- A unique luxury lodge in Uganda’s remote Kidepo Valley National Park, Apoka spoils you with 10 lovely rooms, fine dining and a huge rock pool with spectacular views over the wildlife rich Narus Valley.
- Large thatched cottages with canvas walls and solar power look out on wildlife attracted to the on-site watering hole. Each cottage features an ensuite bathroom with stone shower, deep soaking outdoor tub and a writing desk that would suit Hemingway to a tee.
- Massive boulders surround a sparkling pool hewn out of the rock, while the main sitting room provides the perfect setting to while away the hours with a good book or a fun-filled board game.
- Unwind in your al fresco, huge stone bathtub and take in the tranquility of your surrounds beneath the African stars.
- Drink in the dreamy view of the endless savanna vista from the blissful wilderness rock pool.
- Game drives include thrilling spotlit night drives. Guided walks track game in dry riverbeds. Kidepo is renowned for its vast number of bird species and the area around the lodge offers rewarding birdwatching.
- Authentic, off-the-grid safari experience: walk in the savanna & dry riverbeds tracking wildlife, visit a Karamojong village to learn about their traditional way of life, enjoy a sundowner in the arms of a massive fig tree, watch a breeding herd of elephant frolicking in the mud.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Apoka Safari Lodge is a high-end Lodge situated in the farthest corner of Northern Uganda, in the remote Kidepo Valley National Park, bordering South Sudan. When you close your eyes and think of Africa, the landscape you imagine – the jagged hills, the golden grasses, the plains dotted with wildlife, the soft glowing light, is likely to be Kidepo. Apoka Safari Lodge is relaxed, providing a peaceful and private experience. The incredible Wildlife is viewed from the privacy of your veranda or your private outdoor stone bathtub, but the best way to see the wildlife is up close: on foot, or in one of our open-top Landcruisers. The swimming pool at Apoka Lodge – deep and cool – has been carved out of a big rock. This is the kind of pool that makes you want to jump in, splashing and yelling, feeling like a kid again.
The 10 expansive rooms are handmade by local craftsmen, with natural canvas walls surround a rocky kopje with endless views across the savannah. Featuring sitting rooms, private verandas, big hand-hewn beds with soft duvets, hand-woven woolen carpets, extra large plush towels & oversized dressing gowns. You may be as far away from the city as you’ll ever be, but you won’t miss a thing. Wildlife in Kidepo is abundant. Lions, leopard, cheetah, elephant, giraffe, zebra, Africa’s largest herds of buffalo, hartebeest, waterbuck, bushbuck, warthog…the list is endless. Better still, much of it can be seen from the privacy of your veranda or your outdoor bathtub, but the best way to see the wildlife is up close: on foot, or in one of our open-top Landcruisers.
10 beautifully furnished rooms offer endless views across the grassy savannah, and interiors that take their cue from the environment. Rock, wood and natural hues work alongside hand-crafted wooden beds, which are romantically draped with soft, mosquito nets. Hand-woven woollen carpets offer an element of added warmth and secluded sitting rooms and private verandas cater for quiet moments. A lovely ensuite bathroom features a large tropical shower and deep outdoor bathtub – the perfect refuge after a successful day of game viewing.
After your game drive adventures, you can return to the comfort of the lodge’s cosy bar and dining area.
The lodge features a rock pool with spectacular views.
A bliss of the wilderness rock pool experience