- Set near Covent Garden, L’oscar London is an uber stylish hub in the city’s hip West End. The hotel is set inside of a restored turn-of-the-century church, blending Baroque style such as stained glass and marble columns – which are enhanced by reams of deep purple silk, gilt mirrors, peacock feathers and Lalique-style onyx lamps – with contemporary elegance.
- This award winning, (Sunday Times awarded it best hotel in London in 2019) designer boutique hotel’s elevated bohemian ambiance of lavish elegance is ideal for a stay near London’s famous West End. The royal hues of purple, red, blue, and gold mix with romantic lighting, peacock feathers, and back-lit bookshelves for an intoxicating allure.
- Relish L’oscar London’s 39 sumptuous, louche boudoir guestrooms and suites are individually decorated and feature Iceland Duvet bedding, marble bathrooms, yoga mats, and lush, romantic décor. Marble and onyx bathrooms include walk-in rainforest showers and underfloor heating.
- The Baptist Bar & Grill serves gourmet cuisine with seasonal ingredients. Enjoy a glass of wine and dessert at Café L’oscar. Savor a tea-based cocktail at the Sinner or Saint afternoon tea.
- Unwind at the glamorous Baptist Bar, located in the historic former chapel, with live music on every Thursday evening.
- See a show in the historic Theatreland. Explore local culture and art galleries in Soho. Visit upscale boutiques and cafés in downtown London.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
A designer, baroque boutique beauty in the heart of London – fresh from the Condé Nast Traveler Hot List 2018, Hideaway Report’s Editor’s Choice Awards 2019 & Sunday Times 2019 – Best Hotel in London accolades, L’oscar London welcomes you to an exquisite boutique experience in the city’s exclusive Holborn district, close to Soho, the West End, and Convent Garden. Set in a fantastically restored former Baptist church, its 19th-century Baroque architecture is as gorgeous as its theatrical interior – an intoxicating mix of elegance, decadence, and whimsy from celebrated French décorateur and architect Jacques Garcia. Sip a cocktail at the glowing onyx bar. Relax by the original Doulton fireplaces. Dine in the opulent restaurant and enjoy a modern stay in a historic masterpiece. The hotel’s elevated bohemian ambiance of lavish elegance is ideal for a stay near London’s famous West End.
The 39 elegant rooms and suites boast individualized décor with hues of royal purple, red, and gold, along with velvet drapes, screens with peacock feathers, romantic chandeliers and luxuriant bedding. All boast marble bathrooms, rainforest showers, Roja Dove bath products, fireplaces and original artworks. Splurge on a suite for splendid soaking tubs and refined sitting areas; some offer balconies and stunning city views. The quality of the food and service matches the alluring atmosphere of all your options, making them London hotspots. From the mirrored counter at the center of the hotel’s Baptist Bar to the beauty of the former chapel that houses hotel’s signature restaurant, Baptist Grill, take your pick of stylish gastronomy.
Designed by décorateur Jacques Garcia, L’oscar London’s 39 elegant guestrooms and suites boast individualized décor with hues of royal purple, red, and gold, along with romantic lighting and luxuriant bedding. All boast marble bathrooms, complimentary Wi-Fi, rainforest showers, Roja Dove bath products, and a yoga mat; upgraded rooms add fireplaces and original Arts and Crafts artwork. Splurge on a suite for splendid soaking tubs and refined sitting areas; some offer balconies and stunning city views.
After a day of exploring London, settle into your plump goose-down pillows and custom Iceland Duvet bedding. Admire the mix of Edwardian and contemporary design elements such as velvet drapes, screens with peacock feathers, and glistening chandeliers. Order room service for delicious food and drinks and toast to a stay worth remembering.
From casual to fine dining, you will have your choice of delicious food and drinks from right inside the hotel. The quality of the food and service matches the alluring atmosphere of all your options, making them London hotspots. From the mirrored counter at the center of the hotel’s Baptist Bar to the beauty of the former chapel that houses hotel’s signature restaurant, Baptist Grill, take your pick of memorable gastronomy.
Baptist Grill — Enjoy unprecedented levels of service and a delicious dinner in a stunning atmosphere. The grand octagonal two-story dome in what was the building’s Edwardian chapel sets the stage for a theatrical, one-of-a-kind dining experience. Led by renowned Executive Chef Tony Fleming, the restaurant serves seasonal British flavors with a flourish, including dishes from the super-heated charcoal grill. The à la carte, vegetarian, pre-theater, and dessert menus are sure to please.
The Baptist Bar — This lavish bar is a popular central London hideaway for good reason. Decorated by Jacques Garcia with bewitching flair, its playful array of Old and New Testament cocktails combines with live music from visiting jazz musicians and resident singer Matthew VanKan for irresistible appeal.
L’oscar — Inspired by Venice’s oldest café, this glamorous casual eatery and bar on the hotel’s ground floor is an alluring place for a rendezvous, a glass of wine, or casual fare any time of the day. You can also order up late-night dessert with your drink by the illuminated onyx bar. The glow of the bar and the mirror-lined ceiling mix with original art for an enchanting atmosphere. Try the Saint & Sinner Afternoon Tea, available Monday to Friday, for a traditional experience with a modern twist.
Private Dining & Events — For an impressive event to remember, hold your dinner party, meeting, celebration, or wedding event at The Library or The Committee Room. Each room has many beguiling, unique features and Arts and Crafts-era craftsmanship. Upon request, the Baptist Grill, within the building’s chapel, is available for exclusive hire.
A stay at L’oscar London puts you in the heart of the central district, with easy access to all of London, either by walking or taking the Tube (London Underground). You may be tempted to stay at the hotel, with its glamorous decor, live music at the Baptist Bar, and delicious dining at the Baptist Grill and Café. Just relaxing in your lush bedding may be enough to put off adventures for the day. When you are ready to explore the city, the hotel’s concierge services can help you plan an unforgettable itinerary. The hotel’s prime locale is perfect for a walk to Covent Garden, the West End, and Soho. You also have easy access to an appealing array of luxury boutiques, restaurants, and cultural hotspots, such as the British Museum and the Royal Opera House.
L’oscar London is located on the border of historic Bloomsbury and Holborn in London, England in the United Kingdom. This locale on London’s Southampton Row is just two miles from Buckingham Palace and the iconic Big Ben clock tower. Holborn tube station is a minute’s walk away, as is Soho, Covent Garden, and the West End theater district. Holborn is known for being a grand literary hub, and hosts a vibrant array of upscale bars, shops, and restaurants.