- Time is precious. At Chem Chem, we embrace each moment and awaken all your senses. Explore this remarkable wilderness on daily game drives, or step out to see, smell and hear nature around you on foot. If you’re feeling energetic, lace up your trainers to run with the Maasai. Or, slow down; be pampered in camp with fine meals while watching the activity of wildlife all around you. However you choose to fill your time, our gracious team ensure every moment is cherished.
- Relax on the tranquil shores of Lake Manyara, a drink in hand, after an exciting day exploring the bush. Gather your thoughts and appreciate the day that has been, as you watch the sun set and the first stars appear.
- Over time, both trust and respect are built between human and wild animal. Chem Chem, a safe haven with good food and water, offers exceptional viewing of magnificent big tuskers that call the concession home.
- Discover the wilderness through the eyes of those who have lived it and breathed it for centuries: the Maasai. Walk alongside a Maasai warrior in a rare opportunity to learn how this tribe live alongside wild animals.
- The tale of Chem Chem begins with a love for wide-open skies and Africa’s wild spaces. But it’s also a tale of adventure, and of finding the courage to seek a new path. To step away from all one knows and create a more fulfilling life, one with more meaning and less frenzy.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Day & Night Safari game drives, Safari walks, Sundowners above the gorge, breakfast in the Savannah, lunch on the sandbanks, evening meals under the stars.
The Datoga are a nomadic herding tribe, known as great warriors and one of the oldest tribes in Tanzania. Visit in the late afternoon to watch the livestock being herded back into the safety of the boma, as everyone gathers to sing and welcome them..
Soar over the Serengeti’s savannah plains in a hot air balloon at dawn, watching wildlife beneath you & finishing with a champagne bush breakfast.
The Hadza is a traditional hunter-gatherer tribe, one of the last of such tribes in Tanzania. A day spent walking with them, foraging for food and hearing their stories is both fascinating and humbling.
One of Africa’s most iconic moments – the migration of two million wildebeest, zebras and gazelles around the Serengeti-Maasai Mara ecosystem.
In an ancient landscape lies a place where time seems to slow. Where long hours are filled with delight and discovery, and your sense of wonder is restored. A place where fleeting moments become lifelong memories. Where cultures are shared and traditions celebrated. That place, is Chem Chem. Bordered by the flamingo-filled shores of Lake Manyara in the west, and the lush landscape of Tarangire National Park to the east, Chem Chem rests effortlessly on a 20 000-hectare wildlife concession in northern Tanzania. Protecting a vital migratory corridor and Wildlife Management Area, Chem Chem conserves a remarkable wilderness while offering visitors the unique opportunity to slow down with the rhythm of Africa. Chem Chem embraces slow safari. Here you will find just three intimate lodges – Chem Chem Lodge, Little Chem Chem and Forest Chem Chem – sharing this wilderness with the big tuskers and proud Maasai.
Fill your days with exploration and discovery, as our expert local guides introduce you to this extraordinary corner of the continent. Walk with giraffes, marvel at ancient baobabs, embrace serenity and wellness, sip sundowners overlooking the Rift Valley, and discover the rich culture of the Maasai people. Our three memorable lodges will immerse you in the Tanzanian wilderness. Though each is imbued with its own character and charm, they are bound together by the thread of Chem Chem’s warmth and hospitality.