- Cocooned in luxury, Morukuru Ocean House is an exclusive use, private beach lodge situated on the pristine beaches of De Hoop Nature Reserve, one of South Africa’s most beautiful coastal regions and the best location for land-based whale watching.
- With interior décor inspired by the magnificent sand dunes and their fynbos vegetation, the four double suites all boast ensuite bathrooms with vast glass doors looking out onto the ocean. A children’s bedroom keeps younger guests entertained with television and a selection of board games.
- A magnificent private swimming pool is situated in the sheltered patio; the seaview is beautiful when looking through the large open plan dining area while romantic fireplaces create a cosy atmosphere on cooler nights.
- Open plan lounge areas invite the whole family to relax, while delicious meals prepared by the private chef are served in the spacious dining areas or on the beach.
- Use the state-of-the-art telescope to gaze out onto some of Africa’s most magnificent night skies.
- Your private butler to arrange an indulgent spa treatment for you.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The Southern Right whale has made the De Hoop Reserve in South Africa one of the world’s best land based whale-watching areas. This marine protected area is a World Heritage Site and one of the world’s most important nurseries for this endangered mammal. During the winter months (July to November), Southern Right whales come so close to the shoreline that our Ocean House guests can relax on the un-spoilt sand dunes or from our amazing viewing deck and watch in awe as these beautiful creatures calve, blow, breach and belly-flop. Our Morukuru Ocean House guide will guide you to the best viewing points and share all his expertise and knowledge on these remarkable creatures with you.
Get the De Hoop Feeling, whilst driving in your private safari vehicle, with the wind in your hair and the amazing beauty of ocean, the beach and the delicate fynbos. Discover all the flowers and pristine wilderness. Our Morukuru Private Guide will guide you and your family/friends through a informative fynbos safari experience.
Either Walking or biking within the De Hoop reserve will give you the feeling of being embraced by endless peace and beauty. Wild Fynbos gardens, walking through the pristine while sand dunes with the view and the sound of the Ocean will make you feel refreshed. Among you more than 1500 plants species in the area, bontebok, eland, cape mountain zebra, baboons, red hartebeest ostrich and of course the cape leopard. All tours are under the experienced eye of your Morukuru Guide. We welcome children of all ages at Ocean House.
The day has come to an end, the silence and the wonderful horizon will embrace you. When it gets darker you will start noticing the soft little twinkling in the sky another heaven on earth will appear. Slowly watch the sky turning into a playground of lights.
Cocooned in utmost luxury, adrift in your own 4-bedroom oceanfront home within one of Africa’s most beautiful & pristine coastal reserves: the 36 000-ha De Hoop Nature Reserve. De Hoop offers 51km of pristine white beaches and dunes lapped by the Indian Ocean, as well as limestone cliffs, rock pools, wetlands, coastal fynbos and the reserve is home to more than 260 species of birds. With interior décor inspired by the magnificent sand dunes and their fynbos vegetation, the four double suites all boast ensuite bathrooms with vast glass doors looking out onto the ocean. A children’s bedroom keeps younger guests entertained with television and a selection of board games.
A magnificent private pool is situated in the sheltered patio,the seaview is beautiful when looking through the large open plan dining area while romantic fireplaces create a cosy atmosphere on cooler nights. Open plan lounge areas invite the whole family to relax, while delicious meals prepared by the private chef are served in the spacious dining areas. Expert guides help plan tailormade activities before and during your trip – guided walks, nature drives, mountain biking, whale watching, sand boarding, snorkelling or beach games. Plus, there’s a private safari vehicle for spotting land-based game around the reserve (ostrich, antelope and more).
Morukuru Ocean House can accommodate 8 adults & 4 children (all ages are welcome!). The 4 suites all have their own en-suite bathrooms and glass doors overlooking the ocean. The interior design is inspired by the surrounding fynbos dunes and is of the highest quality.
The 4 double suites all have their own en-suite bathroom with beautiful glass doors overlooking the ocean. A sparkling pool, delicious food, lovely drinks served by your personal butler, your own private and interactive kitchen with your very own chef, open plan lounge & indoor and outdoor dining areas.
A sparkling pool, delicious food, lovely drinks served by your personal butler, your own private kitchen with chef, open plan lounge areas, dining areas, garden with amazing views, romantic fireplaces and more.
Open plan lounge areas invite the whole family to relax, while delicious meals prepared by the private chef and served by the butler in the spacious dining main area, in your suite or on the beach.
Morukuru House is yours to enjoy, there is a large pool at the front of the house overlooking the ocean, where you can relax and enjoy the views. The lounge area is extremely comfortable and there is a fireplace for the cooler evenings. Alternatively, for the warmer days, the lounge area can be opened up so the sea breezes cool the house.
There is a large pool at the front of the Morukuru House overlooking the ocean, where you can relax and enjoy the views.