- Set in the magnificent malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve, Jaci’s Lodges offer guests the perfect destination for unrivaled game-viewing, unique guestroom options, outstanding service and tailor-made safari activities. Member of the prestigious National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World.
- Sleep under the sky on a romantic rooftop deck, and awake to the chatter of monkeys and birds in the treetops.
- Gather for a delicious South African meal in an enchanting lantern-lit boma, and sway along to traditional rhythms with local staff.
- Seek out the “big five” in the Madikwe Game Reserve, and hear your expert local guide bring the wilderness to life with colorful folktales.
- Get involved in conservation efforts on a specialized safari, helping to microchip rhinos, collar elephants, and collect material to protect the reserve’s most vulnerable creatures.
- Capture stunning photographs of elephants, giraffes, buffalo—and with luck, thirsty lions—from your vantage point in the Terrapin Hide, a submerged lookout built at the edge of a watering hole.
- Enjoy a spectacular sunset while sipping on your favourite sundowner in one of the camp’s comfortable hammocks.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Madikwe Safari Lodge wants to create an environment for children & parents where they can tailor their stay based on exactly what everyone feels like doing or what opportunity may presents itself at the time.
Visitors may head out on foot with their armed ranger. The perspective of the bush is entirely different to that of a vehicle, and guests will learn to read the signs of the wild, and perhaps come into close contact with the different animal species on the reserve.
Game drives are conducted twice a day (early morning, and late afternoon/ evening) in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles in the 40,000 acre private reserve. The rangers are in constant radio communication with one another to keep each other informed about the location of wildlife. Headsets are used for this purpose so as not to interrupt the sounds of the African bush. The 4-wheel drive safari vehicles enable the rangers to leave the road and provide guests with close up game viewing and fantastic photographic opportunities. Night drives, with the aid of powerful spotlights, bring the bush to life at night.
The Waterberg is home to an incredible diversity of bird species. Besides residents, migratory species move through during the rains and the escarpment cliffs are home to the world’s largest breeding colony of the critically endangered Cape Vulture.
Set in the magnificent Madikwe Game Reserve in South Africa’s North West province, Jaci’s Lodges offer guests the perfect destination for unrivaled game-viewing, unique accommodation options, outstanding service and tailor-made safari activities. With easy access via car or aeroplane, Jaci’s Lodges are a mere 3½-hour drive or an hour’s flight from Johannesburg. The gorgeous safari-style accommodation at Jaci’s Safari Lodge features 2 exclusive Starbed Suites, 6 luxury Tented Suites and 2 private Family Suites. At Jaci’s Tree Lodge, 8 Treehouse Suites, custom-built on wooden stilts and connected by raised walkways, seem to float high above the ground. Suites feature sumptuous beds, large mosaic baths, outdoor showers, fireplaces and private decks, from which to watch warthogs rolling in the mud or tree squirrels darting through foliage.
Jaci’s prides itself on its specialized safari experiences, South African inspired cuisine & outdoor starlit dining. With its submerged “Terrapin” photographic hide & custom built photographic equipment, Jaci’s Lodges has become the destination in for Madikwe for photographers. Guests can tuck into hearty breakfasts, light lunches or delectable high teas in the open-plan dining room which boasts uninterrupted views of the bush and savour superb dinners in the enclosed boma, or under a star-studded sky. Those in need of relaxing spots to unwind can head to the sparkling pool or lounge around the crackling fireplace in the inviting sitting room. A well-stocked loft bar and comfortable hammocks perched on the bank of the Groot Marico River add to guest delight. Adventures include game drives, birdwatching and bush walks through the wildlife-rich Madikwe Game Reserve.
The gorgeous safari-style accommodation at Jaci’s Safari Lodge features two exclusive Starbed Suites, six luxury Tented Suites and two private Family Suites. At Jaci’s Tree Lodge, eight Treehouse Suites, custom-built on wooden stilts and connected by raised walkways, seem to float high above the ground. Suites feature sumptuous beds, large mosaic baths, outdoor showers, fireplaces and private decks, from which to watch warthogs rolling in the mud or tree squirrels darting through foliage.
Inspired by the unique natural surroundings, and designed with comfort and relaxation in mind, the accommodation options at Jaci’s Safari Lodge offer guests the ideal base from which to experience their own African safari.
At Jaci’s Tree Lodge, guests are accommodated in custom-built treehouses that seem to float high above the ground. Guests can enjoy a magnificent accommodation experience with views into the surrounding riverine forest as well as glimpses across the Marico River. Jaci’s Tree Lodge blends into the overarching canopy of the surrounding bush and foliage, making for fantastic birdwatching in a natural environment.
We serve fire-cooked meals under the stars, with authentic South African flavour and flair and our staff takes special pride in their attention to detail, ensuring your Jaci’s Lodges safari experience will be treasured for years to come.
Madikwe Game Reserve is world renowned as a spectacular Big 5 safari destination, and at Jaci’s Lodges we pride ourselves on our varied and exceptional safari activity offerings. Twice-daily game drives with our expert guides provide the perfect opportunity to explore the diverse and game-rich reserve. Our submerged Terrapin Hide is a favourite of amateur snappers and photographic professionals alike. Additionally, conservation safaris and walking safaris under the guidance of experts in their field offer everyday bush lovers the opportunity to experience Madikwe Game Reserve from unique perspectives.
Each suite has a private plunge pool, and curved stone walls lead you out into open-plan sitting-dining areas with big squishy sofas you just want to flop on.
Children are welcome at Madikwe Safari Lodge and there are many activities available for children including: Family safari drives, bush orientation, bug CSI, dung tracking, track pack with plaster of Paris, baking in the kitchen, making pizzas in the boma, star gazing, games night and much more.