- Kruger Shalati is a unique boutique luxury lodge set in a restored steam engine train, that’s parked atop the historic Selati Bridge above the Sabie River in Kruger safari park. Each car has been converted to house 31 luxury guest rooms that highlight the local culture with local art and custom furniture along with a lounge carriage offering a bar, pool, and deck overlooking Kruger National Park.
- The Shalati station platform dually serves as the hotel’s reception and an extraordinary restaurant for both hotel guests and visitors. From here, you’ll have exceptional vistas of the horizon, the riverbanks and the hippos directly below.
- There are 31 rooms – 24 in the train carriage and 7 in the bridge house – that have the historic integrity but add the necessary upgrades of modernity and luxury. An external walkway attaches to the bridge, giving each room a private outdoor entrance and inside, floor-to-ceiling windows offer plummeting views to the river below and the bush beyond.
- The Train on the Bridge guests will be also able to enjoy two game drives per day, fine dining at the hotel’s restaurant and an incredible pool deck, that extends above the bridge, offering guests an unforgettable swimming experience, with crocodiles, buffalos, hippos and even elephants a few meters below.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.