- Luxury camp at Lake Natron near Lengai volcano. Luxury oasis in an extreme environment easily combined with Ngorongoro treks & northern Tanzanian safaris.
- Lake Natron Camp is a unique, ecological camp set in one of the most visually dramatic locations in the world! Home to the Maasai, abundant wildlife and over 1 million flamingos, our camp is perfectly situated for amazing adventures!
- Lake Natron Camp is home to the Hominid footprints, the largest breeding ground for Lesser Flamingo & Ol Doinyo Lengai, the only active carbonatite volcano in the world (and hardest 1 day hike in East Africa!)
- 10 spacious guest tents under shade netting with a porch area, main bedroom and en-suite bathroom with a shower & eco toilet. The main bedroom is furnished with a comfy king size bed & luxurious Egyptian linen. A private path leads from each tent to our natural swimming pool in the spring-fed stream.
- Start or end your Great Rift Valley Trek or Walk In The Footsteps Of Man to the Serengeti plains from Lake Natron Camp, Ngare Sero.
- Enjoy private bush lunches by the natural pool with views of Lake Natron, the Rift Valley and Ol Doinyo Lengai.
- Whilst in camp, relax with a glass of wine in our natural pool or have a massage from a local Maasai. Take a short walk to the lake or cool off in the waterfalls.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Day & Night Safari game drives, Safari walks, Sundowners above the gorge, breakfast in the Savannah, lunch on the sandbanks, evening meals under the stars.
The Datoga are a nomadic herding tribe, known as great warriors and one of the oldest tribes in Tanzania. Visit in the late afternoon to watch the livestock being herded back into the safety of the boma, as everyone gathers to sing and welcome them..
Soar over the Serengeti’s savannah plains in a hot air balloon at dawn, watching wildlife beneath you & finishing with a champagne bush breakfast.
The Hadza is a traditional hunter-gatherer tribe, one of the last of such tribes in Tanzania. A day spent walking with them, foraging for food and hearing their stories is both fascinating and humbling.
One of Africa’s most iconic moments – the migration of two million wildebeest, zebras and gazelles around the Serengeti-Maasai Mara ecosystem.
Lake Natron Camp, Ngare Sero is a Luxury eco camp at Lake Natron near Ol Doinyo Lengai volcano. A luxury oasis in an extreme environment that hosts a range of activities and adventures based from camp or even expeditions to and from the region. The area, Ngare Sero, is famous for 3 main features, namely Lake Natron, the Gregorian rift with Empakai crater towering above, and Oldonyo Lengai, the active Natrocarbonatite volcano. Of significant interest are also the hominid footprints and unique endemic species of cichlid found in springs that emerge in our camp. All main activities in the area such as gorge & waterfall hikes, lake shore hikes, flamingo walks, sundowners, visiting the hominid footprints and day hikes are all included in our rates. We also offer extended expeditions and our flagship Great Rift Valley Trek, Empakai to Natron, including 2 nights fly camp on route, are superlative adventures in northern Tanzania for active travellers. This is the definitive adventure destination in East Africa.
The 10 spacious guest tents feature shade netting, with a porch area, main bedroom and en-suite bathroom with a shower & eco toilet. The main bedroom is furnished with a comfy king size bed & luxurious Egyptian linen. A private path leads from each tent to our natural swimming pool in the spring-fed stream. Enjoy a sundowner walk overlooking Lake Natron, the Lengai & Gelai mountains and watch the sun go down over the great rift valley. Or visit the ancient hominid footprints and a variety of walks. You can enjoy bird-watching in the area and visit the nearby hot springs, which are the life & blood of this area, where the birds love to preen. You can also visit the local Maasai village to see the local school, grab a drink at the bar or even see their new permaculture project & vegetable garden.
Lake Natron Camp holds ten spacious guest tents, cleverly disguised under camouflaged shade netting. Each tent is comprised of a porch area, main bedroom and en-suite bathroom with a shower and eco toilet. The main bedroom is furnished with a comfy king size bed, luxurious Egyptian linen and furniture made from greenwood. A private path leads from each tent to our natural swimming pool in the spring-fed stream. Each tent can also accommodate 2 extra single beds upon request.
Relax and take in the views from a private deck & outdoor shower leading out from your suite at Mwiba Lodge.
Star Gazer Camp
At our private star-gazer camp in Mwiba, it’s just you, the sky, the land and a sense of infinite freedom.
Private lunches by the natural pool with views of Lake Natron, the Rift Valley and Ol Doinyo Lengai
Main Pavilion Dining
Boma Fireside Dining
Best seat in the ‘house’ with our fly-camping at Mwiba.
Facilities on offer include a spa, fitness room, library, impressive wine cellar and a sublime infinity pool set on a ridge, with heavenly views overlooking 3 springs frequented by wildlife.