- Zambia’s most exclusive safari camp. Total luxury in a pristine brand new camp, the first and only one of its kind in this region.
- King Lewanika Lodge is the only permanent safari lodge in this region, and is situated in splendid isolation in Zambia’s untouched Liuwa Plain National Park.
- The villas offer total immersion in the vast landscape, allowing travellers to experience nature’s masterpiece in a meaningful way. The main guest area at the heart of the camp is a chic blend of sleek modern design, crisp clean lines and classic tented safari style.
- The open-plan design flows throughout the dining area, lounge and bar, including a generous raised deck with panoramic views of the Liuwa Plains as well as a plunge pool, making the most of the spectacular outlook.
- With award-winning guides and intimate safari excursions, we bring unrivalled access and absolute exclusivity to one of Zambia’s most untouched wilderness regions.
- Experience the magic of Liuwa Plain, which is home to Africa’s second biggest wildebeest migration, magnificent birdlife, a growing cheetah population and the famed Lady Liuwa lion pride. Spotted hyenas and packs of wild dogs also thrive in this area.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
In the later afternoon, enjoy a leisurely sundowner cruise up the Zambezi.When the captain sees fit he will switch off the engine and let the boat drift quietly downstream passing the odd elephant, hippo or crocodile and an abundance of colourful bird life. The sunsets are particularly beautiful during the drier months.
Overlooking islands in the mighty Zambezi River, Toka Leya offers the perfect combination of relaxation and adventure; ideal for the beginning or end of your African safari. Morning explorations of the river, the surrounding Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park or nearby Victoria Falls can be followed by a tranquil afternoon at our spa or practicing inspired yoga on the panoramic deck of our gym.
The camp’s twelve spacious, en-suite safari-style tents (including three family tents) with expansive decks serve up the dramatic views and glimpses of wildlife. Limiting our footprint on this pristine area, wooden walkways snake between the units and the main area where the dining, bar and lounge area are complemented by an infinity pool, a sundeck for sumptuous meals and a convivial fire pit for night-time gatherings.
This pioneering luxury lodge can accommodate up to fifteen guests in six ultra-modern timber and canvas suites, one of which is a two-bedroomed family villa. The suites are carefully positioned for maximum privacy on elevated wooden decks, with vast open fronts and open-plan bathrooms with an outdoor shower. Glorious far-reaching views across the wide flood plains offer some superb wildlife viewing from the tented bedrooms and sunken lounge terrace which leads directly down onto the surrounding grasslands.
Two Bedroom Family Villa
Included in the six suites at King Lewanika Lodge is the 4-sleeper Family Villa, comprising two bedrooms and ideal for families with two children (only 12 and older are permitted).
Sleek, contemporary and set on raised decking, each of the six suites atKing Lewanika Lodge is a master class in simple elegance. There are three sections to each suite: a bedroom area with king-sized bed, a private lounge area with a couch, and a spacious en suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers – all looking out over the Liuwa Plains as does your suite’s wide terrace that is furnished with sun loungers.
Your day begins with early morning tea, coffee and biscuits before your morning drive, after which you return for a hearty brunch. There is plenty of time for afternoon tea before your second drive, which usually ends with cold drinks and snacks at a sunset spot. You then return to camp for a 3-course supper served by candlelight – private dining at your suite or out on the Liuwa Plains is available on request.
The open-plan design flows throughout the dining area, lounge and bar, with a plunge pool making the most of the spectacular outlook from the raised timber decks.
Outside you will find a generous raised deck with panoramic views of the Liuwa Plains as well as a plunge pool, an unusual touch for such a remote camp. The outdoor fire pit is surrounded by canvas camp chairs and literally sits on the Liuwa Plains, promising stunning night skies to accompany your fireside drink.