- Set within a private concession in the magical Mana Pools National Park, Nyamatusi Camp and Nyamatusi Mahogany Camp raises the benchmark for luxury and design in the area. It lies on the floodplains of the Zambezi with striking views of the mighty river and escarpment.
- Nyamatusi is a highly luxurious camp offering an authentic African experience whilst maintaining high levels of service and style in the wild and remote Mana Pools National Park.
- Its sister camp, Nyamatusi Mahogany lies next door (half a mile away) and is recommended for families. It’s almost identical but has interjoining rooms and a dedicated children’s host and guides who offer children’s activities like bead-making and cultural games.
- African Bush Camps is renowned for its excellent guiding across all camps.
- Intimate camp with only six luxury tented suites. Each of the luxury suites has its own private plunge pool.
- Guests can expect the utmost flexibility in activities, including guided walking safaris, canoeing safaris along the Zambezi River, fishing and game drives. Here you will be accompanied by our knowledgeable guides who will share their knowledge and genuine love of the bush with you.
- Nyamatusi allows guests to experience an authentic view of the old untouched Africa.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Away from the comfort of a safari vehicle, all your senses are suddenly awakened when you are on foot. Our walking guides will accompany you through the bush while teaching you about animal spoor, interesting insects, plants and the geology of the area.
Lead by one of our experienced guides, you’ll see magnificent wildlife indigenous to the area. Your guide will show you the hidden spots best for game viewing and give you an insider’s knowledge. With years of experience our African Bush Camps guides are known for being some of the best in the business.
Try your hand at fishing from the banks of the Zambezi River. Fish for tiger, bream (tilapia), vundu, and many other species on a catch and release basis.
The Lower Zambezi River is the perfect setting for an adventurous canoeing safari. Paddle along the tranquil waters of the Zambezi River and take in the pristine scenery of Mana Pools National Park from a unique angle. On your canoeing safari you’ll get the chance to see wildlife such as hippos, crocodiles, elephants, and incredible birdlife.
Delight in the call of the African skimmer, photograph the Southern carmine bee-eater or the Narina trogon. Or simply sit back and enjoy their beautiful songs.
Set in one of the wildest and most remote parts of Africa, on the banks of one of the oldest rivers in the world, Nyamatusi allows guests to experience an authentic view of the old untouched Africa. Inspired by the traditional custodians of the land who respected the river as the source of life, the design of the camp subtly incorporates the element of water and pays homage to the astounding beauty of the mighty Zambezi River. Consisting of six luxury tented suites with uninterrupted views of the river and escarpment beyond, the camp inspires a feeling of remoteness. There is an abundance of game and birds dance on the breeze. Guests are able to spend their days walking in the footsteps of ancient explorers and following the tracks of elephant. Here, visitors can watch the drama of the wild play out before their eyes on game drives and canoeing safaris and marvel at the incredible sights and sounds of one of Africa’s last remaining wild frontiers.
Mana pools is a realible water source and is therefore home to thriving wildlife including large numbers of elephant and predators. Your expert guides will take you on some of the most impressive walking safaris Africa has on offer, these walks will allow you to get up close to animals you never thought imaginable and will be the highlight of your African adventure. Other activities during your stay include 4×4 game drives where you can explore the further corners of the park, canoeing on the Zambezi in search of pods of hippo and crocodiles, and maybe even try your hand at fishing.
Guest accommodation consists of six luxury tented suites, each with its private plunge pool and all offering uninterrupted views over the mighty Zambezi to the escarpment beyond. Its sister camp, Nyamatusi Mahogany lies next door (half a mile away) and is the perfect luxury safari experience for families. It’s almost identical but has interjoining rooms and a dedicated children’s host and guides who offer children’s activities like bead-making and cultural games. Consisting of 2 tented suites and 2 family suites nested under ancient mahogany trees on the lush shores of the mighty Zambezi River, the camp has been designed with style and serenity in mind.
Nyamatusi Camp offers six large tented suites, all of which views of the Zambezi River, en suite bathroom with bathtubs and both indoor and outdoor showers, and full solar charging facilities. From your bedroom, stroll to your viewing deck and private plunge pool, perhaps helping yourself to a drink or snack from the mini-bar. Nyamatusi Mahogany Camp located nearby is perfect for families, consisting of 2 tented suites and 2 family suites.
Dining follows the traditional safari rhythm of refreshments on your morning game drive, brunch or lunch back in camp, and late afternoon high tea before your final game drive. No safari is complete without sundowners out in the bush and a multi-course meal back at camp, savoured with a bottle from the wine cellar.
The lounge, dining and bar area are places of hospitality and relaxation, and a pool and deck offer alternate spaces to enjoy the scenery and passing wildlife.
Nyamatusi Camp consists of a main area with a library, viewing deck, sunken fire pit, wine cellar and communal splash pool. The solar farm provides power for the lodge.