- Chindeni Bushcamp is an intimate safari camp situated on the banks of a lagoon with a spectacular backdrop of the Chindeni Hills, deep in Zambia’s South Luangwa National Park. This luxurious tented camp has an air of exclusivity and a modern, minimalist design.
- The camp provides four spacious and beautifully decorated canvas tents designed for maximum comfort. Built on platforms along the edge of lagoon, the tents come with a private veranda, the perfect spot to relax on as you listen to hippos chortling and elephants wallowing in the lagoon.
- Expect to see good numbers of hippo, crocodiles, a huge variety of waterbirds and of course the animals which come down to drink every day. The camp is thoughtfully designed with a splendid split-level deck – the top for dining, with a large dining table and underneath for relaxing with comfortable chairs and a great view.
- Start the day with a delicious breakfast around the campfire then head out on foot to explore the area. After a few hours relaxation time, experience the thrill of a game drive and as night falls, you may even spot the elusive leopard.
- Day and night game drives and walks in the bush accompanied by a guide and scout. Bird-watching and wildlife viewing from your private deck. Focus on walking safaris, but also offers 4×4 night drives.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Whether you are in the mood for intrepid exploration or perhaps some more sedentary wildlife viewing, Chindeni will deliver. Avid game viewers and birdwatchers can set out on superb walking safaris in the surrounding area.
Whether you are in the mood for intrepid exploration or perhaps some more sedentary wildlife viewing, Chindeni will deliver. Avid game viewers and birdwatchers can set out on superb game drive in the surrounding area.
Chindeni Bush Camp, named after the Chindeni Hills, is a luxurious and stylish little camp, contemporary in design, and situated in a prime location on the edge of the permanent Chayumba Lagoon in South Luangwa National Park where hippos chortle and elephants wallow. Expect serious walking in quiet areas, and exciting night game drives!Designed with just four chalets, and in muted, restful tones, Chindeni Bush Camp is a lovely place to relax and recharge your batteries while enjoying some superb game viewing. There’s something about sleeping under canvas that ignites a sense of adventure in everyone. At Chindeni you can combine that thrill with style and comfort in one of its four opulent tents which overlook the permanent lagoon in front of camp, giving some spectacular game viewing right from your deck!
Gaze out from your private veranda onto the lagoon which attracts birds and animals from miles around. Or settle back with a gin-and-tonic in the central lounge and dining area – a glorious expanse of varnished decking arranged on several levels around the surrounding ebony trees, boasting, of course, the same spectacular view of the serene lagoon and its inhabitants. Expect to see good numbers of hippo, crocodiles, a huge variety of waterbirds and of course the animals which come down to drink every day. The camp is thoughtfully designed with a splendid split-level deck – the top for dining, with a large dining table and underneath for relaxing with comfortable chairs and a great view.
Chindeni Bush Camp features four luxury and spacious en-suite tents. Two of the tents have a king size bed and two have twin queen size beds. The rooms have stripped wooden floor, comfortable four poster beds, a cosy sitting room and vaulted canvas ceilings. The private verandas offer wonderful views of the wildlife on the lagoon whilst you sway in your hammock.With stripped wooden floors, four-poster beds, cosy sitting rooms, en suite bathrooms and vaulted canvas ceilings, Chindeni’s spacious tents are so inviting you could be forgiven for never wanting to leave your room. Especially when you can see so much wildlife just by stepping onto your own private deck jutting out over the lagoon. Two of the tents have twin beds (queen-sized beds), while the other two each have a king bed. Chindeni is open from May to December.
Raised on a wooden decking, Chindeni’s 4 en-suite magnificent canvas tents have private decks from which one can view the resident big game often in attendance, or simply enjoy the extensive birdlife and serenity of the camp and lagoon. The tents are the most spacious in the Luangwa, each with two queen-sized beds or one king bed, shower, toilet and double vanities. The dining area is on stilts above the oxbow lagoon with an adjoining lounge area for relaxing in the open air. Guests have been known to stay in camp during hot October days and see more from the deck than on a drive!.
Relax with a drink in the central lounge and dining area – a glorious expanse of varnished decking arranged on several levels around the surrounding ebony trees. Enjoy the same spectacular view of the serene lagoon and its hippo inhabitants.
The central lounge and dining area is the focus of camp life with meals, sundowners and afternoon relaxation all taking place on its multi-tier decking.
Scenic open air bush dining and sundowners are included in your stay here.
Guests can also relax in the dining area, lounge or bar which all overlook the luangwa River offering guests an amazing view of the Chindeni Hills. From the bar there are steps down to the lagoon where guests can enjoy an open air dining experience on the sandy shore next to the still waters of the lagoon. Dinner will otherwise be served on the spacious deck, which has a dining / lounge or bar area.