- One of the south coast’s best resort-style boutique hotels, The Fortress has an incredible position on a long stretch of sandy Indian Ocean beachfront near Koggala. The staff are warm and hospitable, rooms are spacious and there is a very child-friendly swimming pool.
- Step beyond the amber-coloured walls of The Fortress Resort & Spa and you’ll think you’ve struck gold. Designed in the style of a historic fort, this exclusive beach retreat encircles lush gardens and luxurious features. Inside you’ll find a heavenly Ayurveda spa, Yoga pavilion, an inviting free-flowing pool and a selection of restaurants. With the glittering Indian Ocean just beyond, The The Fortress Resort & Spa feels like an undiscovered treasure.
- Each room comes with a private terrace or balcony, while suites promise individual plunge pools and butler service. Expect enormous beds, crisp white fabrics and ultra-modern furnishings. Spend your days on a stylish lounger beside the pool, as the waves lap at the beach just below. Then experience utter bliss with a signature ‘water therapy in the exotic surrounds of the hotel spa. By night, feast on fresh seafood, Sri Lankan spiced dishes or Mediterranean menus – with chilled cocktails afterwards.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
A fusion of Dutch and Portuguese styles, The Fortress is stylish, luxurious and right on the beach. Close to the fortified city of Galle, this beachfront hotel echoes the city’s charming architecture with immense gates, white-washed walls and an extensive courtyard. This is the focal point of the resort, with many people enjoying the cooler air and pretty gardens located within. Here you’ll also find the spa, known for its range of Ayurvedic treatments and water therapies. There are two restaurants to choose from – White, the all-day venue specialising in innovative Sri Lankan cuisine and international dishes, and Salty Snapper which serves seafood al fresco in the resort’s garden. For a special occasion, Duo is a romantic fine dining venue which has walls that are lined with floor-to-ceiling wine racks. There are also two lounges, one serving a variety of local teas and the other serving cocktails, including some that are infused with tea.
Rooms are spacious and modern and some even come with a private plunge pool; as a Kuoni guest, you’ll get a guaranteed upgrade to the next room type if you travel from April to July and or September to October. Fortress Rooms have an enclosed terrace or balcony with a view over a walled area. We highly recommend upgrading to an Ocean Room or a Beach Room for great views. Beach Rooms are on the ground floor with direct access to the pool and beach area. The Beach Splash Rooms are located on the ground floor and feature an indoor plunge pool which overlooks the resort’s gardens and beach.
A tranquil hideaway on the banks of Koggala Lake. Sleeping up to 30 guests in eleven stylish suites and villas, and catering for up to 100, Tri is the perfect location for celebrations large and small. Experience uninterrupted lake views, private open-air plunge pools and our cosy, romantic guest rooms in the cinnamon-wood-covered hilltop water tower.
From lake to table, and garden to plate, dining at Tri is as organic and seasonal as it gets. The guiding culinary concept under chef Neil Wager’s expertise is fresh Sri Lankan fusion: contemporary, creative dishes that are as delicious and appealing as they are nutritious and local, all presented on unique handmade crockery. Food and drink is a highlight of staying at Tri – for guests of the hotel and those keen to visit us for lunch or dinner. Light snacks are available by the pool and in your villa.
The relaxed living room menu offers a fusion of Sri Lankan and international cuisines throughout the day, from a trio of mini hoppers and short eats to platters of fresh local sushi. The restaurant boasts an ever-changing multi-course menu of seasonal produce and local dishes. Starting with kurrakan roti and cashew nut butter, guests are invited on a gastronomic journey of local flavours, from a maldive fish hopper amuse-bouche to Tri cinnamon quail or lagoon crab curry, finishing with smoked wattalapam panna cotta or soursop doughnut for dessert. Each delicious dinner ends with a selection of Sri Lanka’s purest silver- and gold-tip teas.
The yoga shala is an elegant, elevated retreat space for the physical and spiritual practice of Quantum Yoga. This powerful platform offers individualised and dynamic self-healing through yoga, breath and meditation.
Wellbeing at Tri is rather special. Overlooking the treetops, the two treatment rooms with cool white terrazzo walls, natural slate floors and large windows, and sheltered relaxation space, promise tranquility in which to enjoy expert Ayurvedic and other therapies.
Light and airy, the spa comprises two ensuite treatment rooms with cool white terrazzo walls, natural slate floors and large windows that catch the breeze and overlook the treetops. A sheltered relaxation area – with handpicked granite flooring and soothing water feature is flanked by stone walls, tall bamboo and banks of scented white flowers. The tranquil steam cavern has white terrazzo walls and an outdoor shower surrounded by nature.
There are some beautiful trails to discover from Tri. Just head out from our gate and follow your nose for some free-wheeling exploration of the countryside. We can also provide guides for some longer rides to the southern coast.
Alive with birds and tiny islands rich in tropical greenery, Koggala Lake in Galle District in the Southern Province feels like you’re the very first to discover this oasis of untouched nature. Take a tour of the lagoon in our boat, find a Buddhist temple and visit cinnamon farmers at their home and the only others you might wave hello to are a fisherman or two on the water. The abundant mangrove-fringed lake provides them with prawns, crabs, fish and even oysters.