- A stay at at this Zermatt landmark hotel, Grand Hotel Zermatterhof is like a fairytale, starting with the horse-drawn carriage that transfers you in style from Zermatt station. Step back in time as you enter in to this traditional and elegant hotel, which delivers a distinguished blend of historic charm and modern elegance through period features and contemporary luxuries.
- Indulge in meals at the three enchanting restaurants, enjoy the convivial atmosphere at the two sophisticated bars overlooking the village or the inspiring Matterhorn, and feel revitalized after a treatment in the tranquil Vita Borni Alpine Spa. Swill bliss is yours here at this alluring hotel full of charm.
- The hotel is home to 69 cozy guestrooms and suites, some with fireplaces and balconies.
- Get an invigorating massage in the Alpine Spa’s ice grotto.
- Work out in the gym before heading out for outdoor adventures.
- Sip homemade hot chocolate in front of Ruden Bar’s fireplace or a cocktail at Stars Bar.
- Explore the Matterhorn’s Italian side with canapés and Campari on the terrace.
- Visit the fondue restaurant for a sweet treat and savor cheeses from the Valais region.
- Groom the hotel’s Lipizzaner horses for an unforgettable experience.
- Relaxation facilities include a spacious pool, whirlpool, saunascape with sauna, steam bath, alpine grotto and ice grotto, or indulge yourself with a revitalising massage or beauty treatment in the spa.
- There are two bars ideal for either getting cosy in front of the fire with a afternoon coffee and cake or drinking cocktails late into the evening while listening to the tinkling piano in the background.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Ski the Matterhorn before anyone else is out of bed! Take the lift on a Thursday morning with the pisteurs and have the entire mountain to yourself (and maybe a few friends).
If you are flying into Switzerland and taking the train to your chosen destination, take the hassle of struggling with all those extra bags and FlyRail them all the way to the railway station, where they can be collected at your leisure.
Billed as the highest glacier palace in the world, this ethereal attraction is well worth a visit. Mysterious sounds accompany you as you discover this glacial world, and there’s even an ice slide.
Enjoy a helicopter tour around the mighty Matterhorn, take in all the breathtaking views of the most imposing mountain in Switzerland, land on the Unterrothorn to enjoy lunch at a mountain restaurant, before skiing back down.
Take in a bird’s-eye view of the wonder of the Matterhorn with a helicopter tour in Zermatt, Switzerland. A thrilling sightseeing flight, ideal for a special occasion or treat.
Visit Zermatt’s igloo village at the top of the Gornergrat railway, at 2,727m. A unique experience to dine or even sleep overnight in an igloo.
An exhilarating and spectacular view of the winter wonderland that is Zermatt and the Matterhorn from the heady heights of paragliding. Tandem flights are available throughout the winter months with different take off points around the resort.
Try to find time to visit Zermatlantis – an underground museum close to the church which gives you a fascinating historic tour of the village.
The five-star Zermatterhof is an elegant hotel with a setting and service that will not fail to make an impression. Epitomising traditional Alpine elegance, the Zermatterhof has a refined and glamorous atmosphere and good spa facilities. One of Zermatt’s original hotels, the Zermatterhof has a refined ambience and oozes elegance at every turn. The rooms and suites are generally traditional in style, however, many have recently been given a make over to cleverly combine old and new. Situated in the centre of the village and enjoying fantastic views of the Matterhorn, it is positioned back from the main high street in its own gardens. From the moment you arrive this hotel exudes traditional style.
The Zermatterhof, as part of the Matterhorn Group offers a culinary pass which guests can purchase and use it to dine at any one of the several restaurants in the group. At the Zermatterhof the day starts with a hearty breakfast in the Prato Borni restaurant which also offers a wide choice of French and Italian specialities in the evening. Al fresco dining at sunset or by candlelight is possible at the Lusi restaurant which serves light cuisine with a Mediterranean touch or cheese lovers have to visit the saycheese! restaurant. There are 2 bars ideal for relaxing with a cocktail by the fire or listening to the pianist.
There are 43 rooms and 35 suites, which are fairly traditional in style. Single and double rooms offer high-comfort, and luxurious suites offer additional privacy. Some rooms have a balcony with magical views of the Matterhorn and others boast their own fireplace and Jacuzzi bath. All the rooms are equipped with direct-dial telephone, radio, satellite TV, free Wifi, minibar, safe and hairdryer. Some rooms also have their own fireplace and a Jacuzzi bath. Most rooms have a balcony with a view of the majestic Matterhorn. All guest rooms except the single rooms now have Nespresso coffee machines – perfect for that caffeine hit first thing in the morning!
The smallest of the big ones, but also here is everything you could wish for, often even the direct view of the Matterhorn.
Sometimes it may be something more. Space is luxury in Zermatt and you have it here. Maybe not enough to dance, but safe enough to relax and just to be.
Modern furnished and comfortable single room with queen bed.
Enjoying a glass of wine in the bathtub, lazing on the sofa, watching the sunset behind the Matterhorn on the balcony.
Feels like being in your own chalet, under the roof with separate access and plenty of space. You feel so comfortable here that you may not even want to go outside. That would be a pity, but it is completely understandable.
Surrounded by light and the scent of local pine, the perfect place to enjoy sweet idleness.
Breakfast in bed, soak up the sun on the balcony, read a book in front of the flickering fire in the open fireplace. Luxury, warmth and space for holiday dreams.
At the Zermatterhof the Prato Borni restaurant offers a large breakfast buffet and a wide choice of French and Italian specialities. Al fresco dining at sunset or by candlelight is possible at the Brasserie Lusi Plaza which serves light cuisine with a Mediterranean touch. For cheese enthusiasts the saycheese! restaurant offers superb fondues. A children’s menu is provided and is the same for all the restaurants at the Zermatterhof. There are two bars ideal for either getting cosy in front of the fire with a afternoon coffee and cake or drinking cocktails late into the evening while listening to the tinkling piano in the background. There is also a smokers lounge which offers fine cigars and spirits.
Alpine Gourmet Prato Borni
The Grand Hotel Zermatterhof offers three restaurants with very different cuisines: the Alpine Gourmet Prato Borni, the Brasserie Lusi and the Käsestübli saycheese!
Lusi Brasserie & Lounge
The perfect place for those who like it uncomplicated. On the menu are the highlights of French brasserie cuisine and international classics.
It is cozy in the small cheese shop. The cheese, which has been refined with great expertise and attention to detail, is prepared and served with passion.
The right place to review the day and celebrate the night. And the moment will be unforgettable memory.
The Smokers Lounge at the Stars Bar is open all day. Black leather and the fireplace invite you to linger. Of course you can also enjoy drinks from the bar here. For a fine cigar, a nice cognac or an old whiskey make especially good.
Spa facilities include a spacious pool, whirlpool, saunascape with sauna, steam bath, alpine grotto and ice grotto, or indulge yourself with a revitalising massage or beauty treatment.
Relax after skiing in the large pool and whirlpool, or re-energise in the ice grotto.
The atmosphere of well-being in our spa reflects the world of the Alps. The name is “Vita Borni” program: life from the source, source of life. The natural purity of the mountains is combined with the healing properties of the water. Stimulate heat and cold.
Come for a workout in our modern gym. Train your stamina or do something for muscle growth. For every need there is the right device.