- Jock, the first private concession within Kruger National Park, comprises two small camps which enjoy exclusive traversing rights on a prime 6000 hectare tract in the game-rich south. Given this, it’s one of Africa’s best-value luxury safaris and, as a non-profit, an active participant in conservation.
- Jock enjoys a plum position in southern Kruger, an area so game-rich that local safari aficionados sometimes refer to it as the ‘zoo’. The variety and frequency of game sightings in the 6000 hectare private concession is as good as the best parts of Sabi Sand (the private reserve adjoining Kruger), and animals well-habituated to vehicle proximity.
- The 12 thatched suites are on either side of a central double-storey thatched public space; all have views of the dry riverbeds that are such a popular thoroughfare for animals. In the communal areas, expect natural fabrics and a neutral palette, with Afro-Scandi dining chairs, mirrors to reflect views, and hanging chairs and loungers to while away the day in.
- Excellent guides will introduce you to the wonders of the bush while in pursuit of the ‘Big Five’.
- Facilities include a and TV/library lounge. The main camp has a gym and Relaxation Retreat with sauna, hydrotherapy bath and steam room.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Located within 6,000 ha of pristine bushveld, Jock Safari Lodge is an exclusive private concession, perfectly positioned in the southern part of the Kruger National Park. Jock Safari Lodge emerges where the Mitomeni & Biyamiti rivers flow as one, this natural unbroken landscape offers guests one of the best Big Five game viewing experiences in South Africa with its exclusive riverbed traversing rights. Steeped in history, Jock Safari Lodge was the first private concession granted within the Kruger Park and is named after local legend, Jock of the Bushveld, the canine hero of Sir Percy FitzPatrick’s famous story of courage and loyalty that is set during South Africa’s first gold rush era. Relive one of South Africa’s cultural heritages through this wonderful story and view the original mementoes on display at the Main Lodge.
Two authentic lodges both offering the timeless style and elegance of a classic safari lodge, pay homage to its rich history and heritage but with the addition of modern comforts expected by today’s discerning traveller. Taking guests on a sensory journey that encapsulates history, flora, fauna, conservation, relaxation and fine South African food and wine, Main Jock Lodge comprises 12 individual thatched rooms, while nearby the private and intimate camp, Fitzpatrick’s at Jock caters for small parties and families with three suites. Fitzpatrick’s at Jock welcomes children of all ages which is complemented with our curated Kids on Safari programme.