- Serengeti Migration Camp is the embodiment of the ‘camp’ experience. Located next to the famous Grumeti River which is home to resident hippos that bark and wallow their days away, Serengeti Migration Camp has become synonymous with low-impact high-action game viewing in a landscape that is untouched since the dawn of time.
- The main ‘tent’ has a split-level lounge, a swimming pool, restaurant and viewing platforms that offer views across the river and the rugged landscape beyond. But it is the drama and proximity of the wild, which takes the experience of this camp to an altogether higher level.
- The camp has 20 extremely spacious suites, all with a modern colonial decor of dark woods and fine detail making them warm and homely. Each tent has a private 180º decking which allows for some magnificent views of the surrounding Serengeti landscape.
- Uninterrupted game viewing in a quiet and remote location on the path of the Great Migration (April to June and October to December). Day trips to the Mara River to witness a thrilling river crossing.
- Year round game viewing including the Big 5 and over 500 species of bird. Whether it is walking safaris with experienced and highly knowledgeable guides or the sensation of being as close to nature’s daily fight for survival, the sensory feast that accompanies any visit to Serengeti Migration Camp will no doubt rival anything experienced before.
- Internationally renowned for the greatest wildlife spectacle on the planet, The Serengeti National Park is the ultimate ‘wildlife show’ on earth. Across the globe authors and filmmakers have come to document the Annual Migration, but there is still only one way to understand and experience the true magnificence of this natural phenomena and that is to be part of it.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Serengeti Migration camp is situated right in the path of the migration which has recently been coined as The 8th wonder of the world. There is no better place to view this spectacle of monumental proportions. Nowhere else on earth is there a movement of wildlife on such a grand scale. This experience will change the traveller forever, and is an absolute must do.
Day-long game drives are a must in the Serengeti. You can set-off early with champagne picnic breakfast and stay out all day carrying your delectable picnic lunch. You will be delighted and awed by the sheer numbers of game including the big-five.
Arrange for the timeless and inimitable Serengeti Balloon Safari. This is the experience of a lifetime and another must do. This experience must be booked in advance, so please make sure you request it when booking your safari to Serengeti Migration Camp.
On A Great Plains Conservation Adventure Safari Travelers Become Explorers; Venturing Out On Foot Or By Canoe, Experiencing The Bush In The Tradition Of Expeditions Of Old.the Selinda Adventure Trail In Botswana Offers Travelers The Opportunity To Get Out Into The Silence Of The Bush In Remote, Pristine Wilderness Areas. The Selinda Adventure Trail Charts A 3-night/4-day Course, Walking And Canoeing Along The Selinda Spillway And Into The Remote Woodlands Of The Vast 130,000 Hectare Selinda Reserve, Known For Some Of Botswana’s Largest Herds Of Buffalo, Elephant, As Well As Rare Roan Antelope And African Wild Dog.
The views are spectacular, the sunsets and cocktails on the sunset deck are an experience not to be missed.
Internationally renowned for the greatest wildlife spectacle on the planet, The Serengeti National Park located in north-west Tanzania is the ultimate ‘wildlife show’ on earth. Across the globe authors and filmmakers have come to document the Annual Migration of hundreds of thousands of animals, but there is still only one way to understand and experience the true magnificence of this natural phenomena and that is to be part of it. Elewana Serengeti Migration Camp is the embodiment of the ‘camp’ experience. Located next to the famous Grumeti River which is home to resident hippos that bark and wallow their days away, Elewana Serengeti Migration Camp has become synonymous with low-impact high-action game viewing in a landscape that is untouched since the dawn of time. Hidden among the rocky outcrops the camp is located at the starting point of the Migration.
Comprising of 20 luxurious elevated tents, each with spacious and richly furnished bedrooms, blends seamlessly into the environment. Each of the tents is surrounded by its own 360-degree verandah deck, which in turn creates your very own private sanctuary to enjoy the constant game sightings and the ever-present sounds of the bush.
Hidden among the rocky outcrops Serengeti Migration Camp is located at the starting point of the Migration. Comprising of 20 luxurious elevated tents, each with spacious and richly furnished bedrooms, Serengeti Migration Camp blends seamlessly into the environment.
Migration Camp Tents
Migration Camp Tents are designed with the guest’s comfort in mind. Each tent has an en suite shower room with flushing toilet, shower and twin vanity basin, the latter of which receives hot (solar generated) and cold running water 24-hours a day.Migration Camp tented rooms include luxuriant soft furnishings, a writing desk and stationery set and a room fan. The tents have a wooden floor, fixed bathroom walls, fixed wooden doors but all combine with the all-enveloping canvas.
The dining experience at Serengeti Migration Camp is on a separate deck overlooking the Ndasiata Hills and the Grumeti River. Dine under canvas or al-fresco under the brilliant African skies.
Set on another level, adjacent to the pool, is Migration Camp’s dining area. Like the lounge, it is open at the front and has views across the river. Guests dine individually either inside, or outside on the deck at tables shaded by umbrellas during the day.
Below the lounge is the swimming pool which has a shaded deck area, sunloungers and umbrellas. To the side of the pool is a raised deck where sundowner drinks are served around a fire. When we visited in November 2015, a new deck had also just been built on top of the curio shop.