- Gorges probably has the best views of any lodge in Zimbabwe – looking down into the spectacular red-rock Batoka Gorge and the wild Zambezi River. It’s set amid extensive colourful gardens, and is close enough for easy access to Victoria Falls, but far enough to feel totally away from the crowds. Enjoy the tranquillity.
- Each cottage has a private garden with glorious gorge views facing towards sunrise. Cottages have twin or double beds draped with mosquito nets and a small lounge area with leather armchairs and a coffee table. High-thatched ceilings and wrought-iron fittings add to the rustic ambience. The bathrooms – all creamy marble – have double showers, double sinks and a separate toilet.
- Early breakfasts are kept simple, but brunches are substantial – after a steep gorge walk, your reward might be a feast of sausages, bacon, eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms in a glorious riverside location.
- A pool lies in the garden while a pop-up spa provides treatments on your private terrace overlooking the gorge.
- Activities include tours of Victoria Falls, sunset cruises, gorge walks, swimming in waterfalls, yoga at sunrise, village and school visits, and game drives. Join in the fun of drumming and dancing with a local group before dinner and don’t miss fascinating talks on rare black eagles that nest near the lodge.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Gorges and Little Gorges is a mere 30 minute drive from Victoria Falls town and offers a unique Victoria Falls experience from a peaceful and idyllic base on the edge of the Batoka Gorge – a perfect choice for your Victoria Falls safari adventure! At Gorges you can relax away from the hustle and bustle of Victoria Falls town – our peaceful guest accommodation is nestled in a landscaped garden that makes walking to your room a joy, and our staff are renowned for their warm hospitality. Gorges is famous for its spectacular views, described by some as the best in southern Africa; whether you are enjoying a cup of coffee at sunrise on your private veranda or a cool refreshment by the pool at sunset, you will be constantly drawn to the stunning vistas provided by the Batoka Gorge and the rushing waters of the Zambezi River below.
Little Gorges is perched on the edge of the Batoka Gorge next to main Gorges. This tented extension of Gorges overlooks the dramatic junction of the Dibu Dibu River and the Zambezi, where black eagles and lanner falcons nest in the sheer cliff faces. Construction of the luxury tents in this rugged, rocky and broken terrain necessitated careful planning and feats of engineering and is a wonderful alternative to the main Gorges chalets while still providing all the same comforts.