- Set against the striking backdrop of Lake Kyaninga and the legendary Mountains of the Moon, Kyaninga Lodge is the epitome of luxury and style in the wild heart of Africa. Built from over a thousand hand carved logs, the main building’s exceptional design and scale provides an extraordinary first impression, and sets the tone for the rest of the lodge.
- Once inside, the lodge offers comfortable seating areas around an arresting double-sided, open fireplace, and two raised galleries boast intimate spaces for those wishing to absorb the evocative landscape in a more private setting.
- The lodge’s eight cottages are built on platforms, which are set apart to offer privacy and tranquillity. Each beautifully appointed cottage boasts stylishly rustic furniture, a private deck and an elegant bathroom with a marble countertop basin, a claw-footed freestanding bath, and a glass-walled shower.
- Delicious meals, using locally sourced ingredients, are served in the main building, while the swimming pool, which overlooks the lake, provides the perfect spot to soak up the surrounding natural beauty.
- Guests looking for a little more adventure can follow the steps down from the pool to the remarkably blue waters of the lake surrounded by primeval forest.
- Visit the Kibale National Park, one of Africa’s premier destinations for chimpanzee tracking.
- Enjoy a game of tennis on the lodge’s grass court, or try your hand at a game of croquet.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Situated on the rim of an ancient crater sits Kyaninga Lodge in Uganda, a wooden castle with gardens one would expect to grace an English country house. Guests are surrounded by the stunning atmosphere of Uganda’s Lake Kyaninga and the legendary Mountains of the Moon, perfectly poised for adventure. Kyaninga Lodge in Kibale National Park, Uganda is a tranquil, off-the-beaten-path gem carefully and contemplatively constructed entirely out of hand-carved and hand-placed timber—resulting in an unparalleled experience full of sweeping vistas and lavish amenities. Indeed, first impressions of Kyaninga Lodge are usually in response to its exceptional design and sheer scale. The lodge’s eight thatched cottages are built on raised platforms and connected by extensive wooden walkways. Inside, canopied and mosquito-netted beds boast the softest bed linens and feather pillows, and indoor sitting areas lead to private decks, the perfect spot for morning coffee with views of the lake and mountains.
En suite bathrooms feature marble countertop basins set atop beautifully crafted Elgon Olive pedestals, claw footed freestanding baths, glass walled showers, and plenteous hot water from solar water heaters. Step outside on one of the Kyaninga Lodge’s two furnished decks extending toward the lake, and walk down the steps hewn from local volcanic rock to arrive at the luxurious swimming pool and terraced lawns overlooking the water and primeval forests. The beautiful gardens at Kyaninga Lodge were designed by London-based Imogen Jenkins to provide a counterpoint to the impressive lodge, allowing for enjoyable games on one of the very few grass tennis courts and croquet lawns in Uganda. A row or a dip in the lake is a must, and chimpanzee tracking in Kibale National Park—less than an hour away—is an unforgettable experience unique to this stunning region.
10 beautifully furnished rooms offer endless views across the grassy savannah, and interiors that take their cue from the environment. Rock, wood and natural hues work alongside hand-crafted wooden beds, which are romantically draped with soft, mosquito nets. Hand-woven woollen carpets offer an element of added warmth and secluded sitting rooms and private verandas cater for quiet moments. A lovely ensuite bathroom features a large tropical shower and deep outdoor bathtub – the perfect refuge after a successful day of game viewing.
After your game drive adventures, you can return to the comfort of the lodge’s cosy bar and dining area.
The lodge features a rock pool with spectacular views.
A bliss of the wilderness rock pool experience