- A small, exclusive big five lodge, offering plenty of extras, from sundowner cruises and fine dining to a spa and historic connections: Nelson Mandela’s former villa lies in the 12,000-hectare reserve. Shambala Private Game Reserve is built in traditional Zulu style with streams from the nearby river running through the camp.
- Zulu Camp at the Reserve offers you the extraordinary experience of staying in traditional honeycomb-shaped chalets in the heart of the bushveld. Member of the prestigious Leading Hotels of The World Collection.
- From early morning wake-up calls for a sunrise safari to organising a sundowner cruise, your personal Butler will cater to your every need.
- Our chefs will share their ideas for the day’s menu with you, tailoring the dishes to your preferences and desires. Dine on the deck overlooking the river that is home to many animal species.
- The Shambala Spa is a unique, intimate wellness retreat situated in a secluded bush clearing along the riverside. A warm welcome awaits you at the Spa, with individualised Spa treatments for relaxing, revitalising and rejuvenating the senses.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Situated on 10,000 hectares in the Limpopo Province, a mere 2½ hour drive or 45 minute helicopter ride from Johannesburg, Zulu Camp at Shambala Private Game Reserve is set under the watchful guardianship of the picturesque, malaria-free Waterberg mountains, and the magnificent African bushveld is home to a variety of flora and fauna including The Big Five. Whether you discover it in the bush, the mountains or the silence; whether you feel it in the air or see it in the magnificent, proud wildlife of this land, your own paradise is here, deep within the heart and soul of Shambala. Each of our 8 chalets is decorated in elegant Afro-French Provincial style, with a double bed dressed in the finest linens, French armoire and full-length mirror, with direct dial satellite phone. The luxurious bathroom with bath and shower leads out to a refreshing outdoor shower on the private deck overlooking the surrounding bushveld.
Zulu Camp is built in traditional Zulu style with streams from the nearby river running through the camp. Your adventure starts as you stand on the deck overlooking the river that is home to many animal species. The sound of birdcalls echo across the water, and in the late afternoon you might hear the plaintive call of the fish eagle as the hippos return to wallow in the river. A supper beneath the stars at a long, candle-lit table by a fire in the circular boma is the best dining experience here; South African sausages, beef and lamb sizzle on the grill served alongside a buffet loaded with salads and fresh veg. Coffee and homemade cookies are available in the main lodge before a sunrise game drive, later it’s back to base to tuck into brunch – a wide assortment from salmon and granola to cured meats and cheeses.