Nestled in rainforest on its own private island, mid-stream in the mighty Nile as it flows north between Lakes Victoria and Kyoga, there are few spots quite like Lemala Wildwaters Lodge.
Thick forest envelops the ten timber-floor cottages, each a view over the River Nile and its rapids. The expansive, canvas walled, traditionally thatched rooms each boast private decks with elegant free-standing baths and wash basins carved from the local pink granite. Softly lit with hand made furniture, they are a great place to relax while listening to the white water and many species of bird who call the island home.
- Elevated wooden walkways link the rooms to the restaurant, bar and pool area, the main lodge area stood on a solid rock peninsula amid the rapids. The lodge is at the heart of the newly formed Wildwaters Reserve, a group of islands home to river otters, giant monitor lizards and hundreds of species of birds.
- As well as chilling out, you can take to the waters on kayaks and paddle boards, perhaps conquering some rapids white water rafting, fish, or explore the land on quad bikes or horseback.
- Rafting is very popular here, with many thrill seekers claiming that this stretch of the Nile provides the best rafting in the world.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Located on roughly six hectares on Kalagala Island, Wildwaters Lodge lies on a unique private island mid-stream within the mighty River Nile in Uganda: around 25km downstream from Jinja in eastern Uganda. It’s in a sublime location, and only reached by boat which makes it a very adventurous place to stay. And, it’s uniquely perched on granite rocks with noisy and exciting foamy rapids roaring all around. The ten stand-alone elevated timber-floor and super-spacious luxury suites nestle in rainforest with amazing river views. Each are linked by raised wooden walkways to the restaurant, bar and library, and feature glass-fronted windows, locally made furniture, stylish bathrooms with rain showers, and secluded wooden decks with daybeds and romantic free-standing open-air bathtubs.
There are also delicious and far above standard sunrise breakfasts and candle-lit five course dinners and a lovely swimming pool carved out of natural pink granite rocks in the attractive main communal lodge area. Activities on the river for guests in the nearby adventure-hub of Jinja area including heart-pounding white-water rafting or bungee jumping and jet boating, and gentler horse riding or fishing. Additionally Wildwaters is a perfect platform for viewing some of the more than 1000 bird species that Uganda is so famous for – from turacos and cuckoos to hawks and eagles – and you might also spot giant otters and monitor lizards in the water. It is fun for the whole family, but Wildwaters Lodge also offers a relaxing and intimate stay for honeymooners and couples looking for some quiet time, if of course the roar of the racing white-water rapids does not interfere.