- Situated in the South Luangwa National Park, the luxury Mfuwe Lodge offers 18 cottages overlooking two lagoons which attract a variety of game. Expect lovely rooms in a beautiful setting, and high levels of service.
- This award winning safari lodge is part of the exclusive National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World Collection, and set in the most prolific game area of the South Luangwa.
- This is perhaps the only hotel in the world where you may need to make way for passing elephants when checking in (in season).
- Mfuwe’s main area is large and airy, with a high thatched roof and a central bar leading out to a huge deck overlooking the lagoon, with an infinity pool.
- If you need to rejuvenate your mind and pamper your body, visit the peaceful sanctuary of the Mfuwe Lodge’s BushSpa. From the Spa’s private deck, with its views over a wildlife-rich lagoon, you can continue your game-viewing in style of the wildlife-rich lagoon as you sink into a heavenly herbal Jacuzzi with a refreshing herbal beverage or enjoy a Zambian reflexology foot massage.
- Set out from your Bushcamp for an early morning walk in the wilderness, tapping all of your senses to track wildlife with a top guide.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Walking safaris can be arranged on request, allowing guests to explore as much of this prolific region of the Luangwa Valley as possible.
The game-viewing potential at Mfuwe Lodge and the surrounding area is second-to-none. Drives are led by our experienced team of guides, setting out at first light, and then again in the late afternoon when the wildlife is at its most active. After sundowners, spotlights are used to pick out a new cast of nocturnal creatures.
If you’re interested in birds, you’ll find hours of entertainment watching the prolific bird populations that make this area their home.
Cultural visits to the local village, school and textiles/handicraft market.
Located just inside South Luangwa National Park, less than an hour drive from Mfuwe International Airport, you’ll be amazed at the ‘deep in the bush’ feeling of Mfuwe Lodge. As soon as you arrive you’ll understand why this award winning National Geographic Unique Lodge has been voted Best Lodge in Zambia. Combine the view of the two lagoons and the incredible wildlife with delicious meals followed by a pampering massage at the Bush Spa, and your trip to Africa couldn’t get any better. Each of the 18 chalets includes a private deck for you to use as your own wildlife viewing perch, best appreciated with a favorite cocktail in your hand, perhaps, as the sun sets on the horizon. Beneath a canopy of ebony and mahogany, its thatched buildings are arranged around the banks of two lagoons where an endless stream of wildlife will keep you enthralled as you lounge on the open deck or take a dip in the swimming pool. The airy interior of the lodge is an exquisite complement to its natural surroundings.
This region of the park is renowned for its prolific game – giraffe, buffalo, antelope, hippos & crocodiles are constant visitors to Mfuwe Lodge’s lagoon. This is perhaps the only hotel in the world where you may need to make way for passing elephants when checking in, specially during November when local elephants regularly wander right through the lobby, lured by a nearby wild mango tree. Activities focus on exploring the South Luangwa in day and night 4X4 game drives, all in open-topped vehicles, and accompanied by an expert guide. In the evenings these game drives become exciting spot-light night drives, perfect for finding Luangwa’s predators such as lion and leopard, which are frequently seen.
There are eighteen thatched chalets on wooden decks; two suites, three family rooms, three double rooms, and ten twin rooms. Each chalet is equipped with en-suite shower, twin basins and WC, and a comfortable sitting area. The suites’ king sized beds and en-suite bathtubs add an extra level of indulgence to these luxurious accommodations. Set beneath a canopy of ebony and mahogany trees, the charming wood and textile decor of the lodge’s interiors pays homage to the splendor of the natural world outside. And if it’s nature you’re interested in, you’ve come to the right place. Where else can you sit in the lobby and watch a small herd of elephants parade on the tile floors, marching past you to reach the Wild Mango tree inside the lodge grounds? Your friends at home won’t believe how close you came to these magnificent creatures on their way to a snack of fallen fruit.
Mfuwe Lodge Chalets
Scattered along two lagoons’ shady banks lie 18 thatched chalets from which you can enjoy your own private piece of Africa. Secluded covered verandas look out over wallowing hippo and thirsty game in the lagoons, while the comfortable sitting rooms and en-suite bathrooms with panoramic walk-in showers are the perfect place to wind down.
Enjoy freshly-made breakfasts, buffet lunches and gourmet dinners under African skies in the reed-enclosed boma which includes a bar and lounge for your comfort. A full English breakfast is prepared on a wood and charcoal grill in a nearby shady grove once a week.
The enchanting thatch-and-timber Mfuwe Lodge offers a cool, airy and comfortable stay on the banks of a lagoon that teems with wildlife. The central open-plan lodge provides plenty of comfortable spaces in which to relax, lounge, dine or enjoy a refreshing drink at the bar. The generous wooden deck and swimming pool overlook the lagoon and you will have the unforgettable experience of watching hippos while you take a cooling dip in the swimming pool or enjoy a sundowner drink. The nature conservation library has its own deck shaded by giant ebony trees while the private Bush Spa offers contemporary treatments and massages for your body and beautiful views of the river for your soul.
If you need to rejuvenate your mind and pamper your body, visit the peaceful sanctuary of the Mfuwe Lodge’s BushSpa. From the Spa’s private deck, with its views over a wildlife-rich lagoon, you can continue your game-viewing in style of the wildlife-rich lagoon as you sink into a heavenly herbal Jacuzzi with a refreshing herbal beverage or enjoy a Zambian reflexology foot massage. Indulge each of your senses at the Bush Spa with its classic design and spectacular views, the sounds of the surrounding bush, a refreshing herbal drink, exotic aromas and, most importantly, the skilled hands of our highly trained local massage therapists. Guests who choose to stay at Mfuwe Lodge can choose from an extensive range of treatments.