods with fire playing the leading role. “Tasca da Comporta” is the second outdoor-option with sophisticated traditional Portuguese “petiscos” – small sized dishes which are perfect for sharing. All restaurants take advantage of the resorts organic garden, orchard and forest garden. The restaurants are complemented by a bar that features a large deck overlooking the pool.
Sublime Comporta’s ravishing, adults-only pool is set in the green-and-gold grounds, next to a fire pit that hints at sociable evenings. There’s also a small pool by the restaurant, for little Smiths to splash around in.
Set in the main building, the spa has a peaceful heated pool, a sauna, steam bath and a fleet of celestial therapists. Have a massage in the pine-shaded grounds, unwind in the sleeping pods or notch up a few laps. After your treatment, try a herbal tea featuring leaves plucked from the garden.
Thanks to an understated yet chic vibe, unspoilt white-sand beaches and gourmet-restaurants the tranquil village of Comporta in Portugal’s Alentejo region one hour south of Lisbon has become the holiday destination for international fashion designers, artists and royals. Carvalhal and Pego beaches are among Portugal’s most beautiful and they are a 10-minutes-drive from Sublime Comporta. The highly protected Estuário nature reserve lies north of the resort and offers amazing birdwatching opportunities. Learning to surf, horse-back riding on the sand dunes, paying a visit to the rice fields, going on a wine tasting, excursions to Portugals’s only resident dolphin community, palying golf – the possibilities are endless.