- The Marine is one of South Africa’s most spectacular seaside hotels. Located on Hermanus’ famous cliff path, overlooking the breathtaking Walker Bay in the Western Cape’s Overberg region, this Small Luxury Hotels of the World property is the ultimate location for whale watching during our whale season – most often directly from the comfort of the sea view bedrooms.
- This hotel is the grande dame of Hermanus, offering gracious accommodation, superb dining, great service and the best bed-based whale watching in town – the sea-view rooms are so close, and the bay below so deep, that you can actually hear the whales, let alone see them.
- Offering guests an experience beyond expectation, here luxury accommodation options abound, culinary journeys are crafted and memorable moments shine through.
- Overlooking South Africa’s most pristine whale sanctuary, The Marine offers guests the opportunity to experience the finest land-based whale watching in the world. The hotel also provides the perfect base from which to explore and enjoy a host of other activities. We are only a stone’s throw from one of the greatest densities of the famous, endangered Great White Shark, as well as Cape Agulhas and the Winelands. From nature walks, hikes and mountain bike trails, to arts & crafts and festivals & markets, you can expect an exciting, invigorating holiday for the whole family.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
A beautiful clifftop retreat on South Africa’s rugged Hermanus coast. Look out over Walker Bay from The Marine and you’ll soon see why this boutique beachside retreat is so special. You might see waves crashing against the rocks below or get to watch the sun set over the shimmering ocean. But if you come during June and December, you may also get a glimpse of the Southern Right Whales from the comfort of your room. Even if you’re not here during whale-watching season, the hotel – from the bright, airy suites to the touches of blue in the decor – makes the very most of its incredible coastal location. Executive chef Tronette Dippenaar draws on fresh local produce from the Overberg region in the soulful Origins restaurant. And then there’s the full-service Carchele Beauty Spa, perfect for an indulgent massage or rejuvenating facial.
This is a seaside haven with a history, too. Discover the museums, art galleries and quirky bookshops in nearby Hermanus. The Fernkloof Nature Reserve is ideal for plant enthusiasts, hikers and family picnics, and places like Grotto Beach are great if you have little ones in tow. But chances are that whale watching is going to be top of your agenda. Get closer to these gentle giants, as well as seals, dolphins and penguins, on a boat tour from Hermanus. Or see it all from above with a magnificent flight over the bay.