- Sindabezi is a private island paradise nestled in the waters of the Zambezi River, upstream from the Victoria Falls. It is a luxurious bush camp on its own little island, with superb views over the surrounding river and plenty of activities on offer!
- Only accessible by boat, this bucket list property is one of Zambia’s most secret getaways. It’s here that you can cruise up and down the river, looking for hippos and elephants or sit outside on your deck to relax in a warm outdoor bubble bath.
- Sindabezi is an idyllic, exclusive camp on a private island and is part of the Tongabezi group. From here the Victoria Falls can comfortably be explored and guests have a wealth of experiences and activities to choose from during the day only to return to a tranquil haven at night.
- Sindabezi provides superb views over the flood plain and an opportunity to see wildlife in the surrounding national park.
- Sindabezi Island Lodge is regarded as one of the most romantic, remote and exclusive private island lodges in the world and is perfect for honeymooners.
- Fodor’s consider Sindabezi one of the top 10 eco lodges in Africa.
- There are only five open-sided thatched Chalets on the entire island, allowing guests to soak up the sights and sounds of a pristine African bush setting. Views across the flood plains of the Zambezi and into the nearby National Park complete the experience.
- Drift down the Zambezi River on a Sunset Cruise or have a romantic river dinner out on a floating Sampan. Visit our exclusive Sand Bar in the evening.
- Sindabezi’s rooms are open and intimate, each with its own private deck.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Our guides will allow you to safely take to the Zambezi River. See the wonder of Zambia from the water.
Dine under the stars on our Sanpan, and have each course canoed out by your Valet.
Explore the Zambezi by power boat complete with sundowners and snacks.
See one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World with a trip to Victoria Falls on the Zambian side
Game viewing in an open vehicle in the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park.
Our local curio market is the perfect place to pick up small gifts for home.
Enjoy a short cycle to meet the friendly people from the Simonga village.
Take a tour of the school build and supported by Tongabezi.
Visit a Zambian bazaar which provides for the local people.
A place to learn about Zambia culture and natural heritage.
The Zambezi makes a serene angling destination.
The encounter with members of the Zambezi herd is an uplifting experience.
Follow David Livingstone’s footsteps with a tour of Livingstone Island, set on the edge of the Victoria Falls.
Enjoy a thrilling microlight flight over Victoria Falls.
Thrill seekers will love the rapids of the Zambezi.
Chobe National Park has one of the largest concentration of game in Africa.
Indulge in a historical 5 start train trip and dinner.
Shoot the rapids of the Zambezi in a jet boat at 90km an hour.
For the thrill seekers out there, can you find a more spectacular setting to experience a bungee jump than from the Victoria Falls Bridge? For those who dare, this is a 111 metre jump of pure adrenaline.
Sindabezi is a private island paradise nestled in the waters of the Zambezi River, upstream from the Victoria Falls. It is a luxurious bush camp on its own little island, with superb views over the surrounding river and plenty of activities on offer! Sindabezi is an idyllic, exclusive camp on a private island and is part of the Tongabezi group. From here the Victoria Falls can comfortably be explored and guests have a wealth of experiences and activities to choose from during the day only to return to a tranquil haven at night. Sindabezi provides superb views over the flood plain and an opportunity to see wildlife in the surrounding national park.
The unique design of the five tented chalets allows close-up encounters with all the sights and sounds of the river and the creatures who live in and around it. From the south side of the island there is one chalet which has a wonderful view across the bubbling channels of the Zambezi River to the Victoria Falls National Park, where game such as elephant, impala and wildebeest come to quench their thirst on the banks of the river. At night guests can opt to enjoy the first round of sundowners in their large private bubble bath – with piping hot water courtesy of the state of the art solar heaters.
Sindabezi has only five open-sided thatched cottages facilities include a sun deck, outside heated shower, canopied bed and a “loo with a view.” All the chalets can be altered to have a twin or double bed and there is a delightful secluded honeymoon chalet on its own sandy beach. There is a stunning ‘Honeymoon’ chalet situated on a secluded sandy shore at the end of the island. The brand new, old fashioned claw-foot bath is perfect for two and solar panelling provides hot water and ambient bedside lighting. The entire Sindabezi Island is also romantically lit with traditional hurricane lamps and candles.
The five Sindabezi Island Chalets are perched on stilted wooden decks to allow full immersion into the sights and sounds of our evocative African setting. Conservation conscious travellers will be delighted to know that the Island is completely independent from the grid and comfort conscious guests will be overjoyed to know they will be pampered with piping hot water, gourmet meals, ice cold drinks and gorgeously romantic lighting. Imagine how magical Sindabezi Island would be if you are travelling with a small group. We have special rates for guests who wish to book the island exclusively. Many guests combine Sindabezi with a stay at our sister property Tongabezi Lodge, a short boat ride away.
Tucked away on the banks of the island all four Chalet’s have solar heated showers, and distinctive ‘loos with a view’ set along private wooden walkways. Although perfectly secluded, the island is also ideal for families or groups who would like to consider a private booking.
Chalet Five is our ‘Honeymoon’ chalet and is situated on a secluded sandy shore at the end of the island. The brand new, old fashioned clawfoot bath is perfect for two. Thanks to our solar panelling, hot water and ambient bedside lighting is assured, The entire Sindabezi Island is also romantically lit with traditional hurricane lamps and candles.
On one side of the island there is a simple boma with comfy cream sofas, a bar and dining area overlooking the vegetated sandbanks with the river meandering past. There is also a raised lounge area between two tree trunks offering sensational views over the river. There is always a roaring camp fire at night, which is very welcome on a chilly night. From here, sandy paths lead through the riverine vegetation to the five rooms.
There is an open-plan central lounge and bar area at Sindabezi Island, and most of the meals are enjoyed under the mesmerising stars. Drift down the Zambezi River on a Sunset Cruise or have a romantic river dinner out on a floating Sampan. Visit our exclusive Sand Bar in the evening.
Sink your bare toes into white Sindabezi sand under the dining table whether you opt for a hosted meal shared with other island goers or prefer a private table set up in or near your chalet.
‘All inclusive’ is not only about food, drinks and a sumptuous bedroom at Tongabezi, Sindabezi and Tangala House… We also offer our guests a range of complementary activities. In keeping with our famed individual approach to hospitality there is no set itinerary, so you are free to book every excursion at a time that fits perfectly with your idea of the ideal holiday.