- Gahinga Lodge is the perfect retreat to go gorilla tracking in Uganda, track the rare golden monkey, climb a volcano, and share the culture of the Batwa.
- Located at the foothills of the Virunga Volcanoes, eight bandas come with en-suite bathrooms, double vanity, walk in shower, a cosy fireplace, and private porch to contemplate the beauty of your surrounds. The bandas are all decorated in the creative spirit of the Bufimbira people and a private butler service is standard for all guests.
- Relish delicious meals served al fresco surrounded by rolling mountain ranges or in the dining room. Spend relaxing hours in the comfortable lounge, strolling around the colourful gardens, or reading a good book in the shade of a leafy tree.
- Tick off a stunning array of bucket list experiences and go gorilla and golden monkey tracking. Visit the Gahinga Batwa Village and discover fascinating uplifting community projects. Embark on the Batwa Cultural Heritage Tour, explore the Batwa Vocational Centre and enjoy a Batwa dance performance.
- Strap on your hiking boots and hike Mount Sabinyo, Mount Gahinga, Mount Muhavura volcanoes and the Kisozi caldera.
- Unwind with a complimentary 30-minute massage during your stay.
- Sit on the sun terrace overlooking the spectacular Virunga Volcanoes.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Gahinga Lodge is the perfect base to go gorilla tracking in Uganda, track the rare golden monkey, climb a volcano, and share the culture of the Batwa. Mount Gahinga Lodge opened in 1997 and was the first lodge of the Volcanoes Safaris collection. It is the perfect base to go gorilla tracking on the Ugandan side of the Virungas, track the rare golden monkey, climb a volcano, walk through local villages and most of all to share the culture of the Batwa, the oldest inhabitants of the Central African rain forest. The charming property, inspired by traditional design and building techniques, has been re-imagined in 2019: the lounge, dining room, and gardens have been remodeled, and two new deluxe bandas have been launched. The luxury bandas reflect the magic of the aesthetic traditions of the Bufimbira people, with their distinct colours. Each Banda has an ensuite luxury shower room, fireplace and private porch.
10 beautifully furnished rooms offer endless views across the grassy savannah, and interiors that take their cue from the environment. Rock, wood and natural hues work alongside hand-crafted wooden beds, which are romantically draped with soft, mosquito nets. Hand-woven woollen carpets offer an element of added warmth and secluded sitting rooms and private verandas cater for quiet moments. A lovely ensuite bathroom features a large tropical shower and deep outdoor bathtub – the perfect refuge after a successful day of game viewing.
After your game drive adventures, you can return to the comfort of the lodge’s cosy bar and dining area.
The lodge features a rock pool with spectacular views.
A bliss of the wilderness rock pool experience