- This stunning, family orientated boutique hotel sits within a beautifully landscaped three acre walled garden of tropical plants, fruit and spice trees. Here you can experience luxury with informality – a home away from home where no request is too small.
- Our team of friendly staff have been trained to give you the best service possible. Our food is delicious and can cater for all, whether you’re looking for Sri Lankan, Western or Asian food.
- Facilities include a large salt water swimming pool set amidst tropical gardens; Ayurvedic and Aromatherapy massages, and yoga class if booked. On several evenings special events including traditional folk dance and music take place.
- The picturesque property can sleep up to 24 guests in 10 double en-suite rooms, all with private terraces. Each individually designed room has free Wi-Fi, mini fridge and a luxuriously built en-suite bathroom.
- A short walk or tuk tuk ride will take you to the spectacular Dalawella Beach, a beautiful lagoon created by a protective reef means safe swimming throughout the year. And we are 15 minutes from the extraordinary UNESCO world heritage site of Galle Fort.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
With music, dancers, traditional costumes, fire breathers, tumblers and more, this short event, which is usually arranged to take place prior to dinner, is not to be missed and gives a brief glimpse at the spectacle of Sri Lanka’s dazzling performers and history.
And with a cricket bat and ball on site…the staff will never turn down a friendly game with the children! All activities can be planned in advance or arranged when at the hotel, any of the Why House team will be happy to help.
This beautiful boutique hotel is situated within a stunning and landscaped three acre private walled garden of tropical plants, fruit and spice trees – as well as being only short walk from the beautiful beach of Wijaya and a fifteen minute drive to the world heritage site Galle Fort. The friendly staff have been handpicked and trained to give you the best service possible. The head chef is excellent and can cater for all needs, either with delicious traditional Sri Lankan dishes or for Western palates. This picturesque property can sleep a maximum of 22 guests, with 10 double en-suite rooms with private terraces. Each individually designed room has satellite TV and DVD player (with film library), mini bar, safe and luxuriously built en suite bathrooms. An entertainment and outside dining pavilion, together with the largest swimming pool in Galle, are available to all guests while being surrounded by the extensive landscaped gardens.
There are an abundance of activities that can be organised to keep you busy: from deep sea fishing and whale watching to nature walk and tours of the historic Galle Fort, ayurvedic treatments and massages in the Spa area to relaxing by the pool with a cocktail. We have four styles of accommodation, the Main House Suites, Garden Villa rooms the Cabanas and the Garden Bungalow. A short walk or tuk tuk ride will take you to the spectacular Dalawella Beach, a beautiful lagoon created by a protective reef means safe swimming throughout the year. And we are 15 minutes from the extraordinary UNESCO world heritage site of Galle Fort.
Why House can sleep up to 24 guests in ten double en-suite rooms with private garden or pool view terraces. Each individually designed room comes with air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, mini fridge and a luxurious en-suite bathroom. Individual rooms, or the Main House and Garden Villa in their entirety, can be booked independently, or the whole property taken on an exclusive basis.
We have two suites in the main house which has a large split king bed with an ante room which can accommodate two extra single beds, perfect if you want to be close to but not share a bedroom with your children. This is available for those with children between the ages of 3 and 12, cots for infants are available and will be provided with no extra charge. An over-sized bathroom with large walk in shower makes this a perfect room for families.
We have two Cabanas, each comprising of split king beds sleeping a maximum of 2 people. Styled with comfort in mind, they are completely private and have a sheltered walkway to the bathroom of equal size. Both come with views overlooking the garden and rice paddy fields. Perfect for couples wanting quiet privacy.
We have three spacious rooms in the Garden Villa, all of which have their own veranda. Two rooms can be interconnecting, perfect for family groups : A large room which can accommodate two adults and two children, and a slightly smaller room which can accommodate two adults and one child.
The Garden Bungalow opened in March 2018 which consist of two large rooms both with en-suite. They can be booked individually, or booked as a family as the rooms are interconnecting with one room having split queen sized beds.
Our food reflects the cosmopolitan tastes of our guests and we adapt our menus to suit your needs. We purchase daily to ensure fresh quality produce, and with everything made by our in house team we pride ourselves on a ‘can do’ approach to our hospitality. We serve food family-style as much as possible to allow flexibility, and we have a childrens menu available. Speciality dishes include Lebanese, Thai, Seafood BBQ, Singapore Noodles and for those days where it’s all too much, a roast chicken with roasted potatoes and bread sauce! We are a licensed premises with fully stocked bar serving delicious cocktails and a small wine selection that has been well chosen by Henrietta.
Facilities include a large salt water swimming pool set amidst tropical gardens; Ayurvedic and Aromatherapy massages, and yoga class if booked. On several evenings special events including traditional folk dance and music take place. Why House also has a tuk-tuk for guests wishing to explore the surrounding area. The beaches of Thalpe are a short distance away, as well as neighbouring Galle.
There is plenty to do at Why House whether its lazing by the pool, enjoying cooking lessons or exploring the local area by bicycle.
Enjoy an ayurvedic spa treatment in our outdoor massage room located in the garden. Surrounded by tropical plants and bird calls. The true way to relax whilst on your holidays.