- Alex Walker’s Serian – a collection of charismatic, exclusive and intimate bush camps in the prime wildernesses of East Africa. Amongst the most authentic in East Africa, they flaunt a sense of spirited style & character.
- We operate and outfit safaris, and our focus is on offering you access to the magic of the bush in a rich variety of ways.
- Our clients have exclusive use of their safari vehicle for day and night game drives at no extra cost, and on top of that, bush walks, bush picnics, flycamping, photography, ballooning with champagne breakfast – the list goes on.
- Serian’s Serengeti is a mobile camp, and from mid-December to May, we set up on the southernmost extreme of the Serengeti’s short grass plains: prime position to spectate the wildebeest birthing season.
- 1.8 million wildebeest giving birth to 3-400,000 calves in the space of 3-4 weeks, and all of the predators feasting on this glut of prey.
- Easy access from here to the Serengeti Plains, but also only two hours from the incredible Ngorongoro Crater.
- 6 spacious and comfortable tents with a view over the wildebeest calving grounds. Each has an en-suite bathroom with a flushing toilet and bucket shower.
- Incredible wildlife, unbeatable guiding and an awesome range of activities make this one of our top picks in the Serengeti.
- Off-road driving, night drives and the opportunity to walk with Hadzabe hunter-gatherers make this a very special place.
- Close to Seketeti Escarpment, a 3,000 ft dropoff to Lake Eyasi, which we use as our flycamping spot.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Explore the vast grasslands of the Serengeti with your safari guide on game drives in the early morning and late afternoon. This is one of the most famous national parks in Africa, and it’s easy to see why.
Soar over the Serengeti’s savannah plains in a hot air balloon at dawn, watching wildlife beneath you & finishing with a champagne bush breakfast.
One of Africa’s most iconic moments – the migration of two million wildebeest, zebras and gazelles around the Serengeti-Maasai Mara ecosystem.
Serian’s Serengeti South operates between December and April in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. It’s perfect for exploring the Serengeti’s Southern Plains. This is the place to experience the wildebeest calving season at its height. Serian’s six tented Serengeti South camp operates across the wildebeest calving season in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area between December and April. This is an authentic and stylish bush camp in an area which over the season receives well over a million wildebeest feeding on the short grasses of these southern plains.
Enjoy the exclusive safari experience offered by Serian in this phenomenal wilderness area with your private vehicle, guide and spotter team. Multiple sets of eyes are always a benefit in the bush, and the acute senses of the fantastic team at Serian will ensure you don’t miss a thing when out exploring.The location of this camp presents visitors with a variety of experiences. While the huge herds and their young claves are the obvious focus at this time of year, you are also only a 2-hour drive to the spectacular Ngorongoro Crater.
The communal areas of camp are found in a pleasant mess tent. One side contains the lounge, with lots of comfy chairs, plush sofas, a few plump pouffes, a chunky coffee table, a selection of books, floor cushions, snug rugs… and a telescope for viewing passing wildlife! The other side is home to Serengeti South’s dining area, which has a large round table surrounded by directors’ chairs. The bar is situated between the lounge and dining areas. Outside, the fire pit is a short distance from the mess tent, and there are a few further seating spaces dotted around the site, perfect for relaxing and enjoying those breathtaking vistas over the plains!
Serengeti South’s guest accommodation consists of six tents, all positioned well apart for privacy and also in the shade of trees. Each has a private veranda, featuring a very comfortable daybed and, of course, superb views! Inside, there is a large wrought-iron double bed, two bedside tables with lamps, a writing desk and chair, and lots of storage space. Floor rugs add to the overall sumptuous feel. The en-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, washstand with basin and mirror, and classic bucket shower!
The other side of communal areas is home to Serengeti South’s dining area, which has a large round table surrounded by directors’ chairs.
Outside, the fire pit is a short distance from the mess tent, and there are a few further seating spaces dotted around the site, perfect for relaxing and enjoying those breathtaking vistas over the plains!
Nearly fifty staff make sure that you are looked after in regal style throughout your safari with Serian. Enjoy a hot cup of tea with your morning wake-up call from the warmth of your own bed. Marvel at the creations of the chefs who will tailor their menu to your own tastes. Enjoy the atmospheric setting of the comfortable mess tent, or soak in the Serengeti itself with starlit dinners close to the camp fire.