- Sausage Tree Camp is a chic & intimate, luxury safari lodge set in the most stunning location on the banks of the Zambezi River in the heart of the Lower Zambezi National Park’s best game viewing area.
- Sausage Tree Camp, voted as “Best Location in Africa” at the 2016 Good Safari Guide Awards is hidden amongst mature sausage and mahogany trees on the banks of the Zambezi River. Beautiful accommodation includes seven newly built Luxury Suites with open air bathrooms, dining and lounge area, personal bar, private pool and veranda.
- The sole-use Kigelia House is perfect for small groups or families, as it features two spacious bedrooms, ensuite bathrooms, a sitting room, private pool and veranda.
- Superb African-fusion meals are served in the open-air dining tent, on the main viewing deck or in the privacy of guests’ tents. Refreshing sundowners can be enjoyed in the welcoming bar area, which is fronted by an enormous teak deck that overlooks the Zambezi River, while a sparkling 25m swimming pool completes the setting.
- Adventures include twice-daily game drives with your private guide, walking safaris, canoeing, boat cruises and fishing.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Sausage Tree Camp offers a chic & intimate, 5 star river safari & authentic bush experience in the Lower Zambezi National Park. The camp comprises 7 luxury, modern styled suites with high canvas roofs, they are a novel design and one that has become synonymous with this camp, the bathrooms again are open-air and have views to the river. Sausage Tree recently underwent renovations, and since then, each tent has its’ own plunge pool and deck. In addition to these ‘signature tents’ there are 2 suites that are of similar design but are considerably larger with baths, more furniture and their own plunge pools. In my opinion these suites challenge the suites at Chongwe for best accommodation units in the Lower Zambezi. There is also the ‘Kigelia House’ with 2 rooms for families along with a living area in between with a small pool in front.
Each guest room has its own muchinda (personal butler), 24-hour power for the lights, plus overhead fans and power sockets for charging devices. The main lodge is very open, with a huge deck right to the riverfront with plenty of seating and even a telescope on offer to get a close up view of the nearby wildlife. There is also a large swimming pool. Activities at Sausage Tree are incredibly varied. Uniquely for this park, private guiding is provided as standard, so you can really tailor your safari to your own interests. You can enjoy boat trips on the river, game drives, guided walks and fishing. A particular highlight is a morning canoe trip down the channel adjacent to the camp. The camp is situated in the heart of the park, and is surrounded by some particularly pretty game loops.