- Gahinga Lodge is the perfect retreat to go gorilla tracking in Uganda, track the rare golden monkey, climb a volcano, and share the culture of the Batwa.
- Located at the foothills of the Virunga Volcanoes, eight bandas come with en-suite bathrooms, double vanity, walk in shower, a cosy fireplace, and private porch to contemplate the beauty of your surrounds. The bandas are all decorated in the creative spirit of the Bufimbira people and a private butler service is standard for all guests.
- Relish delicious meals served al fresco surrounded by rolling mountain ranges or in the dining room. Spend relaxing hours in the comfortable lounge, strolling around the colourful gardens, or reading a good book in the shade of a leafy tree.
- Tick off a stunning array of bucket list experiences and go gorilla and golden monkey tracking. Visit the Gahinga Batwa Village and discover fascinating uplifting community projects. Embark on the Batwa Cultural Heritage Tour, explore the Batwa Vocational Centre and enjoy a Batwa dance performance.
- Strap on your hiking boots and hike Mount Sabinyo, Mount Gahinga, Mount Muhavura volcanoes and the Kisozi caldera.
- Unwind with a complimentary 30-minute massage during your stay.
- Sit on the sun terrace overlooking the spectacular Virunga Volcanoes.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Mihingo is a luxurious, family owned lodge in a magical setting adjacent to Lake Mburo National Park. Perched high on a rocky kopje, whose pre-Cambrian granite boulders were formed over 500 million years ago, it has spectacular views over a vast savannah landscape. Designed to blend in with its fragile surroundings, this environmentally friendly lodge offers comfort, relaxation and the experience of being at one with nature. An infinity pool overlooks the valley below where buffalo, eland, impala, warthogs, bush buck and zebra can be seen at the waterhole. On the rocks you may have the rare chance of seeing the resident family of Klipspringers. We cannot guarantee that you will see a leopard, but on a night game drive you do have a good chance. As Rungwe Kingdon (the son of the well-known wildlife author, Jonathan Kingdon, and one of Mihingo’s guests) once told us “I have seen more leopards in Lake Mburo National Park than any other park in East Africa”. To further enhance your experience of wild Africa, Mihingo is the only lodge in Uganda to offer daytime and overnight horse safaris into the national park.
10 beautifully furnished rooms offer endless views across the grassy savannah, and interiors that take their cue from the environment. Rock, wood and natural hues work alongside hand-crafted wooden beds, which are romantically draped with soft, mosquito nets. Hand-woven woollen carpets offer an element of added warmth and secluded sitting rooms and private verandas cater for quiet moments. A lovely ensuite bathroom features a large tropical shower and deep outdoor bathtub – the perfect refuge after a successful day of game viewing.
After your game drive adventures, you can return to the comfort of the lodge’s cosy bar and dining area.
The lodge features a rock pool with spectacular views.
A bliss of the wilderness rock pool experience