- Tri’s serene natural setting on Koggala Lake near Galle makes this an inspiring place for relaxation. Its inventive cuisine is exceptional and the superb spa offers sublime Ayurveda treatments & yoga shala with visiting practitioners.
- The hotel is designed to let nature & yoga inspire, relax and re-energise you, and the tranquility and exclusive feel are major draws.
- 11 elegant and minimalist rooms share superb views of Koggala Lake or the surrounding cinnamon estates and paddy fields.
- Tri’s acclaimed cuisine offers both fusion Sri Lankan dishes & international cuisine infused with local flavours, based on seasonal, organic produce.
- The 21-metre glimmering lake-edge infinity pool cantilevers out towards the lake, with sweeping emerald green views.
- Each guest has a bespoke plan of yoga classes and spa treatments, involving Lara Baumann’s unique Quantum Yoga approach. Classes are held in a treetop yoga shala which you can follow with Ayurvedic massages in the spa. Post-pampering, stop by the steam cavern or the relaxation area, with a gently trickling fountain, white flowers and bamboo.
- Explore & experience the South of Sri Lanka from Tri. Discover the art of Sri Lankan cooking, take a boat trip to Cinnamon Island or to watch blue whales, visit the unique fort at Galle or tour a famous tea estate.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Tri is a whorl of geometric ingenuity and awe-inspiring beauty – Sri Lanka’s first truly contemporary, sustainable luxury design hotel. Mirroring nature’s ubiquitous Golden Ratio, Tri spirals 11 unique suites around an island promontory flanking Sri Lanka’s finest lake. Guided by nature, evolved by aesthetic passion, and fortified by an all-encompassing sustainable philosophy. Living walls, green roofs, solar hot water, recycled wood and entirely local materials unify accommodations and landscape. Sequential spaces emanate from a central water tower that captures spectacular 360-degree views. This tranquil hideaway & wellness eco resort on the banks of Koggala Lake sleeps up to 30 guests in eleven stylish suites and villas. The restaurant boasts an ever-changing multi-course fusion menu of organic seasonal produce and local dishes.
Creative experiences stimulate the spirit and intellect. We proudly showcase Sri Lankan culture and its wealth of natural beauty and human ingenuity. Yoga, Ayurveda and other holistic treatments, as well as all manner of beach and lake activities combine pleasure with fitness and wellbeing. As kind to the body as it is to the environment, guests can practice Qantum yoga in a shala perched above a swaying bamboo forest, detox in the steam cave and enjoy Ayurvedic massages tailored to individual needs. Wellness retreats are organised throughout the year, but for those who prefer an unscheduled approach to relaxation, the infinity pool is surrounded by a lounging deck with inspiring lake views, kayaks are provided for tranquil paddling, and visits to a cinnamon producing island and tea plantations are offered.
A tranquil hideaway on the banks of Koggala Lake. Sleeping up to 30 guests in eleven stylish suites and villas, and catering for up to 100, Tri is the perfect location for celebrations large and small. Experience uninterrupted lake views, private open-air plunge pools and our cosy, romantic guest rooms in the cinnamon-wood-covered hilltop water tower.
From lake to table, and garden to plate, dining at Tri is as organic and seasonal as it gets. The guiding culinary concept under chef Neil Wager’s expertise is fresh Sri Lankan fusion: contemporary, creative dishes that are as delicious and appealing as they are nutritious and local, all presented on unique handmade crockery. Food and drink is a highlight of staying at Tri – for guests of the hotel and those keen to visit us for lunch or dinner. Light snacks are available by the pool and in your villa.
The relaxed living room menu offers a fusion of Sri Lankan and international cuisines throughout the day, from a trio of mini hoppers and short eats to platters of fresh local sushi. The restaurant boasts an ever-changing multi-course menu of seasonal produce and local dishes. Starting with kurrakan roti and cashew nut butter, guests are invited on a gastronomic journey of local flavours, from a maldive fish hopper amuse-bouche to Tri cinnamon quail or lagoon crab curry, finishing with smoked wattalapam panna cotta or soursop doughnut for dessert. Each delicious dinner ends with a selection of Sri Lanka’s purest silver- and gold-tip teas.
The yoga shala is an elegant, elevated retreat space for the physical and spiritual practice of Quantum Yoga. This powerful platform offers individualised and dynamic self-healing through yoga, breath and meditation.
Wellbeing at Tri is rather special. Overlooking the treetops, the two treatment rooms with cool white terrazzo walls, natural slate floors and large windows, and sheltered relaxation space, promise tranquility in which to enjoy expert Ayurvedic and other therapies.
Light and airy, the spa comprises two ensuite treatment rooms with cool white terrazzo walls, natural slate floors and large windows that catch the breeze and overlook the treetops. A sheltered relaxation area – with handpicked granite flooring and soothing water feature is flanked by stone walls, tall bamboo and banks of scented white flowers. The tranquil steam cavern has white terrazzo walls and an outdoor shower surrounded by nature.
There are some beautiful trails to discover from Tri. Just head out from our gate and follow your nose for some free-wheeling exploration of the countryside. We can also provide guides for some longer rides to the southern coast.
Alive with birds and tiny islands rich in tropical greenery, Koggala Lake in Galle District in the Southern Province feels like you’re the very first to discover this oasis of untouched nature. Take a tour of the lagoon in our boat, find a Buddhist temple and visit cinnamon farmers at their home and the only others you might wave hello to are a fisherman or two on the water. The abundant mangrove-fringed lake provides them with prawns, crabs, fish and even oysters.