- As the original Singita lodge, Ebony stands steadfast amongst enormous trees on the banks of the Sand River in the heart of South Africa’s big cat country.
- Great area for leopard sightings with game drives boasting some of the best safari guides in South Africa.
- Sit and watch the animals drinking from the river right in front of the lodge.
- The lodge comprises 12 spacious, luxurious suites, each with its own private plunge pool, outdoor showers and butler service.
- The lodge takes safari design and style to a new level with a fresh and contemporary interpretation of the classic safari lodge, combining tented camp and bush lodge style. Guests are immersed in nature with huge open spaces and interiors inspired by a combination of local tribal culture and the animal kingdom.
- Extensive wine cellar with South Africa’s top wines and an in-house sommelier choosing the best wines to accompany Ebony’s magnificient cuisine.
- Be pampered at the signature Singita spa, offering an extensive range of treatments.
- Huge selection of activities includes community tours, mountain biking and archery.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Your expert guide and tracker will accompany you as you track animals on foot through the wilderness and explore the magnificent plants and landscapes around you.
As the original Singita lodge, Ebony stands steadfast amongst enormous trees on the banks of the Sand River in the heart of South Africa’s big cat country. The lodge takes safari design and style to a new level with a fresh and contemporary interpretation of the classic safari lodge, combining tented camp and bush lodge style. Guests are immersed in nature with huge open spaces and interiors inspired by a combination of local tribal culture and the animal kingdom. Singita Ebony Lodge, located on the Sand River, is a fresh and contemporary interpretation of the classic safari lodge, combining tented camp and bush lodge style.
Inspired by the romance and adventure of tented camps, explorers’ abodes and campaign furniture, Ebony’s interiors are enhanced by the lustre of well-polished ebony and mahogany woods and natural fibres in cool tones. All this is brought to life by the rich, golden glow of old brass, hand-woven baskets, traditional khaki and beige tent canvas and exposed thatch. The lodge comprises 12 suites, each with its own private plunge pool. External walls have been almost completely removed and replaced by canvas and glass to create new safari tent-style suites to maximise views and space, and allow guests to be immersed in nature. Outdoor pavilion decks – ideal for dining and relaxing – are suspended off the river banks as if hanging in the trees.
Singita Ebony Lodge comprises 12 suites, each with its own private plunge pool. Interiors feature curated still-life collections of antiques and artefacts, as well as vintage campaign furniture from the Bailes’ family collection. Materials like wood, iron, steel and aged bronze hark back to the 19th century, along with oversized sepia photography, glamorous leopard and zebra print upholstery that complements bold graphic tribal patterned murals. Internal and external walls have been replaced by canvas and glass to create safari tent-style suites to maximise views and space.
The entire front wall of each suite between the bedroom and the veranda is made of glass allowing light to flood in. Outdoor pavilion decks – ideal for dining and relaxing – are suspended above the river banks as if hanging from the trees. A beautiful marble and cast iron table is the furniture centrepiece for this concept – it is a traveller’s desk with smart tools, a private dining room table for entertaining or a bar to enjoy an evening gin & tonic in one.
- 8 x suites ideal for singles and couples traveling together. One inter-leading unit is available for groups traveling together.
- 2 x Lewis suites ideal for families with teenage children. The suites are right next to each other and within close proximity to the main lodge area.
- 2 x family suites ideal for families with small children. The family suites include an en-suite master bedroom and an en-suite twin bedroom as well as a dining and lounge veranda area with a stone fireplace, and a private viewing deck with heated plunge pool.
- 1 x villa comprises the two family suites with access to an additional private lounge, swimming pool and deck area, which connects these two individual suites
Note: Children of all ages are welcome.
Singita Ebony Lodge Luxurious en-suite accommodation, breakfast,lunch and dinner daily, all drinks (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne).
Luxurious en-suite accommodation, breakfast,lunch and dinner daily, all drinks (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, butexcluding French Champagne).We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters. All flights land at Singita’s airstrip located 10 minutes from the lodge..
Tried-and-tested flavour combinations are paired with mouthwatering “superfoods”, making more healthy options than ever available at meal times
This season, our chefs are inspired by juicy heirloom tomatoes, organic maple syrup, local goats cheese, candy-stripe beetroot and all manner of homemade jams, marmalades and chutneys.
- There is a swimming pool in the main lodge area.
- Spa and fitness centre facilities are available.
- Our Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique.
The Singita Ebony wellness philosophy creates an environment for our urban-weary guests to reconnect to nature, revive their senses, restore their body and mind, and explore our African culture. The guests’ spa journey can be performed in the tranquility of the Spa, out on a private deck, or in the comfort of guest suites.
Cool off during the heat of the day in the cool and calming water overlooking the beautiful landscape. You may even catch a glimpse of wildlife from the cool water that overlooks the pristine bushveld.
Fully equipped gyms are available for guests’ convenience. Each facility provides picturesque views of the bush, allowing you to keep an eye on the action outside while you work out.