- Our lodge is so much part of the Rufiji’s ebb and flow that it seems almost moored on the banks, with one side entirely open to the river. Views across its brown, swirling waters call to mind adventure movies from another time. Indeed, in the early days, we pioneered legendary foot safaris here, and we still make life in and around the lodge as action-packed and exciting as the fizzing natural world around it.
- Take a dip in the lodge pool and keep a sharp eye out for the colourful little kingfishers and bee eaters that dart around the banks of the river.
- Ask your guide to take you to the nearby hot springs for a quick dip in the warm waters.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The beautiful Sand Rivers Selous is perched high on a rocky peninsula in the spectacular Selous Game Reserve. With its breathtaking views of the Rufiji River, this luxury lodge offers a unique combination of adventure, comfort and exclusivity. Just eight open-fronted stone and thatch chalets offer spacious and light interiors, as well as panoramic views over the river. Guests can make the most of a spacious design that welcomes the outside in, with plenty of natural light and cooling breezes right off the river.
Guest areas include a charming dining room where guests can tuck into delicious meals, served on an enormous tree that has been converted into a dining table. Breakfasts are served at the lodge or in the pristine bush. A sparkling swimming pool looks out directly onto the river. A selection of adventures await guests, from exhilarating game drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles to bush walks, fly camping and boat cruises on the Rufiji River.