- Bastir’s design is a major reason for staying in what must now be arguably the city’s most stylish hotel. The look throughout the Valverde is sophisticated eclecticism, with boldly coloured walls, Portuguese artworks and Moorish touches such as sliding screens and mosaics.On Lisbon’s grandest boulevard, this charming boutique hotel’s 25 rooms and suites overlook the capital’s characteristic red roofs. Interiors behind the beautifully preserved 19th-century façade draw together the very best art, porcelain, fabrics and marble from around the country, creating a national showcase.
- The 25 rooms (including junior suites and two large suites built in to the eaves on the 6th floor and with great views of the city rooftops and castle) are similarly stylish, with the emphasis on elegant mid-century furniture and geometric patterned rugs.
- The hotel’s Sitio Restaurant/Bar serves brasserie-style modern Portuguese cuisine and evening drinks in a lovely high-ceilinged room that overlooks another of the hotel’s highlights, the Pateo courtyard garden, complete with heated pool and five o’clock tea service. Pateo is also a lovely place to relax after wandering around the city, or for an early evening cocktail (order the hotel’s signature cocktail, Valverde Spirit – a blend of gin, basil, cardamom seeds, lime juice, sugar syrup and ginger beer) before heading out to sample Lisbon’s renewed and renowned nightlife. The morning after the night before, you can even settle in for a movie in the Valverde’s small cinema.
- Valverde Hotel boasts a charming garden and a heated outdoor swimming pool, just the place to wind down and relax after a busy day’s sightseeing. Other facilities include a cosy lounge, a screening room, and a gym.
- Facing the leafy interior courtyard, the hotel’s restaurant, “Sítio de Valverde”, serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner in an elegant, sophisticated and intimate atmosphere. The restaurant’s signature cuisine is principally based on Portuguese gastronomy, with special care taken in the selection of the finest locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. Cocktails, drinks and snacks are also served throughout the day in the bar.
- There’s also a heated swimming pool in the leafy patio and a beautiful sailboat that guests can hire for a day trip on the river or the Atlantic.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Boasting a prime address on Lisbon’s tree-lined, up-scale Avenida da Liberdade, Valverde Hotel is set in a magnificently restored 19th century mansion, which echoes the townhouses of London and New York. An oasis of comfort and discreet luxury, this fabulous property offers exclusive boutique accommodation and fine cuisine in an enviable city-centre location.
Perfectly placed for relaxing stays in Lisbon, Valverde Hotel is just a ten minute walk from Praça Dom Pedro IV, and is within easy reach of all of the city’s most important landmarks. The Avenida metro station is just a two minute walk from the hotel, providing quick and easy links with the rest of the city. Unusually for hotels in central Lisbon, Valverde Hotel boasts a charming garden and a heated outdoor swimming pool, just the place to wind down and relax after a busy day’s sightseeing. Other facilities include a cosy lounge, a screening room, and a gym. Décor is a unique mix of the vintage and the modern, with contemporary and 1950s styled furnishings, dark panelling with striped walls, and rich, vibrant colours.
Facing the leafy interior courtyard, the hotel’s restaurant, “Sítio de Valverde”, serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner in an elegant, sophisticated and intimate atmosphere. The restaurant’s signature cuisine is principally based on Portuguese gastronomy, with special care taken in the selection of the finest locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. Cocktails, drinks and snacks are also served throughout the day in the bar.
The Bio-Pool Suites are built on stilts over the biological pool and are inspired by the artisanal fishing port built by local fisherman. The exterior finishing and the interior décor pay homage to the traditional materials and techniques. Designed by architect José Alberto Charrua each suite has its own unique interior design, a king size bed, a sitting area and a large bathroom with walk-in shower and a bathtub. The private terrace allows guests to dive directly into the pool.
Sublime Comporta offers 3 restaurants. “Semporta” concentrates on typical Portuguese and regional dishes. The organic outdoor-restaurant “Food Circle” allows you to dine under the starts while watching the chefs use only ancestral cooking methods with fire playing the leading role. “Tasca da Comporta” is the second outdoor-option with sophisticated traditional Portuguese “petiscos” – small sized dishes which are perfect for sharing. All restaurants take advantage of the resorts organic garden, orchard and forest garden. The restaurants are complemented by a bar that features a large deck overlooking the pool.
Sublime Comporta’s ravishing, adults-only pool is set in the green-and-gold grounds, next to a fire pit that hints at sociable evenings. There’s also a small pool by the restaurant, for little Smiths to splash around in.
Set in the main building, the spa has a peaceful heated pool, a sauna, steam bath and a fleet of celestial therapists. Have a massage in the pine-shaded grounds, unwind in the sleeping pods or notch up a few laps. After your treatment, try a herbal tea featuring leaves plucked from the garden.
Thanks to an understated yet chic vibe, unspoilt white-sand beaches and gourmet-restaurants the tranquil village of Comporta in Portugal’s Alentejo region one hour south of Lisbon has become the holiday destination for international fashion designers, artists and royals. Carvalhal and Pego beaches are among Portugal’s most beautiful and they are a 10-minutes-drive from Sublime Comporta. The highly protected Estuário nature reserve lies north of the resort and offers amazing birdwatching opportunities. Learning to surf, horse-back riding on the sand dunes, paying a visit to the rice fields, going on a wine tasting, excursions to Portugals’s only resident dolphin community, palying golf – the possibilities are endless.