- This Wilderness Safaris lodge is Rwanda’s most beautifully designed, luxury retreat, set in 42 hectares of land with stunning views of Mount Bisoke.
- Bisate Lodge enjoys a truly dramatic natural setting at the heart of an amphitheatre formed by eroded volcano cones. Six conically shaped thatched forest villas are tucked into the lush forest setting, spacious verandas opening out onto magnificent views of the surrounding peaks.
- The traditional shapes of the suites are a nod to Rwandan culture, while the sumptuous interiors maximise comfort and warmth while making the most of the scenic views.
- Blending the traditional with the modern, the exquisite guest areas features floor to ceiling windows through which guests can marvel at the world outside while enjoying a refreshing drink at the elegant bar or the contemporary wine cellar.
- Activities in the area include gorilla tracking, cultural village visits, sightings of the golden monkey, birding and tours to places of interest such as Lakes Ruhondo and Burera, the Musanze Caves and the grave of Dian Fossey.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Guided visit to the nearby community and members of the cooperative, including the farmers who cultivate and sell their vegetables to Bisate.
Gorilla trekking takes place from Volcanoes National Park headquarters where guests are allocated to one of the twelve habituated gorilla groups for a one-hour encounter.
View this beautifully-coloured primate, which is endemic to the area and lives in groups of up to 30 individuals in the Park’s bamboo forest.
A full-day guided hike to the summit of Mount Bisoke (3 711m) can be strenuous but is worth the effort, offering sweeping views of the rainforest and crater lake
Bisate’s agronomist, Jean-Moise, will show you around his tree nursery and help you plant a sapling as part of our reforestation project.
A spectacular, challenging hike to Dian Fossey’s grave and the ruins of her Karisoke Research Centre, set in the saddle of Bisoke and Karisimbi volcanoes at an elevation of some 3 000 metres.
Bisate Lodge, adjacent to Volcanoes National Park, combines the bucket-list gorilla trek with a pioneering vision of reforestation and community partnership. Bisate is located in the natural amphitheatre of an eroded volcanic cone, with dramatic views of the peaks of the Bisoke and Karisimbi volcanoes rearing up through Afro-alpine forests. Encountering one of the gorilla groups in the nearby Volcanoes National Park is a unique experience. Six opulent en-suite forest villas maximise comfort and striking views of ancient volcanoes while adhering to environmentally responsible principles and reflecting the rich culture of rural Rwanda. Beautiful, domed bedrooms come alive with richly decorated interiors while the reception space is aglow with warmth from a central fireplace.
Bisate is within easy driving distance of the Park Headquarters, from where gorilla treks depart daily. Walks on Bisate’s property offer birding and participation in the reforestation programme. Bisate is Rwanda’s first genuinely luxurious and eco-sensitive safari lodge, centred on Africa’s most immersive wild primate experience. Natural history tours should also be on the list of things to do involving a visit to Dian Fossey’s grave and research centre as well as local museum. Rwanda is also renowned for its coffee beans – be sure to embark on a delectable coffee tastings or explore the culture and community on a guided walk.
Six opulent en-suite forest villas are warmed by a central fireplace and have breathtaking views from the deck. Both the architecture and interiors are rooted in Rwandan cultural traditions.
Bisate’s sophisticated architectural and interior design is rooted in Rwandan building tradition as exemplified in the design of the Royal Palace of the traditional monarch. This spherical, synthetic thatched structure echoes the thousands of hills that dot the Rwandan landscape, while the richly detailed interior exhibits surfaces and screens made from a variety of woven materials with strong resonance in Rwandan culture. Each 91 square metre Forest Villa consists of a generous yet intimate combination of bedroom, reception space and bathroom, all warmed by a central fireplace and with breath taking views out across your private deck towards Mount Bisoke. With only six villas, the real generosity in the Rwandan context is the amount of private and exclusive space that surrounds Bisate, cosseting it in a rare natural landscape brimming with Albertine Rift biodiversity and beauty.
The main area comprises a lounge, dining and bar area, wine cellar and viewing deck. Both the architecture and interiors are rooted in Rwandan cultural traditions.
From the outside, Bisate’s structures mimic traditional huts on the while interiors are sumptuous, offering comfort, warmth and luxury. In addition to six spacious suites, the lodge has a large living area with fireplaces and a cosy wine cellar. You will be able to enjoy walks through the 26-hectare reserve and learn about the reforestation project. The national park headquarters are located within easy driving distance, from where gorilla treks depart daily.